Let's have 7 disks instead of 6...email FUNi!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:08 pm

Wow, Gokuden's Crazier than I thought...

I wasn't around for his Craziness, I just hear about him often, but now it's good to know the whole story...

ANYWAY, ON-TOPIC TIME.

Now, I see a LARGE Number of us have been flooding E-mails to FUNi, I'm pretty optimistic we'll get 7 discs instead of 6

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:09 pm

DemonRin wrote:Now, I see a LARGE Number of us have been flooding E-mails to FUNi, I'm pretty optimistic we'll get 7 discs instead of 6
It seems likely, as they apparently listened to all of the fans emails asking for 4:3 Dragon Box footage. :)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Budokai23 wrote:So wait. The clips that Gokuden post on youtube of the DBOX's are fake or ripped from another site?
The latter, basically. He just downloaded YouTube videos and posted them as his own assuming nobody had any knowledge of the original videos.
Last edited by jjgp1112 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:16 pm

Y'know, I always thought he was banned from here because he had Dragon Box bootlegs and constantly talked about them...

If he didn't own any bootlegs, then why would he lie about something that he knew would tarnish his image forever? :?

500th post! 8)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Y'know, I always thought he was banned from here because he had Dragon Box bootlegs and constantly talked about them...

If he didn't own any bootlegs, then why would he lie about something that he knew would tarnish his image forever? :?

500th post! 8)
Well, he had bootlegs and thought they were legit Dragon Boxes at first. In the original Season 1 thread, he posted a bunch of screencaps and DBW pointed out that they were bootlegs. Gokuden seemed kinda saddened to know that they were bootlegs. But then after that, he wouldn't shut the fuck up about them. He said that people should buy them over of the Season sets, and even accused Mike of owning Dragon Box bootlegs and not the real thing. So now he just acts like that never happened and tells anyone who listens that his Dragon Boxes are real.
Last edited by jjgp1112 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cold World (Fanfic)

Budokai23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Budokai23 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:18 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Budokai23 wrote:So wait. The clips that Gokuden post on youtube of the DBOX's are fake or ripped from another site?
The latter, basically. He just downloaded YouTube videos and posted them as his own assuming nobody had any knowledge of the original videos.
Jeez. What a little bitch.
Aka gtadbzman.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:20 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Y'know, I always thought he was banned from here because he had Dragon Box bootlegs and constantly talked about them...

500th post! 8)
Well, he had bootlegs and thought they were legit Dragon Boxes at first. In the original Season 1 thread, he posted a bunch of screencaps and DBW pointed out that they were bootlegs. Gokuden seemed kinda saddened to know that they were bootlegs. But then after that, he wouldn't shut the fuck up about them. He said that people should buy them over of the Season sets, and even accused Mike of owning Dragon Box bootlegs and not the real thing. So now he just acts like that never happened and tells anyone who listens that his Dragon Boxes are real.
The puzzle pieces now fit together!

Awesome, now I know everything about him to educate the following generation of Daizexers as though I had experienced it myself...

...That's deep man! :wink:

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Actually, I wasn't around when any of that happened. Someone just told me about it, and when I was looking through the Season One thread, I just happened to see it, and then I decided to put the pieces together myself.

AAAAAAAANNYWAY...

I don't think adding a seventh disc would force Funi to alter the packging. Assuming that each case holds 4 discs, that means the second one will only have two discs in it. All they have to do is just add another disc tray.
Cold World (Fanfic)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Actually, I wasn't around when any of that happened. Someone just told me about it, and when I was looking through the Season One thread, I just happened to see it, and then I decided to put the pieces together myself.

AAAAAAAANNYWAY...

I don't think adding a seventh disc would force Funi to alter the packging. Assuming that each case holds 4 discs, that means the second one will only have two discs in it. All they have to do is just add another disc tray.
Holy crap! I may have just missed that when I discovered Daizenshuu EX! :lol: I first came here around the time Season One came out, and I am sure the Season One discussion thread was around a while before then...

I could have also seen it, but forgotten about it as well... :oops:

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Actually, I wasn't around when any of that happened. Someone just told me about it, and when I was looking through the Season One thread, I just happened to see it, and then I decided to put the pieces together myself.

AAAAAAAANNYWAY...

Holy crap! I may have just missed that when I discovered Daizenshuu EX! :lol: I first came here around the time Season One came out, and I am sure the Season One discussion thread was around a while before then...

You're probably thinking of the second Season One thread. The one I'm talking about is called, "New 'Remastered Box Set' information."
Cold World (Fanfic)

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Levlik wrote:Are Gokuden's Dragon Box rips on Youtube bootlegs? Comparing his stuff to Funi's trailer as well as MysticTrunksHQ's uploads they look bright as hell and way over saturated compared to those two. I just remember he was on Daizex a little while ago always talking about his bootlegs, so I'm unsure if these are what he was talking about.
From the HQ version of the trailer it looks exactly like the Dragon Boxs, colors, contrast etc. Oh, thanks for watching my videos on Youtube. I'm MystictrunksHQ^^.

And yes, Gokuden553 owns Bootlegs, my rips are from the DBZ Singles and I can prove it if anyone asks.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:38 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:

AAAAAAAANNYWAY...

You're probably thinking of the second Season One thread. The one I'm talking about is called, "New 'Remastered Box Set' information."
Oh, that makes me feel better about myself then! :)

EE_Bob

Post by EE_Bob » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Does gokuden follow under the alias gokuden553 as well?

I've had contact with him on another board. He wanted some tips on encoding videos . He didn't seem like a bad guy. However these recent stories I've read make me feel bad for the kid.

On another note, I wrote my e-mail.
Here's to hoping...

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:53 pm

EE_Bob wrote:Does gokuden follow under the alias gokuden553 as well?

I've had contact with him on another board. He wanted some tips on encoding videos . He didn't seem like a bad guy. However these recent stories I've read make me feel bad for the kid.

Here's to hoping...
I believe that was is user-name on this very forum...

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:53 pm

EE_Bob wrote:Does gokuden follow under the alias gokuden553 as well?

Here's to hoping...
gokuden553 is his regular name. He's gone by two other names here though: Goku SS3 and Princess Vegeta.
Cold World (Fanfic)

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:01 am

jjgp1112 wrote:gokuden553 is his regular name. He's gone by two other names here though: Goku SS3 and Princess Vegeta.
Isn't he also that DragonBallKaiHD guy? I could have sworn that I saw somebody mention something to that effect once, but I could be wrong.

EE_Bob

Post by EE_Bob » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:24 am

jjgp1112 wrote: gokuden553 is his regular name. He's gone by two other names here though: Goku SS3 and Princess Vegeta.
PrincessVegata huh... Coincidentally that happens to be the name of one of the admins of the same message board where he contacted me.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:33 am

As much as we all enjoy the Legend of Gokuden, I think it's time we all got back on topic.

Call me crazy, but with the way FUNimation is trying to market this as the definitive DragonBall release, I would not be at all surprised if they actually did change the disc count based on just these few e-mails. I mean, hell; if they did it for the season sets but not the Dragon Boxes, I'd be just . . . well, confused. :?

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:11 am

Don't get your hopes up -- They need to make these sets cost-effective for themselves in terms of production rates, considering the fact that they already had to shell out either a large flat rate or a hefty chunk of profit percentages to TOEI for the DBOX footage.

As far as I'm concerned, this is locked in.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:22 am

Great, I wake up to find 2 new pages. I'm excited, until I read them to find you're all babbling about some bootlegger. Nice guys.
Anyway, great to hear our "7-disk-plee" is definatley possible, due to the packaging.
I'm getting even more excited about this release now!