Budokai 3:Control me already!!

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ngnikolaos
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Budokai 3:Control me already!!

Post by ngnikolaos » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:36 pm

I noticed an amusing thing while "playing" Budokai 3. I do not know if someone else has posted this, so forgive me if I give already known info. Anyway...

In practice mode (or in duel mode with two players and no time limit), if both characters remain completely still for a long LONG time (about 20 minutes), the fighter to the left will stop looking at his opponent, and start looking at the TV glass, with his eyes wide open (as if he's wondering "why aren't you inputing any commands you needwit?") He will remain in such a stance, until you move him. This works best with characters who have really big surprised looks (like Final Stage Cooler, Kuririn or Hercule).

Oh, and if anyone is wondering how I found this out, I just love listening to the music theme of the Planet Namek stage. I had it on for about 20 minutes and ... voila!

Now, isn't your Budokai 3 gaming experience a lot more meaningful?
"Destiny"... people claim by force what they desire, wreak havoc upon others in order to acquire it... and they call it "destiny".

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:52 pm

Hmm, I think I'll have to give that a go some time. Just load up the red ribbon base level and listen to the music. Best in the game IMO. ^^
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:14 pm

I don't know if this was mentioned here...but I've heard plenty about it.

I heard that it sometimes looks like their pupils are completely gone and they've turned Ultra Super Saiyan or something.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:06 pm

Yeah, I think that was pretty common knowledge already, but I'm sure there was a few people who didn't already know. It's 10 minutes though, not 20, and the characters will only look as long as their not computer controlled (An opponent set to "do nothing" in practise mode won't respond for instance).

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:38 pm

I'm not patient enough to try. I attempted, but got fed up after three minutes.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:55 am

Haha! I have to try that with Mr. Satan & Kuririn!

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:20 pm

I love a good idle animation myself... but 10 minutes is just a bit long of a wait for letting an idle animation kick in. >.> Mah well, should be fun.. I'll check it out.... once GC Budo 3 gets a release. XD

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:25 pm

I hadn't heard about it until now, but I agree with Pedro The Hutt.

SNS

Post by SNS » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:36 pm

I tried it out earlier today. I went to Practice Mode, picked Goku as my character, Frieza as the computer, & then selected Planet Namek. After changing Frieza to Player 2, I had SSJ Goku & Final Form Frieza stand there staring at each other...

Vegeta91

Post by Vegeta91 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:51 am

I'm not sure about this, but aren't those the same poses that are used when Mr. Satan uses his P+G attack ? If not, I guess I have a lot of waiting to do. :P
My heart is calm. It is quiet and pure. Make no mistake though, it's pure evil.

Michi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Michi » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:17 am

My boyfriend and I played around with that for a while the other day.

Tenshinhan is FRIGHTENING when he turns to look at you. My god.

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Another thing that might have gone unnoticed: if you make your character dash backward (and sometimes forward, depending on your position) he/she will fly upward or downward, if you press up or down at the same time. Everyone may already know this, and it may have been in every Budoukai prior, but... well, I never noticed it, before. So far, it's the only way of getting airborne without using an attack that moves one's self or one's opponent into the air.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

ngnikolaos
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ngnikolaos » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:02 am

Yes Oponok, I read about that in the message boards at www.gamefaqs.com but I really think it should be included in the manual. Since Atari writes about "doing bukutsuku at will" at the back cover, they should at least say how... O_o
"Destiny"... people claim by force what they desire, wreak havoc upon others in order to acquire it... and they call it "destiny".