Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TonyTheTiger » Tue May 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Broly himself doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The entire concept of the "Legendary Super Saiyan" along with it having a distinct form is pretty bizarre. During the entire Namek saga the mere idea of a Super Saiyan was legendary because it was like a fairy tale passed down among the saiyan people. Once Goku achieved it he was supposedly fulfilling that prophecy. I always figured that was the "legendary" part of it, since it was, you know, special. Then Toei tosses Broly at us and all of a sudden Goku and pals are just "ordinary" Super Saiyans (as if something like that should even be considered ordinary) while this hulking lunatic with his crazy hair colors is some other "legendary" form. There's no consistency.

And I don't even have any problem with Broly in particular, at least no more than I have with other movie villains. His overexposure is a bit annoying but I don't see him as necessarily worse or less developed than the likes of Bojack or Lord Slug. All in all, provided Broly bites the dust here, I think this fight was handled pretty well. They seriously retconned Broly's character but it works within the context of this comic and it was a decent excuse to see Super Saiyan 2 and 3 Vegetto.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue May 11, 2010 9:57 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:Broly himself doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The entire concept of the "Legendary Super Saiyan" along with it having a distinct form is pretty bizarre. During the entire Namek saga the mere idea of a Super Saiyan was legendary because it was like a fairy tale passed down among the saiyan people. Once Goku achieved it he was supposedly fulfilling that prophecy. I always figured that was the "legendary" part of it, since it was, you know, special. Then Toei tosses Broly at us and all of a sudden Goku and pals are just "ordinary" Super Saiyans (as if something like that should even be considered ordinary) while this hulking lunatic with his crazy hair colors is some other "legendary" form. There's no consistency.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't know why there's even a question of "who is the legendary Super Saiyan?" amongst fans.
verto wrote:While what you said was right, the whole green hair thing denoting LSSJ, is wrong. Broly's hair was yellow at the end of movie 8, and throughout all of 10. I'm not sure if it was officially stated, but from what I've heard, the green hair is a side effect of the mind control device Paragus had on him.
sorry just wanted to put that out there. XD
Well, obviously his hair was a completely different sort of dark green while he had the collar on and became more gold when he was free of it, but even after that, Broly always seems to have a green hue about him.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue May 11, 2010 11:25 pm

The entire purpose and function of Paragus' device was to restrain and generally mess with Broly's power, and the discoloration of his Ki and body was shown to be a side effect of that. Even after the device was destroyed, the effect still lingered a bit and made his Ki have a slight green tint for the remainder of movie 8. But by movie 10, seven years later, it's completely worn off and Broly looks just like any other Super Saiyan.

So no, according to Movie 10, the greenness has nothing to do with his "Legendary" Super Saiyan stage itself. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is just a glorified version of SSj Grade 3.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed May 12, 2010 2:12 am

Kaboom wrote:So no, according to Movie 10, the greenness has nothing to do with his "Legendary" Super Saiyan stage itself. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is just a glorified version of SSj Grade 3.
Would you consider it a SSJ Grade 4?

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Wed May 12, 2010 2:47 am

rereboy wrote:
Silver Sinspawn wrote:There is no LSSJ2 or LSSJ3. It's just SSJ3 in RB, so he could still go SSJ3.
His hair is green. Therefore, LSSJ3. If he was just SSJ3 his hair would be golden like all the others. And that doesn`t invalidate the reason Salagir gave when he mentioned that Brolly wouldn`t have another transformation since his "normal" LSSJ gives him more power and advantages than, for example, the SSJ3 would give him.

In fact, if he somehow lost his LSSJ and he could only access normal SSJ states, even with SSJ3, his power would be much lower than it was in this fight, since the only reason for him to be able to go agaisnt Vegetto was his LSSJ and its advantages.
But he's never referred to as a LSSJ3. The game calls him a SSJ3. So its fan-shit.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 12, 2010 4:41 am

Kaboom wrote:The entire purpose and function of Paragus' device was to restrain and generally mess with Broly's power, and the discoloration of his Ki and body was shown to be a side effect of that. Even after the device was destroyed, the effect still lingered a bit and made his Ki have a slight green tint for the remainder of movie 8. But by movie 10, seven years later, it's completely worn off and Broly looks just like any other Super Saiyan.

