New fan dub of Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans!!! (pt 1)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xthayetx

Post by xthayetx » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:00 am

Hehe, hi.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:00 am

Sorry to necro post but this has been pulled down and reuploaded to a new account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY2_AFjGchI&fmt=18

I think this version is even better than before. Pt2 will be on my line of sight again as soon as I finish the current project I'm working on (TricoFilms movie).
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:33 pm

You did a great job with the music, but as soon as I heard Gohan's voice I just stopped listening. I don't mean to be harsh, but those voices are kind of... well, bad. Granted, I'm comparing the quality with official dubs, so I'm probably being unfair. I still didn't really like it, though.

The presentation, on the other hand, is extremely well done! The new music is extremely fitting, the sound effects are intact, and it feels like a professional job outside of the voice talent itself. There was clearly a lot of effort put into this, and it shows.

Great job to all involved!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Wow, the music is actually really good. I LOVE the first minute or so in terms of both music and voice acting.

But after that it kinda went downhill...

The music became a little more generic (there was nothing really distinctive about it) and most of the voices were okay, but the acting could be better. Plus, it sounds like they're trying not to wake people sleeping in the other room. :P

Just my two cents. ^^;
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:57 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Wow, the music is actually really good. I LOVE the first minute or so in terms of both music and voice acting.

But after that it kinda went downhill...

The music became a little more generic (there was nothing really distinctive about it) and most of the voices were okay, but the acting could be better. Plus, it sounds like they're trying not to wake people sleeping in the other room. :P

Just my two cents. ^^;
Thx man! After the first minute or so it transitions into a Faulconer Producitions track called "Home Sweet Home" which was arranged by Mike Smith. I actually really dig that track. After that its just more dialog music (for Mr Popo) whcih was kinda bland on purpose...since it's just dialogue. That stuff is by me and is on my website "The Plot Thickens". It's supposed to be remniscent of some of the stuff Mike arranged for the Garlic Jr. Saga.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Wow this is definitely one of the better fandubs I've seen on the ol' Youtube.
A few voices were cringe worthy but it certainly was a valiant effort.
(Is it just me or does Gohan here sound a hullva lot like kid Trunks?)
I find it funny how fans can follow the Japanese script better then Funi.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:58 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:Wow this is definitely one of the better fandubs I've seen on the ol' Youtube.
A lot of dub fans don't actually know that the translation for the FUNi dub is horrible. They just assume that it's translated well now that it's "uncut".
­

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Taku128 wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:Wow this is definitely one of the better fandubs I've seen on the ol' Youtube.
A lot of dub fans don't actually know that the translation for the FUNi dub is horrible. They just assume that it's translated well now that it's "uncut".
Actually, I doubt they think about it at all. The Funi dub IS Dragon Ball Z to them. "Uncut" only means things that weren't shown on TV.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:00 pm

A preview of Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI1urYU-n9g&fmt=35

Not bad, the Goku actor sounds like Schemmel, but the mixing/mic could be a little better, that's for sure...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:43 pm

This only makes me want to get my hands on these games and a Playdia so that I can get all of the scenes that were'nt included in the OVA (and, yes, the unreleased music). I really noticed that the sound effects sound really nice in this. Are they taken from the original?