Kai Episode 4 (26 April 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Of course, the puke colors better fit Vegeta's character.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:50 pm

B wrote:
ShinRogafuken wrote:For instance, in my opinion, Vegeta's armor corrected but not Nappa's is worse than both of them being wrong.
While I find this opinion stupid, I will defend to the death your right to have that opinion, my good man.

Two characters with incorrect colors = 100% wrong
One character with incorrect colors = 50% wrong

According to math, it's not worse.
At least 2 incorrect colors is more consistent. Its like having Vegeta when he goes Super Saiyan to have red hair but when Goku does Super Saiyan he has blonde/gold.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Here's that piece from the end of the episode that sounds amazingly similar to the Rocky theme: http://www.4shared.com/file/101778638/2 ... Rocky.html

The cool thing is that it sounds like this piece has been chopped up a bit in the middle, so hopefully there is a longer version out there that we will see included in a CD release!

Side Note: I noticed that a piece from episode three has a very similar bass beat to one of Kenji Yamamoto's songs from DBZ...

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:05 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:Not to sound like your classical youtuber, but "just shut up and enjoy show!"
I honestly don't see why people are so turned off by Kai. Sure it has it's flaws, but so does the original. I just can't see what exactly is really turning people off by it, so please explain.
What turns people off in my opinion is that when a show gets reworked, without being a complete different retelling or adaptation, there is a chance to take out just the bad parts of the original and leave just the good parts.

I think that it is quite obvious that when we found out they were not planning to reanime the entire show, we just expected to get a better version of Z, with better image quality, a few new special effects, new soundtrack, virtually no filler and pretty close to the manga, and we would be satisfied.

Instead, we get tons of censorship (kai has more censorship so far than the french and portuguese dubs of dragonball z), inconsistencies, poorly animated frames and the removal of several lines and moments that were present in the manga and in dbz (I mean, I dont mind a fast paced show, but kai seems too fast at times... And there is no need. There are so many moments and episodes up ahead that they can simply cut away because they are filler, that there is no need to put such a fast pace in these episodes. Faster than DBZ yes, but not so fast that its over in no time).

And thats why people get frustated.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:13 pm

I don't get why people get so worked up over censorship, I mean, sure sometimes it sucks (YippekKi yay mother*gunshot*) but it's not that bad

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Fuji TV updated their DBK page with a new sreenshot and summary:
サイヤ人の襲来に備え、ピッコロは荒野で悟飯の修行を開始。悟飯は恐竜に襲われたピンチで潜在能力を覚醒させる。

亀仙人から悟空と悟飯の行方を聞き、チチは失神!! その頃、ひとりぼっちの悟飯は家を想い、夜空をを見つめていた…。明るい満月に照らされ、悟飯の体はある異変を起こす!!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:17 pm

I don't see how filler can be inconsistently cut? I think that's a matter of preference. On the side of restoration, I can understand the complaints of a somewhat lazy process, but that alone of won't turn me off to Kai. When it comes to the music, I'm in the minority, but Yamamoto's BGM's are great. So fucking what if it sounds similar to something, it works for me. Censorship on Kai was a bit sad, but that's how Japanese tv works now. The only thing that has somewhat bothered me was when Raditz was suppose to spit blood. The blood cut out doesn't bother me as much as Raditz making spit motions and nothing comes out.
Now for watching the show live; I couldn't agree with you more. TV Ants sucks, and Key Hole let me down yesterday (it had been so good.). I still can't believe that I missed that much material. This was Key Hole's first failure for me, but if it does it again; I'm just gonna wait for a torrent.
Small things may bother all of you, but not me. So if you wanna bitch and moan, fine, but then don't watch it. If you don't like, don't support it by actually watching it.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:Small things may bother all of you, but not me. So if you wanna bitch and moan, fine, but then don't watch it. If you don't like, don't support it by actually watching it.
Or maybe small things to you are bigger things to other people? Perhaps your scale of what is and isn't a major deal in terms of Dragon Ball aren't the unilateral and objective views of the Universe.

Some people don't like the Dragon Ball Season Sets, some do. Some like the anime, some prefer the manga, some love or hate GT. We could not "bitch and moan", and section things off accordingly. But then we'd have to call it the "Supporters of DragonBall Kai communal masturbation board", not the "DragonBall Kai Discussion Board".

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:Small things may bother all of you, but not me. So if you wanna bitch and moan, fine, but then don't watch it. If you don't like, don't support it by actually watching it.
Or maybe small things to you are bigger things to other people? Perhaps your scale of what is and isn't a major deal in terms of Dragon Ball aren't the unilateral and objective views of the Universe.

Some people don't like the Dragon Ball Season Sets, some do. Some like the anime, some prefer the manga, some love or hate GT. We could not "bitch and moan", and section things off accordingly. But then we'd have to call it the "Supporters of DragonBall Kai communal masturbation board", not the "DragonBall Kai Discussion Board".
You just won THE GAME with that statement.

Thank you. Thank you so very much.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:08 pm

You completely missed my point. I don't care what you think about Kai, or anything for that matter. The point is people are complaining over the same thing over and over again. We get it, you beat the dead horse already. It's over, get over it, and move on with it already. You have already proved your point.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:

You completely missed my point. I don't care what you think about Kai, or anything for that matter. The point is people are complaining over the same thing over and over again. We get it, you beat the dead horse already. It's over, get over it, and move on with it already. You have already proved your point.
Playing devil's advocate because sides are for losers, there is the possibility their minor complaints could escalate as Kai goes on. Censorship getting tighter, more useless back ground junk being gone, etc.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:16 pm

B wrote:Playing devil's advocate because sides are for losers, there is the possibility their minor complaints could escalate as Kai goes on. Censorship getting tighter, more useless back ground junk being gone, etc.
I can agree to that. A big thing that could probably be the boredom with it. Wasted Wisher said Goku will be beating on Nappa in episode twelve, and we're on episode five next week. I have a feeling I'll be bored with Kai for about a month. We'll see if that adds to loss of interest.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Every complaint I've seen for Kai has had /some/ form of validity, but not enough to where we've got people going on about how they're not watching anymore.

The only one that makes the most sense for that is "not enough changes, same crap."
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:... Goku will be beating on Nappa in episode twelve, and we're on episode five next week.
:shock: Filler scenes will make a mass return I presume.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:... Goku will be beating on Nappa in episode twelve, and we're on episode five next week.
:shock: Filler scenes will make a mass return I presume.
You need about three/four episodes to cover all the Saibaman/Nappa stuff with the Z Senshi anyway. That leaves enough time to fit in relevant training scenes.

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:43 pm

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:25 pm

Rod wrote:I don't get why people get so worked up over censorship, I mean, sure sometimes it sucks (YippekKi yay mother*gunshot*) but it's not that bad
First time I saw Dragon Ball it was the Portuguese version.

It was great but it had a lot of censorship (much more than the american I guarantee), especially in the Freeza saga and it was very, very noticeable. Even the kids watching it knew right away when something was cut or censored.

So I always really hated the censorship in DB and to see a japanese retelling with even more censorship than the portuguese version (at least so far. The fight with Raditz was pretty much uncensored in the Portuguese version. There were a lot of inconsistencies about what would be censored and what woudn`t)... It feels wrong. I dont mind a few and small things like Viz does in the manga, but what Kai is doing it just feels wrong.

If the show was being totally reanimated I would be fine with it, but this... :roll:

All the other negative points about Kai I`ve already stated in my previous post.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:32 pm

rereboy wrote:If the show was being totally reanimated I would be fine with it, but this...
This, I don't get. How does new animation make censorship any better or worse?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Well it wouldn't be censorship if you were creating something new, it would be an absence of anything obscene. Of course, one can argue that Kai is a new thing, therefore it's not censorship.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm not tired of it (yet?) mostly because its a only about 20 minutes a week; so its not like I'm deluged with episodes. I watch it and get nostalgia for Ocean/Toonami, so that's nice. Plus I'm still really curious as to what's going to happen once they hit full, filler-episode land. I still think the blood-censorship is ridiculous, but nothing I can do about that. I don't really care as to the fate of child-Goku and child-Gohan's reproductive organs, but I do find it bizarre that Japan suddenly finds them unacceptable to air on TV. It's a body part, it's not going to scar/horrify young children considering half of them have one themselves.

I do like listening to the show in stereo. I can't really get the full impact on YouTube like I can at Kanzentai, but its really nice. I do think Ms. Tanaka's Kuririn is gone forever; Luffy's all that's left. But I like Luffy, he's kind of like Goku's wacky, non-related cousin; so its all good. :3

I'm enjoying the music; I can see myself buying the soundtrack in the future. I probably won't buy Kai itself though. ^^; I still prefer Z.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!