What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Totally agreeing on wanting to see pics of those. They look like they'd be awesome on a shelf all together.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:15 pm

I've been meaning to make this post for a long while.

YEAH GOKU PLUSHIE!!! Paid $15 for him.

I really like these guys, but I fear they're boots. Paid around $30 for all of them.

Ah my now beloved Irwin Figures with guns, at $4 a piece I couldn't resist.

A set of Irwin Mini-figs at $3 and a DragonBall Gachapon Beach Ball for $2.

Lastly, some keychain gachapons, $2 each from the machine.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Snail

Post by Snail » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:27 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
>snippedimage<

I really like these guys, but I fear they're boots. Paid around $30 for all of them.
30 bucks for the entire REALWORKS GT set? Nice!

Grabbed these on a customer appreciation day at Best Buy. Two more sets to go. Hurrah!

Finally got this sweetness a few weeks ago in the mail. Came in excellent condition, and so did I.

Alright..so that was in bad taste I suppose.

Ze insidez

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm

That last pic is some guro.

Oldphan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Oldphan » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:31 am

Hey there! These are all my newest hauls!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPyWHGNI6mA

All the best,
Oldphan
http://www.youtube.com/DragonballToys
http://www.youtube.com/Foreverwolffilms
www.Oldphan.com
*Ex-Senior Editor of http://www.dragonballtoys.com

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:27 am

That Bulma is awesome, Snail. I was going to pre-order her and the Chi-Chi one, but I had to choose between them and the One Piece crossover figures at the time.
Trans rights, now!

Snail

Post by Snail » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Oldphan wrote:Hey there! These are all my newest hauls!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPyWHGNI6mA

All the best,
Oldphan
Awesome swag of stuff as always Oldphan.
SonEric84 wrote:That Bulma is awesome, Snail. I was going to pre-order her and the Chi-Chi one, but I had to choose between them and the One Piece crossover figures at the time.
Thanks! I'm certain that you made the right choice to pick up the One Piece crossover figures first, since those things sell like hot cakes and go out of stock fast! On the flip side, I'd recommend that you pick up the Pichi Pichi Gal figures a.s.a.p. I'm under the impression that interest on those sweeties are swirling around quickly, and they'll be out of stock on most sites soon as well.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Snail wrote:Thanks! I'm certain that you made the right choice to pick up the One Piece crossover figures first, since those things sell like hot cakes and go out of stock fast! On the flip side, I'd recommend that you pick up the Pichi Pichi Gal figures a.s.a.p. I'm under the impression that interest on those sweeties are swirling around quickly, and they'll be out of stock on most sites soon as well.

Yeah, it seems like most of them go out of stock/production pretty quickly. Already missed out on some good stuff in the past like that. Damn not having enough money to go around to support my addiction. :P
Trans rights, now!

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:41 am

Usually I don't buy dub-only DVDs, but I just had to buy....

Dragon Ball Z movie 3 AB version ((also known as "Big Green Dub"))

The voices, the lines... :roll: You have to buy one if you find it for the sake of a good laugh
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:14 am

I'm seriously debating purchasing one of these off the Funi site. It's the postage that is going to sting me ($10) ouch.

[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Krakabeast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Krakabeast » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 pm

ImageImage

I just bought this sexy bitch.

.....Ah how I love plastic prostitution.
Gohan: At least he doesn't have his sword out anymore.
Kuririn: Yeah, and your dad put his finger away too.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote: Image
Is that a Dragon Ball Micro Skin? :shock:

I just picked up GT Season 2. I finished watching it last night. It's pretty enjoyable. I liked the shadow dragon saga, but I hated the super 17 saga (with the exception of the Krillin and 18 segments).
Overall, I liked the first half of GT much much better. I didn't like the ending at all.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Krakabeast wrote:*bulma*

I've only seen that figure on ebay, and they were charging like $99.00. Where did you find her?
Trans rights, now!

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:14 pm

I really, really, want that medicom Goku, and I know somewhere where I can get it, but I am really afraid of it disintegrating.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:Is that a Dragon Ball Micro Skin? :shock:
Nah, it's just one of the stock ones Nintendo gives you. Sorry, it just matches the Gachapons so well.

For the first time ever I've seen Bandai's New DragonBall toys in stores in Canada (at Zellers of all places, Toys"R"Us didn't have any...). Picked up Vegetto, and both quick changing version of Goku and Vegeta. The Vegetto cost $8. The Goku and Vegeta $12. I think I may buy the rest just to build Parunga.

SJ USA had a DragonBall CCG promo card included (also had an add for a DragonBall Evolution Posterzine).

Got UB22 for just above $3 with taxes and EDGE card. Works fine.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Krakabeast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Krakabeast » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 pm

SonEric84 wrote:

I've only seen that figure on ebay, and they were charging like $99.00. Where did you find her?
Ebay for $65 with of course the massive $25 shipping, but I was willing to spend it. Bulma will forever symbolize my financial debt. :lol:

WorldChampion

Post by WorldChampion » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 pm

DragonBall Z individual discs, volumes #19 - #28.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Krakabeast wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:

Ebay for $65 with of course the massive $25 shipping, but I was willing to spend it. Bulma will forever symbolize my financial debt. :lol:

haha It's alright, I've done the same thing before. I would like to get that one some day though.
Trans rights, now!

Krakabeast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Krakabeast » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:25 am

SonEric84 wrote:
Krakabeast wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:

haha It's alright, I've done the same thing before. I would like to get that one some day though.
In reality, I'm paying about $200 for it since I used my debit card even though I do not have money in the bank, so the bank is charging me multiple fees. They took $60 away from me already and I still owe them $130. I knew that I had no money when I bought it, but I just had to have it since it is extremely rare now. I might as well keep spending their money before they shut down my account. I am a menace to the economy!

Snail

Post by Snail » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:01 am

That's terrible. :lol:

Erm..kudos for taking the extra mile in obtaining the figure though I suppose?