Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by DNA » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:37 am

rereboy wrote:Good to hear.

Well, that`s face it, there is no easy way to explain how Brolly survives and gets to Earth while making perfect sense.
Well, I think high resistance is one of his traits, if he survived getting stabbed as a baby, I'm sure he can survive getting punched in the gut as an adult. As for space pods, he's dad was going to fly away in one and they're one man only, so it's not too hard to believe there would be another one for Broly. That bit for me makes as much sense as Goku managing to fly off Namek by finding a space pod. Crashlanding, cryogenically frozen, waking up and becoming a bit dazed and confused because he is traumatized and spent 7 years encased in ice. I don't think the movie is that senseless really...

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 am

DNA wrote:
rereboy wrote:Good to hear.

Well, that`s face it, there is no easy way to explain how Brolly survives and gets to Earth while making perfect sense.
Well, I think high resistance is one of his traits, if he survived getting stabbed as a baby, I'm sure he can survive getting punched in the gut as an adult. As for space pods, he's dad was going to fly away in one and they're one man only, so it's not too hard to believe there would be another one for Broly. That bit for me makes as much sense as Goku managing to fly off Namek by finding a space pod. Crashlanding, cryogenically frozen, waking up and becoming a bit dazed and confused because he is traumatized and spent 7 years encased in ice. I don't think the movie is that senseless really...
Is he in LSSJ? Because we already have precedence for DBM's LSSJ Broly to survive in space encased by an energy blast. If Baby Broly, who has a BP of 10,000 and a fatal stab wound can survive in space, it really makes a lot of sense for LSSJ Broly to be able to survive the same way we see he's already surviving in the story.

We actually see him blow up in movie 8. Not, "maybe he got to the pod before the planet blew up like Goku did," he himself is actually seen blowing up from the TOEI punch. DBM's crazy "OMG Broly fanboy crap" is actually a substancially better retcon from the sounds of it.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm

I don't know if anybody noticed but Broly cannot fit in a space pod while in LSSJ and, yet, we see him traveling in that form.

I also wondered why did they stab Broly. I mean, Saiyans don't usually use weapons and I cannot see why a powerful ki blast at the face wouldn't work better.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:59 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:I don't know if anybody noticed but Broly cannot fit in a space pod while in LSSJ and, yet, we see him traveling in that form.

I also wondered why did they stab Broly. I mean, Saiyans don't usually use weapons and I cannot see why a powerful ki blast at the face wouldn't work better.
From what I saw in Movie 10, Broly landed on Earth in his regular SSJ form and then reverted to his normal form when he collapsed unconcious after exiting the pod. So . . . unless you guys saw a new page of this doujinshi I am at a loss of what you're referring to :?. Considering my track record though, I probably missed something in the conversation :| :oops: .

As for Saiyans using melee weapons, well there was that background statue on past Planet Vegeta in one of the Saiyan saga filler episodes. It was a monument of some Saiyan warrior who is rasing a broad sword up in his right hand. Of course that is filler after all but one would assume that knives and bladed weapons and tools where used at some point by the Saiyans in their past. Thare was also that "cave" Saiyan lady with the knife in her mouth in another filler flashback too. Not to mention the fact that three characters who have Saiyan backgrounds have used melee weapons: Son Goku (the Nyoi-bo), Son Gohan and Trunks (both weilded swords). Still there is little to go on about the old, pureblood Saiyans but taking examples from the above mentioned three, melee weapons where probably still used despite using ki.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Also a new mini comic

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:07 pm

LOL!! The punchline of the mini-comic is priceless!! :lol:
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Oh wow, that's the hardest I've laughed in a while!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:55 pm

It's funny cuz it's true. :lol:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:20 am

Why do I end up liking the mini-comics more than the actual comic? :P

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:51 am

'Mini' being the main word in that sentence.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:11 am

LeprikanGT wrote:'Mini' being the main word in that sentence.
True, and there's also little no Broly in them.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:10 am

"Of course, it's the ocean! Search again!" :roll: I hate to think what Trunks has in mind to find that Dragonball.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:21 am

I really want to say "that's what she said", after the 4th panel. But I won't, because I have more class than that.... *toot* :shock:
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Anyone know how I could contact Salagir? I'd like to try out for one of those mini-comics.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Big Momma wrote:Anyone know how I could contact Salagir? I'd like to try out for one of those mini-comics.
http://mail.salagir.com/index.php?lang=en#dbm

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:54 pm

rereboy wrote:
Big Momma wrote:Anyone know how I could contact Salagir? I'd like to try out for one of those mini-comics.
http://mail.salagir.com/index.php?lang=en#dbm

Thank you very much, sir :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:34 pm

The dialogue is frickin' ace.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Well at least it's not an oil spill.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Don't like this page at all. There's a whale flying through the skies before it happens and it's out of character for them to needlessly kill the people on the boat, even if it was unintentional.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:19 pm

It looks like the whale is an aftermath of the blast to me :?

And, we can't be for sure those people died. Just looks like they're caught on that HUGE wave.