Question about the music from Budokai 1

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Question about the music from Budokai 1

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:11 pm

Was the music for the first Budokai game recorded in Japan or America? At first I thought Japan, due to the way the recap music in story mode is strikingly similar to the recap music from the Japanese series, but then again there's a lot of heavy guitar music that don't seem to fit at all (one example is when Kuririn is arguing with Goku about letting Vegeta go alive). More confusing is the ending credits, which have a bunch of American names for the orchestra.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:55 pm

There's a lot of American talent behind it...and I'll let someone better suited answer this completely.

But what I can tell you is that the soul band "Tower of Power" was involved with a lot of Budokai 2's music. Budokai 1 as you noticed had a lot of American talent behind it. Yet, from what I've gathered from the miniscule amount I've heard about the bonus DVD that comes with the soundtracks, all the recordings were done in Japan.

And of course I could very well be wrong, so I'll wait for confirmation.