Dragonball Kai Music Thread

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragonball Kai Music Thread

Post by Jurik » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:26 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
NOTE: I'll put this here so that I don't have to say it after each episode: part A of the eye catch is an instrumental variation of Dragon Soul and part B is an instrumental variation of Yeah! Break! Care! Break!; which has never happened with any Dragonball series yet.
Hi Rambo, the B part of the Eyecatch is a variation of Dragon Soul too, the B part is the chorus "Dokkan Dokkan" check it. :wink:

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Kai Music Thread

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Jurik wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:NOTE: I'll put this here so that I don't have to say it after each episode: part A of the eye catch is an instrumental variation of Dragon Soul and part B is an instrumental variation of Yeah! Break! Care! Break!; which has never happened with any Dragonball series yet.
Hi Rambo, the B part of the Eyecatch is a variation of Dragon Soul too, the B part is the chorus "Dokkan Dokkan" check it. :wink:
*Checks*

Aw, you are most definitely right! Thank you for spotting that; I don't know how I got that tune mixed up... Thanks.

First post updated.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Rambo, Kei has provided a clip of the recycled song I was referring to: http://www.4shared.com/file/97162216/96 ... ed_C_.html
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 pm

bkev wrote:Rambo, Kei has provided a clip of the recycled song I was referring to: http://www.4shared.com/file/97162216/96 ... ed_C_.html
Yeah, I do really hear a resemblance. Thank you bkev and kei17, I'll note this in the first post. It'll be fun (once Kai is done, or when I get a new external hard-drive) to go through my gigabytes and gigabytes of Yamamoto's video game music and try and find all of the similar pieces I can.

Dan93

Post by Dan93 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:23 am

Here is some of The BGM I've ripped so far

Dragon Soul karaoke

http://www.4shared.com/file/97583275/c5 ... raoke.html

Goku recap bgm

http://www.4shared.com/file/97583589/4e ... flvAT.html

Sponcer bgm
http://www.4shared.com/file/97583598/20 ... gmflv.html

Yeah break,care break karaoke
http://www.4shared.com/file/97583666/42 ... flvAT.html

Until the cd comes out,enjoy.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm

OK, so I still have yet for the new BGM to grow on me, but I finally enjoy the opening and ending themes. OK, correction: I LOVE THEM TO DEATH. I'm totally addicted! Not only the music, but the breathtakingly gorgeous digital animation. I keep hitting up YouTube for the video, over and over.

My favorite part of the Dragon Soul animation is 0:41-0:49, when Goku is shown self-training at Mt. Paozu, and then sparring with Gohan as the DragonBalls fly past one by one. The way the rhythm of the music works in harmony with the visuals there is simply BRILLIANT. Man do I want to learn how to animate like that. The whole thing is so inspiring to me, it's like getting a second chance at life itself.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:29 am

Dan93 wrote:Here is some of The BGM I've ripped so far...
Cool, thank you very much. I should really start re-watching episode one just to listen to the music...

Dan93

Post by Dan93 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 am

I'm glad you liked them,there not the best quality but there is still time to work on them as more episodes come out.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:28 pm

DBK_BGM_001 ~Bardock Special Recap~
Another version of this one's been played in the begging of the ep.2. :)

Edit: BGM ripped
http://www.4shared.com/file/98039673/95 ... m_cc2.html

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:52 pm

I added one more piece I missed in episode 1, the very first piece that plays when the first Dragonball Kai logo comes across the screen... :oops:

Oh well, right now I'm ripping the audio from episode 1 and isolating the BGM parts so that I can document what was new and what was recycled for episode 2.
kei17 wrote:
DBK_BGM_001 ~Bardock Special Recap~
Another version of this one's been played in the begging of the ep.2. :)

Edit: BGM ripped
http://www.4shared.com/file/98039673/95 ... m_cc2.html
Thank you very, very much. By the way kei17, did you get my PM?

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:01 pm

So, I'm really liking "DBK_BGM_006 ~Raditz Meets Piccolo~." But that brings a up a question for me. This may be a bit of a stretch, but when could expect actual names or conformation on a CD of these BGM tracks?
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:So, I'm really liking "DBK_BGM_006 ~Raditz Meets Piccolo~." But that brings a up a question for me. This may be a bit of a stretch, but when could expect actual names or conformation on a CD of these BGM tracks?
Probably not until the series is done airing.

And as for "names", do you mean the name of the CD or the name of the tracks?

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:29 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:So, I'm really liking "DBK_BGM_006 ~Raditz Meets Piccolo~." But that brings a up a question for me. This may be a bit of a stretch, but when could expect actual names or conformation on a CD of these BGM tracks?

Name of the tracks.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:

Name of the tracks.
Track listings generally start showing up shortly after the CD's start appearing on retail site, but the I never really care too much about the track listings for the BGM collections, here's why:

Since a majority of the BGM pieces used in an anime are so short (about 40 seconds seemed to be the average for DB and DBZ), they usually include about 4 BGM pieces in one CD track. So a track named "A New Hero is Born" wouldn't really be a song named "A New Hero is Born", it would be a group of 4 songs, played in succession with a them that fits the title.

