What If an Episode of Z Kai Was the Jump Special?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Re: What If an Episode of Z Kai Was the Jump Special?

Post by DbzFanboy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Dayspring wrote:You know what would be amazing? If they hired Andrea Romano to do the casting. I'm sick of hearing the same 8 actors do impersonations of themselves for every single anime dub out there.
That actually is a good idea. She did a great job on casting voices on all the batman/superman and other dc animated cartoons so I think she would be a good casting director.
FOREVER FORNEVER

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:39 am

DbzFanboy wrote:Toei has a lot of respect for Dragon Ball Z and don't take ever attempt to milk it like funimation does
I...I'm not the only one who saw this, right? Right? Because I swear I'm gonna bust a gut laughing here and I'd prefer it if it wasn't at a figment of my imagination.

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:42 am

Rocketman wrote:
DbzFanboy wrote:Toei has a lot of respect for Dragon Ball Z and don't take ever attempt to milk it like funimation does
I...I'm not the only one who saw this, right? Right? Because I swear I'm gonna bust a gut laughing here and I'd prefer it if it wasn't at a figment of my imagination.
Toei hates milking it so much that it never even made 13 movies and a seperate spinoff series. Now if you'll excuse me I need to sit at my DBZ brand desk and take my DBZ brand eyedrops.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:27 am

Commander_Red wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Toei hates milking it so much that it never even made 13 movies and a seperate spinoff series. Now if you'll excuse me I need to sit at my DBZ brand desk and take my DBZ brand eyedrops.
So you own Gohan's "Stady" desk, too?!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Commander_Red wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Don't get blown off your Super Saiyan chair!!
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:25 pm

I should rephrase my previous statement. Toei animation doesn't milk dragon ball z like funimation and when they deliver product they do it to the satisfaction of the fans. They never gave orange brick like quality. Also all the material they delivered (13 movies 500 episodes) were because of high demand.
FOREVER FORNEVER

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:36 pm

DbzFanboy wrote:I should rephrase my previous statement. Toei animation doesn't milk dragon ball z like funimation and when they deliver product they do it to the satisfaction of the fans. They never gave orange brick like quality.
GT.

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:21 am

Rocketman wrote:
DbzFanboy wrote:I should rephrase my previous statement. Toei animation doesn't milk dragon ball z like funimation and when they deliver product they do it to the satisfaction of the fans. They never gave orange brick like quality.
GT.
GT was a completely new series and once again was made became of the demand from fans. Also GT was made without the mast mind behind the dragon ball series Akira Toriyama. There was no demand for 16:9 dragon ball z and there was no demand for a ultimate uncut edition that stopped after a few releases.
FOREVER FORNEVER

Baby Naruto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Baby Naruto » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:18 am

I honestly would not care either way, as long as it gets an uncut release, with the FUNimation English Voice Cast.