DragonBall Coming To The Nintendo 3DS

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: DragonBall Coming To The Nintendo 3DS

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 am

I want a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans as well; I really liked that game a lot.

With handheld systems like the DS, I personally hold out on buying new hardware until whatever device I'm using is no longer compatible with new software.
This is why I still play my games on an original fat DS instead of on a Lite or XL. I like my old DS; it works, I've never had a problem with it, and I've never been dying to use a gaming system to take photos or go online.

The fact that the buttons on the right hand side of the 3DS are up top with the joystick instead of down the bottom with the directional pad looks like something that would irritate me while playing, but I guess I could get used to it.

Either way, probably not going to buy one until games stop coming out for the regular DS and all the games I want are coming out for the 3DS.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:05 am

penguintruth wrote:I'd hate to have to get yet another different system to play these new games. Seriously, these damn console changes every couple of years sickens me to no end.

I just want a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans for the DS. If they can let me playing a sequel to that on my regular DS, I will consider getting the 3DS at some point.
If they do make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel, it's safe to say that it's not going to be on the 3DS, because it would be difficult to implement 3D graphics on an RPG.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:58 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
penguintruth wrote:I'd hate to have to get yet another different system to play these new games. Seriously, these damn console changes every couple of years sickens me to no end.

I just want a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans for the DS. If they can let me playing a sequel to that on my regular DS, I will consider getting the 3DS at some point.
If they do make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel, it's safe to say that it's not going to be on the 3DS, because it would be difficult to implement 3D graphics on an RPG.
There's actually an on/off button for the 3D function.

Also, I'm holding out for a Budokai game. Did you see how amazing the graphics on this thing are? It outclasses the PSP in almost every way.

Or maybe a game like Sagas, but with devs from a parallel universe that would make it not suck.

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:19 am

The Nintendo DS launched in November 2004. When the 3DS launches that will have been SIX years ago. We're definitely due for a new Nintendo handheld.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:39 am

It's not that frequent at all. At least in terms of, you HAVE to update to play the games. The DS's lifespan in particular has been pretty long, compared to other hand-helds.

Game Boy - 1989
Game Boy Color - 1998
Game Boy Advance - 2001
Nintendo DS - 2004

Compared to its 2 predecessor, the DS has lasted twice as long as both.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:50 am

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Also, I'm holding out for a Budokai game. Did you see how amazing the graphics on this thing are? It outclasses the PSP in almost every way.
No it doesn't. The 3DS is more powerful than the PSP, that's to be expected, the PSP was announced in 2003, and launched in 2004. But the 3DS is only slightly more powerful than the PSP, and still isn't up to PS2 quality or even what the iPhone would be able to do if it didn't have all that overhead.

A lot of the screenshots released for the 3DS have been a bit misleading in that they're focusing on the character models only, where as the ones that focus on both the character models and environments look particularily weak. The ones released for that Resident Evil game have almost certainly been doctured.

Also, the games we've seen in actual motion, like Kid Icarus, looks exactly like a PSP game. The MGS, and RE titles look great, but they're only presence on the E3 floor is in an interactive cutscene, which is quite suspect.
Freeza Heika wrote:I don't know if anyone has brought it up yet, but the 3DS cartridges have 10x the capacity of the DS cartridges, at launch; that would put the max game size around the same size as some PS2 games. That should make for some awesomeness.
The max 3DS cartridge size at launch is 2GB, which isn't that large. It's literally 200MB larger than what the PSP currently offers, and with the ability to data install, it's exactly the same. Don't expect Namco Bandai to use the entire cartridge, because if the file sizes of the Shin Budokai games on PSN are any indicator, they didn't even use half of the storage available on the PSP, and that's with Japanese, and English audio tracks.
Last edited by Super Sayian Prime on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:52 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
Freeza Heika wrote:I don't know if anyone has brought it up yet, but the 3DS cartridges have 10x the capacity of the DS cartridges, at launch; that would put the max game size around the same size as some PS2 games. That should make for some awesomeness.
The max 3DS cartridge size at launch is 2GB, which isn't that large. It's literally 200MB larger than what the PSP currently offers, and with the ability to data install, it's exactly the same.
I'm hoping that since there is an SD slot, that will be used for data install and not the game carts.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:55 am

Freeza Heika wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
The max 3DS cartridge size at launch is 2GB, which isn't that large. It's literally 200MB larger than what the PSP currently offers, and with the ability to data install, it's exactly the same.
I'm hoping that since there is an SD slot, that will be used for data install and not the game carts.
It's quite pointless to offer data install when you're running off a cartridge. The usual reason for offering data install is to decrease load times from the optical media by saving recurring code onto the console, but when you're using a cartridge this isn't required. Only in a few games do data installs offer extra features (such as in MGS5 for PSP, where data installs allows all codecs to have audio).
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:31 pm

The 3DS is already announced to have an SD card slot. From the looks of it, in addition to its superior hardware it'll do everything the DSi does now as well (I'm wondering what it'll do about DSiWare).

And, uh... I'm not sure how on-topic this would be considered, since the game in question is for the 3DS.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:26 pm

You should stick with Playstation... :wink:

The PS2 has had a 10 year life span and the PS3 is on track for the same(but I think the Wii and 360 are set to follow in the PS3 footsteps) as for Handhelds, there are three model types of the same PSP that all play the same games and use the same charger. Same can't be said for the DS. Besides the DS needed an upgrade.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Tenkaichi Tag Team will likely be the last, or second last DragonBall game on PSP if you get what I mean.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:20 am

I'm hoping for Supersonic warriors 3, but I doubt it since I have been told that the second game did not sell that well. I hope to see a remake of SW though. Or maybe a remake of Legends.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:27 am

I personally think there should be more games in the style of Advanced Adventure, but maybe that's just because I have a love for beat em' ups.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:52 am

Wait, maybe this is the "Saiyan Extermination Plan" remake?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:

How would it be too hard? Just do it the same way you would for the NES games demo'd in 3-D. Backgrounds in the back, characters in the front. When a menu is present, put it in the front, the characters in the middle, and the background in the back.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Dan no saisei

Post by Dan no saisei » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:00 am

Don't forget that it needs 2x the power to do 3D, because everything has to be rendered twice! I heard about that fact in an interview with a developer whose next game for the PS3 will include a 3D mode.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Bulma's breasts in 3D.

Seriously.
Freeza Heika wrote:Maybe now I can finally have my dream of having Goku's penis poke out at me, at the beginning of the game.
Dude, you're weird. :shock:

I want a brand new fighting game which isn't just another installment in the Budokai or Tenkaichi franchises, one that really makes use of the 3D functionality, so you actually feel like you're in the battle.
I'd also like an RPG game, perhaps along the same lines of Origins or Attack Of The Saiyans. I wouldn't mind if it's not either of those two--perhaps it would be even better to have a brand new RPG game that's better than those two.
Lastly, I want a Dragon Ball racing game. If Mario can venture out of his natural genre of platforming into fields like party and sports games, why can't Dragon Ball? If they did, I just hope it doesn't try to be too similar to Mario Kart.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Bulma's breasts in 3D.

Seriously.
BEST. IDEA. EVER. :P

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Son Geeko wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Bulma's breasts in 3D.

Seriously.
BEST. IDEA. EVER. :P
^THIS

But I'm pissed that this won't be backwards compatible... Or maybe it will be, just (clearly) not 3D?
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:51 am

I did a brief google search and http://ds.ign.com/articles/107/1079233p1.html says the 3DS will be backwards compatible with DS/DSI games.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!