What DB product(s) are you the most excited about this year?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Definitely the Dragon Box(es). Also, Dragon Ball for Wii and the new DS RPG.
Trans rights, now!

ssjcj
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjcj » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:20 pm

It has to be the DragonBoxes, but I'm also looking forward to Raging Blast. Clearly it isn't going to be a classic but I'll enjoy playing DBZ all the same.

FuniYamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by FuniYamcha » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Attack of the Saiyans and DB Season sets.
Not a problem.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Not much, actually. Too broke for the Dragonboxes, and too cheap since I don't like the anime as much I do the manga.

Maybe the GT bricks, since there's only two total and would make for cheap-ish X-mas or Bday gifts.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:20 pm

This year, these are the Dragonball-related items I am planning on throwing my money at:

Dragonbox (of course)
*Maybe* Attack of the Saiyans, now that I have a DS. All depends on the price.
Revenge of King Piccolo, because I'm 100% certain that I will get a Wii next year. :D
Dragonball Season Sets. Again, when I have the money.

I don't have a PS3/360, so I won't be getting Raging Blast. I am getting tired of these fighting games, anyway. So ROKP and AOTS will be a refreshing return to the DBZ gaming circuit.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:48 pm

As with everyone else, the localized Dragon Boxes are an exciting prospect for me. I'm also looking forward to the gradual release of the Dragon Ball Season Sets, considering that the original is by far my favorite of the trio. :)

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Funimation's Dragon Box 1. That's the only DB-related product I fully intend to have. Of course, I already pre-ordered, so I will definitely have it.

I'm cautiously looking at the previews and reviews of the games. Mostly, I find DB/DBZ games to have a lot of issues that make them impossible to enjoy thoroughly.

Revenge of King Piccolo seems like it might be up my alley, though.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:14 am

penguintruth wrote: Revenge of King Piccolo seems like it might be up my alley, though.
Not to mention, it'll only be charged at a $40 price point. Like mostly everyone else, the Dragon Box is a certain purchase for me. Revenge of King Piccolo and Raging Blast as well. I'll hold out on Attack of the Saiyans some other time. The sprites and graphics look great, but I don't know if I want to go through another turn-based game at the moment.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:20 am

I am looking forward to the Dragon Boxes, but it's not my most anticipated product... I've already seen the whole series, now I'm just going to see it in much better A/V quality.

I'm most looking forward to Raging Blast, RoKP, and Attack of the Saiyans. I've enjoyed playing the hell outta most DBZ games, and these should be no different.

An honorable mention goes to the "Progression" CD single and the 2nd Kai OST. More Dragon Ball music is always a good thing!
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Dragonbox 1
Dragonball Season 1
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Piccolo figure by SH Figuarts.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:04 pm

The Dragonbox of course, very little could get me more excited merch-wise.

The super-sexy-awesome Piccolo figure Scars linked to comes in second, because it actually seems affordable unlike Medicom Piccolo.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]