Dragonball Kai Music Thread

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:22 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:Aye aye captain! I have both the Kai episodes in best quality. I could start cutting the audio with Audacity for episode 2, hmm?
Do you mean cutting out the music and then removing the voices and sound FX? If so, than please go right ahead!! But I don't mind ripping the music w/ voices and sound FX myself, since it helps me memorize the music and where it's played, so I'll most likely be doing that myself for the whole series no matter what.
I could remove voices and sound FX, but how? What do you use to do that sort of thing?
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:Aye aye captain! I have both the Kai episodes in best quality. I could start cutting the audio with Audacity for episode 2, hmm?
Do you mean cutting out the music and then removing the voices and sound FX? If so, than please go right ahead!! But I don't mind ripping the music w/ voices and sound FX myself, since it helps me memorize the music and where it's played, so I'll most likely be doing that myself for the whole series no matter what.
I could remove voices and sound FX, but how? What do you use to do that sort of thing?
I'm not totally sure. I haven't gotten that far in my mastery of music and digital audio. I know there's lots of good software out there, and a couple of people here on this forum that could probably give you the answer you're looking for.

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi, trying to find the notes for Yeah! Break! Care! Break! chorus, I made this midi :P

It isn't prefect but I think is fine, well, hope you like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=57f0 ... f6e8ebb871

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:37 pm

Jurik wrote:Hi, trying to find the notes for Yeah! Break! Care! Break! chorus, I made this midi :P

It isn't prefect but I think is fine, well, hope you like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=57f0 ... f6e8ebb871
Cool! Thanks for the MIDI. By the way, I added the BGM for episode 2 (19 Individual Pieces / 13 Recycled Pieces) to the first post.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:I'm not totally sure. I haven't gotten that far in my mastery of music and digital audio. I know there's lots of good software out there, and a couple of people here on this forum that could probably give you the answer you're looking for.
"I'm on it." - Samir Duran (StarCraft: Brood War)

Budokai23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Budokai23 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:35 pm

I like the music in Kai. Though sometimes I think it's repetitive and kinda sounds like something from Pokemon.
Aka gtadbzman.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 pm

I've noticed some things about two of the BGM pieces from the new score:

Does anyone else hear a similarity between the Piccolo meets Raditz theme from episode one (Goku and Piccolo theme from the end of episode two) [DBK_BGM_006] and the SSj3 Goku/Gogeta theme from the FUNi dub of DBZ movie 12? Here's the clip of the SSj3 Goku/Gogeta theme, and here's the chorus line looped.

And...

I enjoyed this episode. The music was really good.[/quote]
Yeah, I also really like this piece (DBK_BGM_018 in my documentation). It really sounds like something from Keiju Ishikawa (the composer who did the BGM for the Gaiden OVA); anyone else see the resemblance?

Not only this, but these two pieces do sound pretty similar on their own; and are probably variations of each other.
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Hey sorry guys! I've been busy with life and I'm a bit out of the loop with Dragonball in general. I will start getting the BGMs for Kai episode 3 today, and perhaps have them completed tonight or Wednesday night. Again, I apologize and I dropped the ball.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 pm

Got the BGM for episode three up (22 Individual Pieces / 20 Recycled Pieces)!
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:26 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Got the documentation up for episode three (22 Individual Pieces / 20 Recycled Pieces)!

PS: Does anyone even care? Really.

@ Forgotten Hero: Awesome! No hurry, but I can't wait. And no problem about how fast your getting them out.
I CARE!!! :P
Thank you sir! :wink:

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Rambo:

Don't worry if it seems like people aren't paying attention. Keep chugging along - more people will appreciate your work when Kai gets further on and its music becomes fully ingrained into their psyches. I think it's very admirable that you know the pieces by now well enough to recognize the repeats. Whenever I start a BGM documentation for a new series (DragonBall isn't the only one), I always find it awfully overwhelming having to memorize everything, especially when they throw alternates at me, where the difference is so subtle that I wind up incorrectly identifying it through several episodes before I pick up on it, and have to go back and correct all the mistakes.
It's just the cross BGM fans of ANY anime have to bear. The music forum is terribly overlooked as it is, and threads about the *instrumental* music are even more scarce (it's usually dominated by threads about the vocal songs, which get way too much attention already if you ask me; and threads about music from the video games, which I don't follow and therefore don't really care about. So you can understand my personal frustration, as I understand yours).
Budokai23 wrote:I like the music in Kai. Though sometimes I think it's repetitive and kinda sounds like something from Pokemon.
What, pray tell, is wrong with Pokemon music?
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:52 am

