FUNimation Dragon Box Z #1 (In-Hands) Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Post by KillerCory » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:06 am

B wrote:Has there been a statement that there will be at least 40 episodes in each box? 40 times 7 is 280, and with 291 episodes, it would make sense the last one would have ~50 episodes?
The paper on the back of the Dragonbox says over 40 uncut episodes. In no way does it mention Dragonbox Z Vol.1 so I imagine they will use it for all of them.

I believe they will do it like this.

DBox 1~4 = 42 episodes

DBox 5~7 = 41 episodes
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:09 am

Haseowolf wrote:Whenever I do print screen, all it saves is black if I took it with MPC in fullscreen mode 0.0 Tell me I'm not being this big of an idiot...
Eh, you're not being an idiot, just a computer n00b. We've all been there :lol:

Just don't view it in fullscreen.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:14 am

jjgp1112 wrote:
Haseowolf wrote:Whenever I do print screen, all it saves is black if I took it with MPC in fullscreen mode 0.0 Tell me I'm not being this big of an idiot...

Then here's what I get:

Can I has help?
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:16 am

Well that's odd. I wouldn't know how to help you there.

You should close the whole player and then start it back up. If that doesn't work then...Um...can someone who doesn't have a fucked up computer/media player provide some caps, then? :lol:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:21 am

Usa a different program. I can never get PrntScrn and Media Player to get along. I always have to use VLC or something.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:24 am

I wonder if the FUNi Dragon Boxes will include the TV specials? I would think so if they're going to copy the Japanese release.
Last edited by Sebastian (SB) on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Jon Jon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jon Jon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

jjgp1112 wrote:

I would recommend just using VLC player to take screenshots.

But, in order to do it this way, you need to turn off hardware acceleration.

To do this:

1.) Right click your desktop
2.)Click "Properties"
3.)Click the "Settings" Tab
4.)Click the button that says "Advanced"
5.)Click the "Troubleshoot" Tab
6.)Move the cursor from "Full" to "none" and disable write combining.
7.)Hit apply.

Now you'll be able to take screenshots of videos using print screen ;D

Just remember to change the settings back after you are finished.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:54 am

YES! Alright, I figured out some things thanks to the spiffy ole Photoshop and got them just right. Instead of reposting all the screen caps again, I edited them on page 24. Go ahead and check em out for yourselves in their 640x480 deliciousness.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:02 am

Jon Jon wrote:But, in order to do it this way, you need to turn off hardware acceleration.

To do this:

2.)Click "Properties"
7.)Hit apply.

Hmm... I had the same thing in my Media Player, just a black screen. And this little guide made the ol' print screen trick work.

I'm curious though, since I'm not too computer literate, what's the bad part about doing this? Since you said to change them back afterward.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:07 am

BAM!!! Hitting you with some more!!

EDIT: Deleted the pictures as they now appear on page one. Don't want to take up all of the forum's bandwidth so early in the month.
Last edited by Haseowolf on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:14 am

Sweet clarity. These screens look amazing.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:17 am

Ok, now someone post Orange Brick shots, so we can point at laugh at them! :D :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:17 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:Ok, now someone post Orange Brick shots, so we can point at laugh at them! :D :lol:
I'd pick mine up off the shelf...but then I'd have to wash my hands and scrub my disc drive >.<
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]

Jon Jon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jon Jon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:32 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:
Jon Jon wrote:But, in order to do it this way, you need to turn off hardware acceleration.

To do this:

2.)Click "Properties"
7.)Hit apply.

Hmm... I had the same thing in my Media Player, just a black screen. And this little guide made the ol' print screen trick work.

I'm curious though, since I'm not too computer literate, what's the bad part about doing this? Since you said to change them back afterward.
Well, you are disabling video hardware acceleration. This disables 3D acceleration and everything from your video card. It's really only designed to troubleshoot issues with your video card.

For example, I've done this to take screen caps of my downloaded Dragon Ball Kai episodes. Since they are in HD, this disables the hardware acceleration that my video card (geforce 7800gtx) has for HD video content. I actually notice a lag time when I click through the videos looking for the scene I wanted a screen cap of.

EDIT:

I also forgot to ask. I've been reading through this thread, but I can't seem to find an answer to my question.

What are the extras on this set? Do we get all of the fun stuff that was included in the Japanese sets (like television commercials)?

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:41 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:25 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:Aaaaand, another one to add to the rotation. :D

Thanks so much Haseowolf. Man, making gifs out of these is gonna be a blast.
I'm quite enjoying my new avatar as well ^_^
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:29 am

Just press Alt+I to take snapshots in MPC. No need to dick around with settings.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:30 am

Adamant wrote:Just press Alt+I to take snapshots in MPC. No need to dick around with settings.
Worry not, that's what I did. Then I took them into photoshop and got it back down to 640x480. Now its a pretty good representation of what you're getting in the Dragon Box.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]

Jon Jon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jon Jon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:54 am

:O

I didn't realize that mpc had a screen shot function. Thanks :D

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:55 am

Didn't the original dragon box have background animations that played during the menus? Also, there was a short intro animation as well, no?

Forgive me if it has already been mentioned, but after the opening funi previews, the american dbox drops right into a static menu with some jp-background music. No intro animation, and no motion in the background.

In addition, the lack of "story mode," or a marathon feature, is kind of weird, though it doesn't upset me personally. I like the next episode previews very much.