English Dragon Box Release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Kendamu wrote:
Aoi wrote:Hello All. I was wondering if the new Dragonbox release will re-dub the original season 3 portion of the show for Goku and Freeza. I thought it was annoying how the quality of Goku's voice (English) went from 5 Stars to 1 star as soon as he landed on Namek.

Also will they change the music they put in the dragonball remastered released before the Bruce Falconer stuff?
I doubt it. With the default audio option being Japanese with English subtitles on these discs and with how much emphasis they put on "BTW: It's in 4:3," at Otakon, it really shows who the target audience is here. Sure, there are people who enjoy FUNimation's version of DBZ who will buy this, but I don't see anyone putting any new effort into the English audio just for this... specially considering that they couldn't even get everyone back to re-record their lines in the release that used "revised English audio" as a selling point.

If you watch the Dragon Box in English, be prepared for a Season 3 with "head cold" Goku and "I wanna caress your lovely balls, big boy (no homo)" Freeza.
Well, if they get Schemmel to do the NEPs, maybe they could...

Meh, who knows...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Kendamu wrote:Awesome. Also, I went ahead and suggested to Amazon that their listing should be changed to Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box One and provided the Dragon Box trailer as evidence to that title being appropriate. You guys should do the same.
Your wish has been granted :)

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Big Boss wrote:
Kendamu wrote:Awesome. Also, I went ahead and suggested to Amazon that their listing should be changed to Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box One and provided the Dragon Box trailer as evidence to that title being appropriate. You guys should do the same.
SWEEEEET! I dunno. I might not get the Tenkaichi Daibouken Single and Kai OST. At the same time, I have the money for both..

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Big Boss wrote:
Now that look's a lot better. :lol:

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Big Boss wrote:
The preorders must be damn good. Right now, the Dragonbox set is ranked #15 in all of the Dragonball products.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Yeah, I just got an e-mail from Amazon about it. I went ahead and threw an e-mail in Hujio's direction since his comments were what prompted me to go ahead and suggest the change.

I'd have hit him up on Twitter, too, but it seems to be down again. Damn DDOSers.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:09 pm

So I'm preordering the Dragon Box at the same time as I'm preordering Final Fantasy Dissidia, which happens to have a $5 off promo code on Amazon.

If the Dragon Box were to have something like that, would you still be able to add it in later after making the pre-order?
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Thats weird,even through i got email from Amazon,about order revision, on my shipment list,item name is still Dragon Ball Z Season 1: Dbox I hope i wont have to cancel and order again :?

b_boult
Beyond Newbie

Post by b_boult » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Does anyone else's email from Amazon include the following:
Hello from Amazon.com. We're writing about the order you placed on August 08 2009 (Order# 102-6761242-3357046). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date: Artist Not Provided "Dragon Ball Z Season 1: Dbox"Estimated arrival date: November 19 2009 - December 15 2009 If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit this address to approve the delay:
?

This is what mine says, and yet noone seems to have mentioned anything about a change to the release date so far.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:25 pm

b_boult wrote:Does anyone else's email from Amazon include the following:
Hello from Amazon.com. We're writing about the order you placed on August 08 2009 (Order# 102-6761242-3357046). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date: Artist Not Provided "Dragon Ball Z Season 1: Dbox"Estimated arrival date: November 19 2009 - December 15 2009 If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit this address to approve the delay:
?

This is what mine says, and yet noone seems to have mentioned anything about a change to the release date so far.
Maybe FUNi listened to our emails after all, and are cranking up the disk count from 6 to 7? Who knows...

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 pm

coola wrote:Thats weird,even through i got email from Amazon,about order revision, on my shipment list,item name is still Dragon Ball Z Season 1: Dbox I hope i wont have to cancel and order again :?
Probably not. Even if the title changes, the item number itself is still the same and that's what really counts.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Hopefully this means that they're including the US broadcast music track. *crosses fingers* I'd hate to have TWO DVD sets. I'm not getting rid of my Orange Bricks until I'm sure the Dragon Boxes have everything they had and more.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:22 pm

I actually hadn't gotten around to putting in my pre-order on Amazon, yet. I just did so, and it listed the November 10th release date the whole way through. Definitely interested to see if/when I receive any possible notification of a delay...

Thanks, though! Updated on the home page~
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Has anybody tried asking them about it via twitter?
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Hey, Anyone notice the Right Stuf listings?

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... /4/0/-1080

Dragonball Dragon Box?

And Dragonball seasons 1 and 2.

Interesting.
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:59 pm

disturbed001 wrote:Hey, Anyone notice the Right Stuf listings?

Dragonball Dragon Box?.
All right!!! I have no reason to purchase the upcoming Dragon Ball season sets now!:wink:
disturbed001 wrote:And Dragonball seasons 1 and 2.

Interesting.
So was Amazon's GT Season 2 duplicate an incorrect listing of Dragon Ball Season 2 then?

Thanks for playing soccer with me dragon!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:02 pm

All right!!! I have no reason to purchase the upcoming Dragon Ball season sets now!:wink:
I'm pretty sure they mean DBZ, because look at the date :?
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 pm

disturbed001 wrote:Hey, Anyone notice the Right Stuf listings?

Dragonball Dragon Box?

And Dragonball seasons 1 and 2.

Interesting.
Look at the price, too. Though this could be a mistake, maybe they just forgot to put a "Z" on the end of Dragon Ball?

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:Hopefully this means that they're including the US broadcast music track. *crosses fingers* I'd hate to have TWO DVD sets. I'm not getting rid of my Orange Bricks until I'm sure the Dragon Boxes have everything they had and more.
You know Inny (I can call you Inny, right?) I hope so too.
I've been thinking, and It'd be great if everybody could get exactly what they wanted with this release. I'd love to see the disc count cranked to seven, and the Faulconer dub thrown in there.
Then everybody could get everything they wanted in one product.
Fingers crossed for you guys, seriously. :)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:07 pm

disturbed001 wrote:
I'm pretty sure they mean DBZ, because look at the date :?
Metalwario64 wrote: All right!!! I have no reason to purchase the upcoming Dragon Ball season sets now!:wink:
Metalwario64 wrote: :wink:
Metalwario64 wrote: :wink:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash