DBK English Trailer

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DBK English Trailer

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:59 am

No need to apologize to me. Like I said, I thought it had been removed as well.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:08 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:No need to apologize to me. Like I said, I thought it had been removed as well.
Yeah, it's just you'd think they know better, but then again, this is FUNimation we're talking about.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:14 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Yeah, it's just you'd think they know better, but then again, this is pre-Dragon Box FUNimation we're talking about.
There, I fix'd that for ya.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:15 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Yeah, it's just you'd think they know better, but then again, this is pre-Dragon Box FUNimation we're talking about.
There, I fix'd that for ya.
Thanks, for the fix up Metalwario. :P

And yeah, FUNi has really been turning over a new leaf.

G1Ravage
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by G1Ravage » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:22 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
linkdude20002001 wrote:The old dub when God dies. "Kami-san~!" Lol.
Yeah I remember that. :P

Another example of Japanese misuse in the Ocean dub is when Goku says: "It's not Kung-Fu, it's the Kame Sen'nin style of fighting".

Heh heh...wow, I'd totally forgotten about that little dub nugget. It's pretty awesome they'd even attempted to use that.

Of course, very early Ocean/Saban was fairly decent in the script department, and the first few episodes originally used words like "kill", "die", etc. It wasn't until Kuririn went to Chichi to break the news about Goku's passing that the "next dimension" crap came into play, and from there the script alterations only got worse.