So no, according to Movie 10, the greenness has nothing to do with his "Legendary" Super Saiyan stage itself. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is just a glorified version of SSj Grade 3.
His hair and aura were darker when he was using the device because he never fully turned (L)SSJ while wearing it. Therefore his hair and aura were something between black and green.
I really don`t see why it would alter the color of his aura and hair and why it would remain after he completely broke free of it. To me, it doesn`t make sense.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed May 12, 2010 7:18 am

Kaboom wrote:The entire purpose and function of Paragus' device was to restrain and generally mess with Broly's power, and the discoloration of his Ki and body was shown to be a side effect of that. Even after the device was destroyed, the effect still lingered a bit and made his Ki have a slight green tint for the remainder of movie 8. But by movie 10, seven years later, it's completely worn off and Broly looks just like any other Super Saiyan.

Really? I remember him always having a slight greener tint than the other characters... Then again, I don't watch the movies often, so I could just be remembering wrong.

Actually, I think SSJ characters in GT have an odd tint to them, too. Maybe it's just my copies.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed May 12, 2010 9:50 am

Zephyr wrote:Would you consider it a SSJ Grade 4?
Probably. I think the power it grants is squeezed right between Grade 3 and SSj2. I could go on and write a whole big mini-essay about Broly's power and how I think it works and blah blah blah but this really isn't the right topic for it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed May 12, 2010 10:10 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:But he's never referred to as a LSSJ3. The game calls him a SSJ3. So its fan-shit.
Actually, as I recall, Broli was hyped as a "Legendary Super Saiya-jin 3" in one of the trailers for Raging Blast . . . and by Masako Nozawa, no less. It was later bumped down to just SSj3, but clearly the intent was there.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Silver Sinspawn wrote:But he's never referred to as a LSSJ3. The game calls him a SSJ3. So its fan-shit.
Actually, as I recall, Broli was hyped as a "Legendary Super Saiya-jin 3" in one of the trailers for Raging Blast . . . and by Masako Nozawa, no less. It was later bumped down to just SSj3, but clearly the intent was there.

~Da Lemmy
But even prior to the trailer, he was labeled exactly as "BROLY SS3" in that old scan he was first revealed in. The trailer just blew it out of proportion, I guess.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Wed May 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Is this finally the end of the biggest(?) idiot of the DB universe?
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Wed May 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Looks like Broly's blasting off agaaaaaain!!!

*Ding*

:mrgreen:
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed May 12, 2010 3:32 pm

:lol:

That's the best. I'm reminded of Dr. Robotnik. "I hate that hedgehog!"

I'm calling it: At the end of the comic there will be an epilogue showing Broly still flying through space yelling "KAKAROT!!!!!"

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed May 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Salagir has stated that this attack does not kill Broli. Just so y'all know.

~Da Lemmy

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Wed May 12, 2010 4:06 pm

.:PoetikaL:. wrote:Looks like Broly's blasting off agaaaaaain!!!

*Ding*

:mrgreen:
:shock: I just posted the exact same thing on another forum. Either way, it looks like we won't be seeing Broli any time soon.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed May 12, 2010 4:07 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Salagir has stated that this attack does not kill Broli. Just so y'all know.

~Da Lemmy

Salagir and Broly can kiss my ass. If I see Broly again for any reason other than to tell me I won't see him again, I will find them and bludgeon them with a movie 8 VHS.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed May 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Salagir wrote:Yes, I confirm what I said before: awesome physical dragon-shaped form won't hurt Broly a bit. But yes, he is carried away. Like, far.

SPOILER:
I want to add that, just like in ice, when he is pushed by this attack, his power does not grow (the power doesn't grow when he is constantly attacked. By constantly I mean no time to take his breath, like he did several times in the movies and in his fight here). I mean that as long as he isn't out of this attack, he won't get stronger than Vegetto SSJ3.
Bludgeon away, Heika.

~Da Lemmy

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Wed May 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Haha I like how all the people who complain about how DBM is going are blatantly still reading it. :lol:
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed May 12, 2010 4:23 pm

DBZ MAN wrote:Haha I like how all the people who complain about how DBM is going are blatantly still reading it. :lol:
I didn't stop watching Dragonball Z when I got to Garlic Jr. and I am not going to stop reading this just because of one, teeny, tiny story arc... even if it is the most enraging thing ever,
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Wed May 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Lemmy......

What have we learned from this experience?

Salagir is the ultimate Dragon Ball Broly Tard Troll and we have all been mindfucked into believing this was a decent fan fic.

/wrists

*whichever mod edited my previous post, thank you for fixing the errors. lol
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...