AsuraVengeance's Fandubs

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

AsuraVengeance's Fandubs

Post by Asura » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Hiya. Dragonball's my favorite thing in the world so I thought i'd do some english fandubs for it. I'm also new to this site, although I have been browsing around it without an account for awhile now, so I thought i'd join in and pitch some of my fandubs in here. Keep in mind i'm not a singer at all, and haven't received any training, heh. I hope to do some voice acting work later but for now i'm focusing just around the songs. Tell me what you guys think, thanks! (Be brutally honest, if it sucks, it sucks) xD.

My Youtube Page

Dragon Soul!

Yeah! Break! Care! Break!

Chou! Super Dragon Soul!

Also, I made the first ever kind of english dub for the Chou! Super Dragon Soul! song. This was a really hard one to dub. The translated lyrics from japanese didn't really fit in the song if you were to sing it in english. I kept most of the lyrics in tact and changed a few lines here and there. It was kinda hard to sing to aswell because I didn't really have an example to measure up to. There are a few editing errors here and there, and I didn't edit it as much as the other songs, but i'm pretty poor at editing. I def. recommend watching the whole song. The mid-end I think is way better then the beginning. Enjoy!

Asura

Re: AsuraVengeance's Fandubs

Post by Asura » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:28 pm

I re-edited my Chou! Super Dragon Soul! song, and I recommend everyone check it out, I think it's a big improvement over my older one.

Check it out! Link Below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0LHdCUodGc

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:13 pm

It sounds a lot like you're singing "out of your nose". What I mean by that is that, when you sing, you mostly/only breath out of your nose. You need to open up your throat and breath that way when you sing. Also, be sure to tone yourself before singing. Practice a bit while the original song on your own to make sure you're singing in the same vocal range, and in the same beat. Another thing I noticed when you sing is that there's a "warble" when you hold long notes. Your voice kind of shakes a bit.

I'm not gonna lie, there are quite a few problems in these fandubs, but at the same time they are better than most fandubs I hear. And it can be turned into something else.

One good thing is that you never shy away from it, and that's always a good start. Some people are afraid to give it their all, and from what I hear, you have no problem putting your heart into it. :wink:

Just keep on practicing, practicing, practicing, and it'll get better!
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Big Momma wrote:It sounds a lot like you're singing "out of your nose". What I mean by that is that, when you sing, you mostly/only breath out of your nose. You need to open up your throat and breath that way when you sing. Also, be sure to tone yourself before singing. Practice a bit while the original song on your own to make sure you're singing in the same vocal range, and in the same beat. Another thing I noticed when you sing is that there's a "warble" when you hold long notes. Your voice kind of shakes a bit.

I'm not gonna lie, there are quite a few problems in these fandubs, but at the same time they are better than most fandubs I hear. And it can be turned into something else.

One good thing is that you never shy away from it, and that's always a good start. Some people are afraid to give it their all, and from what I hear, you have no problem putting your heart into it. :wink:

Just keep on practicing, practicing, practicing, and it'll get better!

Thanks for the helpful tips and criticism! Unfortunately breathing can be a problem with me sometimes because I have a deviated septum in my nose. Basically it means that one side of my nose is completely blocked off and I can't breathe out of it, so sometimes breathing can get a bit weird for me. I'll keep practicing and try to hold those notes longer. Thanks

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bizy7C1IhZk

The Ginyu Force sure does rule these days...

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Asura wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bizy7C1IhZk

Jeez, you got a bit..... excited there. :P

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:42 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Asura wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bizy7C1IhZk

Jeez, you got a bit..... excited there. :P

Yeah I wanted to make it really crazy and kind of screaming, it's more of a parody then anything xD

Asura

Post by Asura » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Danishnarutoship
3 weeks ago
sorry but it sounds like you're horny when you sing that xD

Alright! Getting quite the interesting comments if I must say so myself

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:51 pm

I've been really busy with school, thus I haven't released anything in awhile.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:23 am

Re-Uploaded the english dub of Chou! Super Dragon Soul! due to popular request (hoho, not really)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ563e5vHBU