Legacy of Goku fan game

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Legacy of Goku fan game

Post by Demi » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:10 pm

http://www.freewebs.com/finsoft/ultimate.html

It looks pretty good for a fan game.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:14 am

Yay for sprite ripping and Sphere! Let the sillyness commense!!

On a more serious note, swing and a miss. Fangames = more ignorance, pain, and foolishness than they're worth.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:37 am

lol @ Chiller

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:43 am

Wow, I never knew Bardock fought Lavos and then flew away in the Epoch! Crazy...

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:56 am

lost in thought wrote:Yay for sprite ripping and Sphere! Let the sillyness commense!!

On a more serious note, swing and a miss. Fangames = more ignorance, pain, and foolishness than they're worth.
Actually, I've seen a lot worse in the fangames (or even amateur games in general) department. I'm not a fan of RPG Maker, but this doesn't look too bad to me. It looks like there's a lot of effort put into it.

Can't say I support the idea of using Lavos and the Epoch from Chrono Trigger though. :roll:

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:00 pm

Well maybe, but fangame's are all sillyness to begin with. When have you ever seen truly accomplished story work in them? Let alone character structure, and personality. When these fanboys/girls create characters, 95% of the time it's a Saiyan (like Broly,) or a Namek. The same can be said for fan fiction. Which leaves little in the way of unique, and possibly interesting stories when all you get are basicly rehashing characters with little and no purpose.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:01 pm

I used to use the RPG Tsukuru series a lot.... this appears to be 2000 or 2003; but there are some things here that I was not aware RPG Tsukuru could do!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:52 am

lost in thought wrote:Well maybe, but fangame's are all sillyness to begin with. When have you ever seen truly accomplished story work in them? Let alone character structure, and personality. When these fanboys/girls create characters, 95% of the time it's a Saiyan (like Broly,) or a Namek. The same can be said for fan fiction. Which leaves little in the way of unique, and possibly interesting stories when all you get are basicly rehashing characters with little and no purpose.
Oh, you were talking about the story. Well I've never actually played many RPG maker games, so I don't have anything to debate with. :P

You could be right (look, it's Freeza's relative, Chiller!), but I was talking about the other things. The presentation, with all the custom menu stuff, real-time-battle (I'm guessing, anyway), the heads-up-display, etc. It looks like a lot of effort was put into those. And even the grammar seems surprisingly good. :lol:

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:17 pm

Leotaku wrote:
lost in thought wrote:Well maybe, but fangame's are all sillyness to begin with. When have you ever seen truly accomplished story work in them? Let alone character structure, and personality. When these fanboys/girls create characters, 95% of the time it's a Saiyan (like Broly,) or a Namek. The same can be said for fan fiction. Which leaves little in the way of unique, and possibly interesting stories when all you get are basicly rehashing characters with little and no purpose.
Oh, you were talking about the story. Well I've never actually played many RPG maker games, so I don't have anything to debate with. :P

You could be right (look, it's Freeza's relative, Chiller!), but I was talking about the other things. The presentation, with all the custom menu stuff, real-time-battle (I'm guessing, anyway), the heads-up-display, etc. It looks like a lot of effort was put into those. And even the grammar seems surprisingly good. :lol:
No! Ignore all that! You have to imediatly hate it before thinking of all the effort gone into it so people think you're cool! =o

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:50 pm

Looks like the maker put more effort into this than I did with some of my RPG's. I had plotted out a whole, complex story with interesting characters, enemies, scenarios, custom systems, but when it came to actually making the game, I quarter-assed it. Not even half-assed. And I never finished it, either.

But anywho, all the familar RPG sprite and textile ripping brought back memories of using RPG Maker. But, still, Lavos and the Epoch... :shock:
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:03 pm

Demi wrote:
Leotaku wrote:

No! Ignore all that! You have to imediatly hate it before thinking of all the effort gone into it so people think you're cool! =o
That is what most people would probably do; automatically bash any fangame that comes around. I'm not one to want to be like most people though. :P
But anywho, all the familar RPG sprite and textile ripping brought back memories of using RPG Maker.
I remember messing around with that program too in my early days of looking into game programs. I never made anything, but I did end up making a bunch of custom sprites. And it got me into doing non RPG Maker custom sprites too. So at least I got SOMETHING out of it. :oops:

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:38 pm

Don't be too hard on RPG Maker people. I've done some work in it, and its just a really advanced too. You could pretty much make anything you wanted, good or bad with it.
-Laserkid

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:47 pm

That is what most people would probably do; automatically bash any fangame that comes around. I'm not one to want to be like most people though
That's because you were working on a DBZ fangame at one time. You'd be a hypocrite.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:54 am

The S wrote:
That is what most people would probably do; automatically bash any fangame that comes around. I'm not one to want to be like most people though
That's because you were working on a DBZ fangame at one time. You'd be a hypocrite.
Actually, I've never been one to bash ANYTHING. Whether it be a band that I hate, or a show I can't stand, whatever, I keep it to myself. Cause I hate it when people go around putting down things in an immature manner. And I'd hate to turn into one of them.
"blah, dat band SUXX0RS!!!11" or some crap like that. If you don't like it, don't say anything, or voice your opinion respectfully.