What if(s)? - Accurate Dub (Anime footage, Video Game audio)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:42 am

You sure this audio is from Burst Limit? It didn't sound anything like Schemmel's Goku. I actually thought it was the UK dub Goku at first.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:46 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:You sure this audio is from Burst Limit? It didn't sound anything like Schemmel's Goku. I actually thought it was the UK dub Goku at first.
Yep, believe it or not this is Schemmel's Burst Limit Goku.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:03 am

Did you edit the audio or something because I watched the clip from the game on youtube and it didn't sound anything like the one from your video.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:05 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:Did you edit the audio or something because I watched the clip from the game on youtube and it didn't sound anything like the one from your video.
The only thing not from Burst Limit is "It's over, Freeza!", that's from the Original Budokai (1). Everything else, is from Burst Limit (audio).

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:15 am

Rocketman wrote:
Joey Batz wrote:What does he say in the Japanese manga?
"I am completely angry with you, Freeza!"
Sounds like my mother. :lol:
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What if(s)? - Accurate Dub (Anime footage, Video Game au

Post by B » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:31 am

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:I figured with the new announcement of a DBZ with what seems to be no filler, this may also have a chance at an accurate dub from FUNimation.
No. Watch ANY dub of FUNimation, or go to ANN and read a review of a FUNi dubbed anime. They have 70 titles, not counting the Geneon and ADV distribution-only shows. They all have SOMETHING that makes it different.

Of course, Dragon Ball has received the most edits in anything they have(unless you count Shin-chan, which I don't), so you should be saying "Here's a chance for dubbed openings and dub lines that aren't godawfulin Dragon Ball Z."

There WILL be changes to the dialogue. There's no getting around it. That's what FUNimation does.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki