Kai Episode 54 (25 April 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 54 (25 April 2010)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon May 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Technically speaking, but not narratively speaking. Knowing that Buu blows up the earth doesn't make Raditz any less threatening to me when he kidnaps Gohan and starts stomping on Goku's ribs. But for Cold to really be the emperor and in charge of Freeza the whole time we saw him and Goku battling it out does undermine Freeza's character to a shocking degree. Granted, this is all moot, since, as the link says, Cold is inferior to Freeza, just as it should be.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue May 04, 2010 12:57 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Technically speaking, but not narratively speaking. Knowing that Buu blows up the earth doesn't make Raditz any less threatening to me when he kidnaps Gohan and starts stomping on Goku's ribs. But for Cold to really be the emperor and in charge of Freeza the whole time we saw him and Goku battling it out does undermine Freeza's character to a shocking degree. Granted, this is all moot, since, as the link says, Cold is inferior to Freeza, just as it should be.
Freeza probably isn't King Freeza only because King Cold was still alive.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am

If I'm not mistaken, in episode 55, when they all fly to the landing place, Vegeta does mention that there's somebody at Freezer's side who is hugely stronger than Freezer himself. Incoherent as it may seem to you guys, it seems Cold is meant to be much stronger than Freezer in the anime version.

In the manga though, there is no word as to who is the most powerful between them, so I guess it's up to interpretation. I don't really mind personnaly, since at Trunks' level, there's virtually no difference between them in how easily he kills them both, so it doesn't really matter who's the most powerful since they're both in the "no sweat" category.