About The Music

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wahwahwah
Banned

About The Music

Post by Wahwahwah » Sun May 08, 2005 5:03 pm

I know this is probably a really big annoyance to you, (not like I care!!!) but when is the Music Downloads section going to go back up? The site just says soon.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: About The Music

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 08, 2005 5:12 pm

Wahwahwah wrote:I know this is probably a really big annoyance to you, (not like I care!!!) but when is the Music Downloads section going to go back up? The site just says soon.
When everyone who visits this forum sends me a photo of them with a CD they purchased. 'Cuz, ya' know, we freakin' hate bootlegging, and refuse to be your substitute for actually purchasing the CDs.

I'm only half-serious about that.

Here's a better answer... when another generous person donates some web space with monitored bandwidth and actually realizes just how insane the traffic on this site gets :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Wahwahwah
Banned

Post by Wahwahwah » Mon May 09, 2005 1:12 am

Well, geeze, it's not like I'm going to do that anytime soon! I mean, I don't even have a web-site!!! *Everyone gasps at her, horrifyingly!*

Me, send in a picture? Psh! When pigs fly! Like I could actually find any of those CDs?!? You'd have an easier time strapping wings to Oolong's back and pushing him off a cliff to teach him to fly than EVER finding some of those CDs!!!

That's what the Internet is for, DUH!!! To get music we can never find in the Stupid United States!!! You know it's almost impossible to find those really cool CDs!!!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 09, 2005 2:20 am

Yes but you can easily get a lot of those songs now off the Dragonball Z Song Collection Volumes. They are quite new and can easily be legally purchased through Amazon Japan, along with some other ones.

Oh and if a CD is out of print, you can try Yahoo Japan Auctions. It's just like E-bay. If you can't understand Japanese there are companies that will bid for you for a small fee.

Trust me, I've been collecting music for a long time legally and illegally I might add, so I know that the excuse of saying you can't legally find them doesn't hold water.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SpaceKappa
Regular

Re: About The Music

Post by SpaceKappa » Mon May 09, 2005 2:26 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Wahwahwah wrote:I know this is probably a really big annoyance to you, (not like I care!!!) but when is the Music Downloads section going to go back up? The site just says soon.
When everyone who visits this forum sends me a photo of them with a CD they purchased. 'Cuz, ya' know, we freakin' hate bootlegging, and refuse to be your substitute for actually purchasing the CDs.

I'm only half-serious about that.

Here's a better answer... when another generous person donates some web space with monitored bandwidth and actually realizes just how insane the traffic on this site gets :).
My only thing is looking for songs that don't have a CD release. Unless I'm mistaken (which is possible), "Sabitsuita Machine Gun" by WANDS was never released on a non-bootleg disc, and I'm DYING to have that song.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 09, 2005 2:34 am

No there was a CD single release.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon May 09, 2005 2:52 am

...Huh?

I have the Sabitsuita CD single. It was put out by B-Gram Records. The coupled song is called "Try Again". The back cover has ugly pictures of Gokuu as a kid, adult, SSJ, and SSJ4.

It's probably catalogued on the site. ... Yes, it is.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 09, 2005 2:57 am

Told ya. I can always count on Rachel to back me up.^^

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Mon May 09, 2005 10:33 am

Well, I'd donate webspace, but I seem to be cursed with the "three days after I get webspace it disappears" syndrome.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Mon May 09, 2005 11:16 am

ThunderPX wrote:Well, I'd donate webspace, but I seem to be cursed with the "three days after I get webspace it disappears" syndrome.
That wouldn't, and shouldn't happen with paid hosting, which in this instance is most likely what Mike is refering too.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon May 09, 2005 12:03 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Told ya. I can always count on Rachel to back me up.^^
Actually, late last night when I posted that, I read your post as "No there was no CD single release." :oops: But I guess it makes more sense this way, because I know you know the music in the series so well.

But anyway, I had meant to give a buying link for the CD single so Mizugi can actually acquire it. So here it is.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Mon May 09, 2005 12:05 pm

Rach, you are incredible. Thanks so much!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 09, 2005 4:49 pm

TripleRach wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:Told ya. I can always count on Rachel to back me up.^^
Actually, late last night when I posted that, I read your post as "No there was no CD single release." :oops: But I guess it makes more sense this way, because I know you know the music in the series so well.

But anyway, I had meant to give a buying link for the CD single so Mizugi can actually acquire it. So here it is.
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
No worries Rach. Eyes get tired as it gets late.^^

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue May 10, 2005 2:22 pm

In my experience, commas always help.
Jerseymilk wrote:No, there was a CD single release.

Wahwahwah
Banned

Post by Wahwahwah » Tue May 10, 2005 3:34 pm

Really? You can get them? Cool! But, there's only certain ones I want, and they're on the Daizenshuu Album!!! I don't know how to look around for CDs and stuff, truthfully, so please excuse me if I thought they were impossible to get. I can surf just fine, but I'm not a conisseur of the Music n' stuff. Could anyone help me find the songs I want?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 10, 2005 6:49 pm

The combination of the "Music Database" on this site, and the shop-in-English CDJapan should be enough for anyone to find exactly what they want.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Wahwahwah
Banned

Post by Wahwahwah » Wed May 11, 2005 6:47 pm

Yes, obviously, but I like to be a royal pain and be lazy, making everyone do stuff for me!!! Yes, I AM being sarcastic.