DBZ Unreleased BGM Project - !Updated!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:49 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Snail wrote:
Ssj_Rambo wrote:Anyway, I have recently found out that the French DBZ maniac Genki (genkidbz@wanadoo.fr) is selling all of his Dragonball collection,
The kind sir does reply to english emails right?
Yes, I'm sure he does; he even had an accounthere that he used for a brief while (his avatar is badass).

The guy truly is amazing, he's the one responsible for the French fan-sub of the Televikko footage, the French DBAF (Toyble's) translations, and is the guys behing the famous Golden Oozaru in Budokai 3 rumor (read about it in the middle of this page).

He did first announce that he was selling these Laser Discs a while ago, so I can't gurantee that he still has them in stock, but don't hesitate to ask; he's a pretty nice guy!

:!: By the way, if it comes to this, I would be willing to help someone pay for these, in return for .mp3 rips of the BGM and copies of the special fetaures included in each. ^_^
I'm sure your friends on the forum would gladly share .mp3 rips with everyone... right? Right!?
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:08 pm

DBHighDefinition wrote:I'm sure your friends on the forum would gladly share .mp3 rips with everyone... right? Right!?
I could only hope so...

Anyway, I just remembered about all this too:

Thanks to kei17 (again), here's another place to buy the good ol' Laser Discs:

12 of the Z movies [approx. $550]
Tenth Anniversary Film [approx. $55]

Pretty damn expensive, but I just wanted to through it out there, just in case. :D

:idea: By the way, does anyone know what theseare? The top one seems to have a picture of Goku in the bottom left corner, and "dragon ball Z" is in the description.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:14 pm

I could only guess they are a "Best of Shonen" compilation or something, hence the different years on the top. :?:
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:33 pm

The music in part 2 is even better than in part 1, in my opinion. Thanks again to everyone who was a part of this! BTW, I sent a message to ThePetSounds regarding .mp3 versions of the unreleased songs... so keeps your fingers crossed!

I was going to shoot Genki an e-mail for some other stuff I needed his help with, so I'll ask him if the Laser Discs are still for sale while I'm at it. Is there anyone who's interested in them right now?

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:44 am

This is fantastic. By any chance would you be able to do the same thing for DBZ Movie 2? I attempted to do it myself but the 5.1 track on Funi's double feature release has a LOT of echo covering all of the speakers (Funi seems to always do this when characters are inside a large room), making it impossible to rip music without dialogue.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:36 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:I sent a message to ThePetSounds regarding .mp3 versions of the unreleased songs
He is my brother so there's no need to send him a message. :D
Levlik wrote:This is fantastic. By any chance would you be able to do the same thing for DBZ Movie 2? I attempted to do it myself but the 5.1 track on Funi's double feature release has a LOT of echo covering all of the speakers (Funi seems to always do this when characters are inside a large room), making it impossible to rip music without dialogue.
It includes a ton of unreleased BGMs so now we're trying to find the LD of Movie2 but it's pretty hard to get..

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:48 pm

I think I'm going to lose my mind. I mean, if we can do this with the laserdiscs, then it's all the more frustrating that these things are so rare, and on top of that, that I have no money to buy them when they do show up!
I mean, think about this! This is what I and all the other BGM fans have been longing for, the next-best thing to a CD release. AND IT'S RIGHT THERE, and there's no way to get it! Arrrgh... this is insane!

*Phew*... okay, I think I'm done venting now. Sorry.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

WorldChampion

Post by WorldChampion » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:47 am

Would your method work with the Pioneer laserdisc of movie 2?

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Whoa! Nice work, kei17.

:idea: I wonder if I can do the same thing with my old Dead Zone laserdisc, despite there probably being no unreleased BGM.

EDIT: M1012 was previously unrelesed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was on one of the BGM Collections.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:50 am

Saiyajin no Tatsujin wrote:Whoa! Nice work, kei17.

:idea: I wonder if I can do the same thing with my old Dead Zone laserdisc, despite there probably being no unreleased BGM.

EDIT: M1012 was previously unrelesed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was on one of the BGM Collections.
There are unreleased tracks from Dead Zone. Six, in fact.

And yes, M1012 ("Gohan Meets Tullece", if you want to put an unofficial name on it) was previously unreleased. It was that one and M1019, "Tullece Eats The Fruit", that I was so thrilled about these videos about.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Too bad I don't have a laserdisc player anymore. :(

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 am

Saiyajin no Tatsujin wrote:Too bad I don't have a laserdisc player anymore. :(
I think this is the part where everyone falls flat on their faces. :lol:

Genki

Post by Genki » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:48 am

Hello,

I post this message for inform you, my collection is not for sale, I just sold recently some items, but I keep the best items like the LD, video games, most beautifuls figures,... ;)

Anyway this topic is really interesting, register the unreleases BGM from the LD is a really good idea. The only inconvenient is the track are mono not stereo.

Good job kei ;)
Ossu ! Ora Genki !

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:52 am

Genki wrote:Hello,

I post this message for inform you, my collection is not for sale, I just sold recently some items, but I keep the best items like the LD, video games, most beautifuls figures,... ;)
And I just sent you an e-mail asking this! :lol: Oh well, at least I also asked about something else too.

Thanks for dropping by here; It's great to see you here! And I don't blame you for wanting to keep the LaserDiscs, I would too. :D

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:52 am

Great to know, now about that avatar... :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

didigoku

Post by didigoku » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:32 am

Yeah !!! Good release !!!! Excellent !!!
Now, waiting for Movie 13 BGM release !!! Ones of the best BGM ever made for me !!!
If he reaches to get them... don't know what to say...just that you'll be one of the strongest guy in the Dragon World !!! lol

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:36 am

I've uploaded unreleased BGM in Movie 6!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ug2U16clHs&fmt=18

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 pm

A very*5 so incredibly awesome Korean guy ballpen4 on YouTube gave me the all unreleased BGM from LDs!! I will fix the volume and upload them later :lol: :lol:
Last edited by kei17 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:35 pm

kei17 wrote:A very*5 so incredibly awesome Korean guy ballpen4 on YouTube gave me the all the unreleased BGM from LDs!! I will fix the volume and upload them later :lol: :lol:
Upload them in MP3 perhaps? :)

Seriously, I'm having a fit cause' I'm so exited. :!:

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:56 pm

kei17 wrote:A very*5 so incredibly awesome Korean guy ballpen4 on YouTube gave me the all the unreleased BGM from LDs!! I will fix the volume and upload them later :lol: :lol:
All of them? As in... ALL of them?! This is too good to be true... this is usually the part where I wake up.
I'm too used to disappointment in this area, so I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope the world doesn't end before you're able to upload them.