So for each individual piece as it was used in the series, the identification system is usually something like "d4:12(b)" [fourth disc, twelfth track, second piece].

For people like me who enjoy listening to all of the music and identifying it based on the episode or movie it was used in, this system of disc/track/piece identification works, but I personally like to take those tracks and make each BGM piece it's own separate 40 second song and rename it to something that fits its first usage.

Does this make sense? If not, I can explain it a little better.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:06 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Track listings generally start showing up shortly after the CD's start appearing on retail site, but the I never really care too much about the track listings for the BGM collections, here's why:

Since a majority of the BGM pieces used in an anime are so short (about 40 seconds seemed to be the average for DB and DBZ), they usually include about 4 BGM pieces in one CD track. So a track named "A New Hero is Born" wouldn't really be a song named "A New Hero is Born", it would be a group of 4 songs, played in succession with a them that fits the title.

So for each individual piece as it was used in the series, the identification system is usually something like "d4:12(b)" [fourth disc, twelfth track, second piece].

For people like me who enjoy listening to all of the music and identifying it based on the episode or movie it was used in, this system of disc/track/piece identification works, but I personally like to take those tracks and make each BGM piece it's own separate 40 second song and rename it to something that fits its first usage.

That makes sense. So I guess the next question would be...are you currently making the tracks yourself? If so, are you distributing these BGMs? Those are the only questions I have.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:Track listings generally start showing up shortly after the CD's start appearing on retail site, but the I never really care too much about the track listings for the BGM collections, here's why:

That makes sense. So I guess the next question would be...are you currently making the tracks yourself? If so, are you distributing these BGMs? Those are the only questions I have.
For Kai, right now all that I am doing is ripping the BGM pieces straight from the episodes, with the voices and sound effects in tact. If people start requesting them, I'll release them. My personal goal is to own all of the BGM from all of the anime shows/movies/other specials as well as from all of the video games... and as many of the commercials as possible; so I'm always working to get all of the unreleased stuff in as high quality as possible, and figure out the most economic way to obtain all of the music released on CD while buying as few repeat tracks as possible.

If you want to help me in my quest for total music, or feel like you have something to contribute, I'm always listening!! Right now, I'm just trying to keep up with Kai.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:28 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:For Kai, right now all that I am doing is ripping the BGM pieces straight from the episodes, with the voices and sound effects in tact. If people start requesting them, I'll release them. My personal goal is to own all of the BGM from all of the anime shows/movies/other specials as well as from all of the video games... and as many of the commercials as possible; so I'm always working to get all of the unreleased stuff in as high quality as possible, and figure out the most economic way to obtain all of the music released on CD while buying as few repeat tracks as possible.

If you want to help me in my quest for total music, or feel like you have something to contribute, I'm always listening!! Right now, I'm just trying to keep up with Kai.
I'd love to help! I'm not well versed in these ways, but I can uses audacity and I'm willing to purchase any program to help in your cause. I just bought Pinnacle Studios Plus 10, so I can start making AMVs and help you and everyone else in there endeavors.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Alright, I finally finished ripping all of the BGM from the first episode (sounds effects and voices included). For the rest of the episodes, I will only be ripping the new pieces, but if someone wants a specific rip, because let's say it's during a dramatic speech by your favorite character, I'll gladly do it for you.

If anyone wants me to put up any of the pieces for download, I will, but now I've just got to start memorizing the pieces so that I can document the BGM in episode 2!!
Forgotten Hero wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:For Kai, right now all that I am doing is ripping the BGM pieces straight from the episodes, with the voices and sound effects in tact. If people start requesting them, I'll release them. My personal goal is to own all of the BGM from all of the anime shows/movies/other specials as well as from all of the video games... and as many of the commercials as possible; so I'm always working to get all of the unreleased stuff in as high quality as possible, and figure out the most economic way to obtain all of the music released on CD while buying as few repeat tracks as possible.

I'd love to help! I'm not well versed in these ways, but I can uses audacity and I'm willing to purchase any program to help in your cause. I just bought Pinnacle Studios Plus 10, so I can start making AMVs and help you and everyone else in there endeavors.
Awesome!! Another partner in crime (but not literally, I stick to the unreleased BGM and keep it legal). I'll shoot you a PM soon and we'll get something going!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:35 pm

Aye aye captain! I have both the Kai episodes in best quality. I could start cutting the audio with Audacity for episode 2, hmm?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:Aye aye captain! I have both the Kai episodes in best quality. I could start cutting the audio with Audacity for episode 2, hmm?
Do you mean cutting out the music and then removing the voices and sound FX? If so, than please go right ahead!! But I don't mind ripping the music w/ voices and sound FX myself, since it helps me memorize the music and where it's played, so I'll most likely be doing that myself for the whole series no matter what.