Official "I Have Budokai 3 And Love It" Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:03 pm

I don't believe I have, but I guess there IS an unconcious reason I never use memory cards when playing demos!

I'd be willing to try that Bulma game enhancer cheat code, but I don't have the game yet. Once I do, I will try.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:14 am

Are there any screenshots of Bulma fighting out yet?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:40 am

Actually, If you go to training and get to the 11th training mission you will see Bulma as the person you have to fight, but...she dosen't do anything but talk, but still you get to see what she looks like as a fighter in battle mode.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:01 am

Chuquita wrote:Are there any screenshots of Bulma fighting out yet?
I'm starting to believe she's not an actual playable character at all, or that they intended for her to be, but never implemented it. Once you've unlocked enough fighters in DU, you see a "CONGRATULATIONS!" sign, that shows every character in the game, and Bulma's not there.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:32 pm

I just rented it. :D Playing Dragon Universe now, after doing training and duel modes (wanted to try out Bardock). Love it so far.

How do you get the Dragon Balls?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:36 pm

There are two ways to find the DragonBalls in DU.

You'll notice that as you fly around, you'll occasionally see the "???" pop-up in the upper-right corner (represented by a sparkling white glowing thing down on the ground). These "???" are a variety of things; sometimes they're capsules, sometimes they're hidden fights, sometimes they're DragonBalls. Sometimes they're also the Dragon Radar, which is helpful.

If you get the Dragon Radar, pressing "Triangle" again will switch the map to the Dragon Radar. When you fly around, you'll see nice giant orange circles on the Radar, which represent where the DBs are hidden. They'll still show up as "???" up in the right, but it's kinda like a double-way to find them.

I've got a pretty decent technique for making sure I find everything.

Whenever you get to a new map (like, after finishing a new saga) I fly up to the top-most upper-left. I fly straight east until I loop around the map, then turn slightly to knock myself down a few pixels. Fly straight east again. Loop down a few pixels. Fly straight east. Wash, rinse, repeat, until you've made your way down from the top to the very bottom right. You'll have hit almost everything on the way (sometimes just happening to miss a few things; nothing random flying around won't catch).

Hope that makes sense...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:19 pm

I do not like the way Dragon Radar works. It should overlay the locations of the DBs on the map... I've only managed to collect them all twice. Once on Teen Gohan and once on Goku. I also don't like the P+K+G+E to much for Ultimates but I can deal. I also don't like the new stamina and button pushing for the ultimates (prefer the way B2 did it).

Other than that, I'm loving the game. I've only played through for the 3 Gohan's, Goku, Yamcha, and Tien's. So much work to do still. *sigh*
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:14 am

also don't like the P+K+G+E to much for Ultimates but I can deal. I also don't like the new stamina and button pushing for the ultimates (prefer the way B2 did it).

Well you could just press R2 to transform, and L2 for those ultimate attacks.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:25 am

Rotating the thumbstick in Budokai 2 gave my palm blisters. It's the only game that's given me blisters, no matter how hard I play...

I'd much rather button mash.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:33 am

Charging up attacks has always been pretty simple... simply twirl the sticks while mashing the buttons.

Power struggles are a lot harder to pull off, though.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:33 pm

ANOTHER DELAY! If they can't get the release dates right, why bother!
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

Cbot

Post by Cbot » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:04 pm

I got Budokai 3 and I like it a lot!The only sad thing is my PS2 is broke. :twisted: But I played it at my friend house and I unlocked Dragon Arena. :)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:10 pm

Is it just me, or does the password system feel like just a cop-out for not having an online mode.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:31 pm

Well, atleast Dimps tried. I doubt they could've created any kind of decent online mode, with the time restraints they already had. The game was barely half finished as it was...

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:47 pm

I noticed that DBZ Saga's isn't going to have an online mode either, and thats a shame given the type of game it's supposed to be.

I'm wondering if it's more an Atari decision than anything, I.E. they figure a lot of younger kids will be playing this and as a result are concerned about including online play.

Wouldn't shock me anyway.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:09 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
also don't like the P+K+G+E to much for Ultimates but I can deal. I also don't like the new stamina and button pushing for the ultimates (prefer the way B2 did it).

Well you could just press R2 to transform, and L2 for those ultimate attacks.
I do use them. What I don't like is pushin a single button to trigger the ultimate, I liked the comobs. I also don't like the timing for winning (or that if you tie the computer always wins). Twirling or button combos was much better IMO.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

ChibiKenji
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ChibiKenji » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:05 am

While I don't have the game yet, I played it for the better part of two days over the weekend at a friend's house, and I must say: I'm very impressed. The teleporting's great, and the new sword/nyoibo attacks are very cool. After having a good long play of it, I don't think I could play B2 again. I'll have to hurry up and get my own copy.

We did come across a glitch, though. Occasionally while selecting Chibi Goku (we were doing the mandatory Goku vs Piccolo, Super Dragon Fist re-enactment ^.^; ), the game will act as if it was adult Goku that were selected. At first I thought I was just going insane, or had accidently chosen adult Goku and not noticed due to lack of sleep. However, after some re-testing, we found that neither of those scenarios were the case.

Whether that's only in the Australian/PAL version or not I'm unsure, but it definitely had us boggled for some time at first.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:28 pm

From what I understand reading various posts at Gamefaqs, the PAL version has a lot of glitches in it unique to it (sometimes even with uniforms), I do think a corrected disc is being printed though I'm not sure how a copy is to be obtained.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:45 pm

I just discovered something cool.

And by discovered I mean heard on another forum, tried it for myself, and now taking credit. :P

You can get battle-damaged versions of Vegeta's Saiyan armor once he transforms into Majin, looks pretty sharp too.

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:15 pm

The problem with Majin being you have to get the snot kicked outta you to actually use it :D and then your ultimate beats the hell outta yourself (or at least in 2 it did and I'm assuming the same here. Only just finished Gokus DU, forgetting to destroy Buu with SB and transformed to SSJ3 and Dragon Fisted him, crap, so only just unlocked Vegita)...wow Vegeta really doesn't like himself. Might need some counselling for that.

Was surprised when going through the DU to notice that a some of the fights harp back to the Budokai 1 phase of "These are your moves, like it or lump it!!!". Teen Gohan vs Cell is one, Goku has a couple. They make it a bit more challenging as you no longer have that health bar boosting item, or the vest, OR THE FRIGGING SPIRIT BOMB!! :( Not having the Spirit Bomb/Dragon Fist vs Fat Buu makes Boomer unhappy. Still could always pull off a Dragon Rush do do about 2000 damage with the Warping Kamehameha.....if only I wasn't so predictable when Dragon Rushing..
I am Darkness Beyond Blackest Pitch
Deeper than the Deepest Night
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos
I am The Lord of Nightmares