"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Raging Blast 2 is Alive!

Post by Cipher » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:16 am

The S wrote:When you have an extensive cast of 40+ characters, it's not entirely a "waste of space" for a guest character. After all, this isn't TMNT Smash-Up (16 characters, 3 of which are Rabbids).
They could have had 10 Rabbids for all I care if I could have played as Complete Carnage.

If you're part of the ninety percent of this board not up enough on TMNT lore to even know who Complete Carnage is, don't worry. Neither was Ubisoft when they made this game, apparently.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:28 pm

It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Tag team fights? It's pretty much confirmed that RB2 is just going to have 1 on 1 fights. Tenkaichi Tag Team, another game Spike is making will have tag team fights.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:49 pm

What I meant was having the tag team finishing moves.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:59 am

I am liking the graphics so far.Great That Dabura is in, one of my fav villains to use in a DBZ game.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:01 am

Any news about giant characters?

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:16 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:What I meant was having the tag team finishing moves.
Well, they were sorta in Raging Blast 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ASxxbd ... re=related

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:34 am

I don't see why they can't put in everyone that was in budokai tenkaichi 3 and more, or even if they can't just put some up as DLC characters, at first I thought raging blast sucked compared to tenkaichi 3 controller and gameplay wise, although now I'm used to it, but I still miss things like SSJ4 and more fusions, one day there will be a game in with everyone, hopefully :)!
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 am

Gogeta is in now.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:44 am

Cipher wrote:
The S wrote:When you have an extensive cast of 40+ characters, it's not entirely a "waste of space" for a guest character. After all, this isn't TMNT Smash-Up (16 characters, 3 of which are Rabbids).
They could have had 10 Rabbids for all I care if I could have played as Complete Carnage.

If you're part of the ninety percent of this board not up enough on TMNT lore to even know who Complete Carnage is, don't worry. Neither was Ubisoft when they made this game, apparently.
I know what you mean. I know who that is and I know who Radical is, too. My beef with the game wasn't that it was basically Rabbids and TMNT '07 characters with a few extra people tacked on, though. It was that these oh-so-great former Smash Bros. guys who were making it (on the cheap) apparently don't know how to balance characters out. So, in the one time I played it, I got my ass handed to me as Karai vs. Nightwatcher because, even though Karai is fast, she can't deal out damage worth a crap. She'd have to be a literal blur at all times to be fast enough to make up for it.

Anywho, DBZ. I'm passing on this already. I'll download the demo, but I'm not enough of a Sparking fan to sit in front of the TV and play this. I can play stuff like this in short bursts so I just might sink my teeth into Tag VS, though.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:45 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Gogeta is in now.
He was in Raging Blast. In fact, they had a what if fight between Gogeta and Vegetto.
E3 kicks off today and while I doubt we'll hear anything in ANY of the press conferences, news is bound to surface soon...I hope. :?
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:What I meant was having the tag team finishing moves.
Well, they were sorta in Raging Blast 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ASxxbd ... re=related
No what I meant was that RB2 should have all of those moves or something like those. I already knew that the first RB had tag moves but there only about 4 and two of witch we already had in BT3, yet they promised us more than that, I specificaly remember them saying that we was going to have a team Wolf Fang Fist, Life Drain and a couple others.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Here's some gameplay from E3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvwfR8JjABE

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Interesting.

It looks like the characters hits are really connecting. As much as I like past Spike Dragonball games, their punches and such always looked like they weren't connecting properly. This looks pretty nice. I'm not sure how I feel about the slowdown before the big smack. It's dramatic, gives players a chance to counter, but it seems like it slows down the action a little too much.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 pm

mysticboy wrote:Here's some gameplay from E3
At least the camera is better this time round, however the game just seems identical to Raging Blast 1, except it has more improved graphics :?
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:27 pm

mysteriousdbzgt wrote:
mysticboy wrote:Here's some gameplay from E3
At least the camera is better this time round, however the game just seems identical to Raging Blast 1, except it has more improved graphics :?
Yeah, the camera seems decent. I'm not even sure I'd call them improved graphics, just more like different lighting techniques or a different shader was used instead of the more common cell-shader used in RB1.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:05 pm

They really need to start giving us something right off the bat when it comes to Tenkaichi games. Am I really supposed to look at these trailers and go "OH MAN GOKU AND VEGETA ARE FIGHTING!? OH MAN!" There is absolutely nothing to get excited about here. At least give me a glimpse of a new feature.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Cipher wrote:

If that last paragraph was directed at me, Cipher, I'm insulted! Or do you not realize who I am? o.O

I would have loved Complete Carnage and Radical to be playable, but even shoe-ins like freaking Leatherhead, Hun, and the Triceratons, that were passed over. The only obscure character in the game, really, was the Utrominator.

Buuuut this is about DragonBall, not TMNT, and I was just using Smash-Up as an example. Lars in Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 doesn't bother me, because, well, not only was the design he appears as in-game designed by the creator of Naruto, but he's one of circa 40 characters. Likewise, one guest character would not ruin Raging Blast 2's stable. It's only when you have smaller rosters that the need of guest characters versus space come into question.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:26 pm

>Tullece Confirmed

Well shit. Now I have to buy this game.

I didn't really see much improvement, but now I'm obligated.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Any news about limited release like RB?