We've all heard Porta's Dragon Ball rap... now....

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:50 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Pain wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:I thought it was OK. The tune reminded me a lot of "It's a Fight" by Three 6 Mafia. It's nice to see the show get attention from musical artists outside of Asia though!
Yung Jeezy sampled Paikkuhan's theme (FUNi Theme Music) in one of his songs. Anyone know the name of the song?
Seriously?! I'm looking for it right now!!
Yeah, I remember hearing it once, on the radio. It was also brought up in another thread, a while back(Last Year...).
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Pain wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:
Pain wrote: Yung Jeezy sampled Paikkuhan's theme (FUNi Theme Music) in one of his songs. Anyone know the name of the song?
Seriously?! I'm looking for it right now!!
Yeah, I remember hearing it once, on the radio. It was also brought up in another thread, a while back(Last Year...).
It was sampled in his song U Know What it Is (Pikkon's theme). Has he ever acknowledged or commented on it? And was this one of the pieces Scott Morgan worked on?

Pain

Post by Pain » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Well I guess the fans know where the sample's from:

1."DBZ Pikkon's Theme Hell Yeah!!!!!!Young Jeezy is fucking Awesome Best Sample Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2."lol DBZ sample"
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:36 am

Chrono Trigger wrote:
SonGokuGT wrote:It will be when FUNi releases it stateside.
Oh give FUNi some credit will ya! They might still do stupid shit from time to time but they've improved vastly over the years. Did you ever think there would be a day when a fan would hope Funimation got a hold on an anime to dub? I'd bet you the farm the next time they dub anything Z related be it the new special or KAI they'll use the original music. Hell they might make an English Head-Cha-La.
... He was joking, you do know that?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:23 am

Yes I do know he was just kidding. I wasn't trying to come at him seriously. I was just saying....(and I really hope he didn't take it that way cause I truly wasn't)
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:
Chrono Trigger wrote:Lupe would probably do a better job though.
God yes. Lupe is like, the second nerdiest rapper out there, (Behind Charles Hamilton, of course.) so a Dragonball song from him would probably be awesome.
Lupe is also the man, his next cd needs a dbz song. u just made me decide that.

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:09 pm

THIS IS HILARIOUS. I love this. more then i should. I love fanboys and the internet. its the best combination ever. I wanna hear a dbz metal song to match this too, oh wait theres the freeza song. ...man this song kamehameha AH! stronger then ALL OF US. man..i won't get that out of my head. but a wide scope of musical genres doing dragonball fan songs would be awesome. I wanna make a cd now using them.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 am

Aw man, I can't unhear it! Honestly, though, you gotta love how the internet gives rise to stuff like this. It's just so... differently awesome.

And wow, I had no idea about that Paikuhan sample. The world just got a bit stranger...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

And I Shine in the light like nappa said.

Post by TheAmericanDream » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:11 am

I kinda wanna know who this was by, It just kinda came outta nowhere and barely has any hits. Disgustingly catchy is a good way to describe this, like a lot of recent top 40 stuff I hate it at first but the more I hear of it, gets catchy and more likeable. I think the one trunks dub line is my favorite part of this though.

I'd honestly be interested in hearing a whole album in different genre's about different characters and arcs, kinda like what was done with the first 2 sonic Adventure games. I'd be even just cool to hear some remixes of the instrumental themes sorta like OCremix stuff of dragonball music, there isn't too much fan created music in the DB fandom that I know of, I think it has some explorable potential.

"with this finish buster I will finish busters"

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 am

this needs to be the season 2 opening for DBZ Abridged.
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan