Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Re: How do YOU get in the Dragon Ball Z mood?

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Whenever I'm feeling nostalgic, I guess. I've seen the series, movies and specials so damn much that I'd have to get an itch for a fix (dope fiend style) in order to pop in a DVD, which has been quite often lately. lol

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:36 am

I'm always in the dragonball mood ^^

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Once a year, in the fall/winter (usually overlaps Thanksgiving somewhat) I do 'Dragonball Remembrance Week', which is something I invented several years back when I noticed my interest in the series waning. It was rather abrupt to go from years of DBZ being my life to suddenly getting into a ton of new Anime and Manga all at once and realizing I'd burned myself out on DB, so I figured I needed to 'invent' a way to make sure I didn't toss it to the wayside and never revisit it (not that I think that'd realistically happen with the series that got me into Anime in the first place, but the idea of 'getting over' DB was scary, and I didn't want to end up shelving it with half my other childhood obsessions). It gets less and less methodical every year, but I always revisit it in some form around the same time with a week (which always becomes longer) of busting out some DVD's, my DB music playlist, doing some fanart, etc.

I seem to have spontaneously come into it a few months early, though, because I've randomly gotten into the mood this week. I've been watching Kai on Nicktoons on and off since it premiered, and come here to reply to a thread or two, but it hadn't exactly reinvigorated my mood any. But I've been pretty horribly sick the past week or so, and spent much of my time in bed watching Nicktoons...guess the mood caught me, because I'm finding myself doing a little DB fanart on my brand new Wacom tablet now >.>;

Works out rather well, though, as I'm sure I'll be too swamped with midterms and such when it comes to the time I usually 'celebrate' to devote much time to it.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:23 pm

Sleeping..

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:47 pm

I'd just take a gander at my growing DBZ figure collection and think about the ones I want next, that gets me in the mood I guess
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!