kenisu3000 wrote:
Budokai23 wrote:I like the music in Kai. Though sometimes I think it's repetitive and kinda sounds like something from Pokemon.
What, pray tell, is wrong with Pokemon music?
Well I can't speak for Budokai23, sometimes the dub score is a bit blah, especially in 4Kids's later seasons. As for the original Japanese score though, it's consistantly great IMO, other than when they were constantly using "Pokémon Symphonic Medley" innapropriately. :P

Anyway, Rambo, I'm LOVING your Kai music info.

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi Rambo, I though there's a mistake on the episode 03 bgm

DBK_BGM_016 ~Raditz and Vegeta~

DBK_BGM_012 ~Raditz and Vegeta (contd.)~

Isn't it Nappa and Vegeta? :wink:

DBK_BGM_016 ~Nappa and Vegeta~

DBK_BGM_012 ~Nappa and Vegeta (contd.)~

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:28 am

Jurik wrote:Hi Rambo, I though there's a mistake on the episode 03 bgm

DBK_BGM_016 ~Raditz and Vegeta~

DBK_BGM_012 ~Raditz and Vegeta (contd.)~

Isn't it Nappa and Vegeta? :wink:

DBK_BGM_016 ~Nappa and Vegeta~

DBK_BGM_012 ~Nappa and Vegeta (contd.)~
Ah yes. My mistake; working on low sleep isn't always the best way to do things. Thank you very much for pointing this out!!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:10 am

Hey, while getting DBK episode 3 BGM's done, I found this little BGM but it wasn't listed on SSj_Rambo's BGM list. What is it?
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=26f1 ... f6e8ebb871

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:18 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:Hey, while getting DBK episode 3 BGM's done, I found this little BGM but it wasn't listed on SSj_Rambo's BGM list. What is it?
Well, it seems to be a piece that I missed. I haven't gotten around to doing my double-checking of episode 3 (since I usually double-check as I'm doing the next episode, and I'm in the middle of aquiring the audio for episode 4), but since that piece is so short, I might have missed it again, so thanks for pointing it out and supplying me with a nice handy .mp3 version!! Many thanks! :D

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:25 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:Hey, while getting DBK episode 3 BGM's done, I found this little BGM but it wasn't listed on SSj_Rambo's BGM list. What is it?
Well, it seems to be a piece that I missed. I haven't gotten around to doing my double-checking of episode 3 (since I usually double-check as I'm doing the next episode, and I'm in the middle of aquiring the audio for episode 4), but since that piece is so short, I might have missed it again, so thanks for pointing it out and supplying me with a nice handy .mp3 version!! Many thanks! :D
No sweat! What would the name be? If I know, then I can include it in the torrent.
Episode 4 will be out tomorrow, and I plan on crunching through the episode's BGMs tomorrow.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:
No sweat! What would the name be? If I know, then I can include it in the torrent.
Episode 4 will be out tomorrow, and I plan on crunching through the episode's BGMs tomorrow.
The title is "DBK_BGM_19 ~"Has Anyone Seen My Arm? It's Green!"~"

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 am

SSj_Rambo wrote: The title is "DBK_BGM_19 ~"Has Anyone Seen My Arm? It's Green!"~"
Awesome! Just a few clean ups, and it'll be a go.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 am

Dragonball Kai Episode 3 BGM Track
Did & Didn't
~ Made MP3's of all the different BGM's in DBK 3
~ I did not make MP3's for...
-DBK_BGM_Kai ~The First Kai Promo Image~
-DBK_BGM_DSoul ~First Opening~
-DBK_BGM_CreditA ~The Sponsor Credits (beginning)~
-DBK_BGM_Break ~First Ending~
-DBK_BGM_CreditB ~The Sponsor Credits (end)~
...because they are all generic, do not have any difference (so far) from any other episode, and the MP3's are available in this thread. By the way, Dragon Soul is on sale, thus I will not provide it.