Podcasting Question

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Podcasting Question

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:02 am

In episode 172, the huge DBE review, Mike said he "dacy-chained" his mixers. How did he do that?
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:12 am

I don't know how much you already know, so forgive me if this is too simplistic an answer.

"Daisy chaining" is where you link electronics together so that A is connected to B, B is connected to C, C is connected to D, etc.

I don't know why Mike did this, though, since I'm not knowledgeable about audio editing stuff.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Re: Podcasting Question

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:14 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:In episode 172, the huge DBE review, Mike said he "dacy-chained" his mixers. How did he do that?
It's actually "daisy-chain." It's a type of wiring scheme. I believe in this case mixed output from mixer A is output to mixer B, wherein that is registered as one input to mixer B and mixed with other inputs and output to mixer C and so on.
Bussani wrote:I don't know why Mike did this, though, since I'm not knowledgeable about audio editing stuff.
I don't know what mixers Mike uses, but if he was using a few four track Portastudios for instance and was trying to record ten people or so, he would daisy-chain the mixers together in order to mix all the inputs properly.

-Corey

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:26 am

Thanks guys! I'll have to figure out how to do that, but I have a bit of a better idea now. If you're curious, I'm planning a giant school podcast with more than just three people on the panel. I do my school's podcast.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Podcasting Question

Post by Bussani » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:36 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:I don't know what mixers Mike uses, but if he was using a few four track Portastudios for instance and was trying to record ten people or so, he would daisy-chain the mixers together in order to mix all the inputs properly.
Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks!