Dragonball Stuff You've Just Realized

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Stuff You've Just Realized

Post by CatouttaHell » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:59 am

Son_Gohan wrote:The Artificial Humans are an allusion of the circus:

#16 - Strongman
#17 & #18 - Abused animals that inevitably turn on their master
#19 - Clown
#20 - Ringmaster
Cell - Freak
That is so clever. :shock:
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm

^ That's genius. :lol:

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:02 pm

You'd think that.

And then you picture #20 performing Britney Spears' song Circus.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:40 pm

A list of all of Goku's masters:

Kame-sennin
Karin-sama
Kami-sama
Kaio-sama

I guess the "-s" part might be a bit of a stretch, but damned if they don't all start with the same two letters.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:23 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:A list of all of Goku's masters:

Kame-sennin
Karin-sama
Kami-sama
Kaio-sama

I guess the "-s" part might be a bit of a stretch, but damned if they don't all start with the same two letters.
Son Gohan?

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:46 pm

People actually like Linda Young's Freeza. :shock:

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:28 am

The world cheering "Satan" while gospel-like music plays in the background is unnerving. Just a little...

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:02 am

Perhaps this is just me paying too much attention, but when Trunks shatters Piccolo's statue, it breaks and he has to regenerate the lost body parts. The thing is, Namekian regeneration only affects their flesh as far as I can tell. So wouldn't that mean he'd probably be partially naked off-camera immediately after regenerating? :shock:

Good thing he has that clothes beam...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:12 am

Kiyza wrote:Perhaps this is just me paying too much attention, but when Trunks shatters Piccolo's statue, it breaks and he has to regenerate the lost body parts. The thing is, Namekian regeneration only affects their flesh as far as I can tell. So wouldn't that mean he'd probably be partially naked off-camera immediately after regenerating? :shock:

Good thing he has that clothes beam...
In addition to that, Trunks would have saw his half naked pieces once Dabra was eaten and he went to look at what he had done to the Namekian.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:15 am

In addition to that, Trunks would have saw his half naked pieces once Dabra was eaten and he went to look at what he had done to the Namekian.
Nah, the parts left behind would still have their clothing on.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:12 am

In the Buu Arc:
That everyone with the exception of Videl thought Gohan was dead, even though they previously wished back everyone who had died that day. Since Gohan hasn't been dead prior to the wish they should've figured he'd been brought back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:37 am

dbgtFO wrote:In the Buu Arc:
That everyone with the exception of Videl thought Gohan was dead, even though they previously wished back everyone who had died that day. Since Gohan hasn't been dead prior to the wish they should've figured he'd been brought back.

That's a good find. Funny enough, Goku specifically points out that they were planning to bring back the people who died at the tournament but the way Yamcha worded it makes it seem like everybody around the world, aside form the bad guys, should be brought back. People who died unrelated deaths that day were in luck :lol:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 am

Yes and Kibito wasn't among the victims at the tournament and was still brought back, so it's obvious not only the people at the tournament were brought back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:25 am

dbgtFO wrote:Yes and Kibito wasn't among the victims at the tournament and was still brought back, so it's obvious not only the people at the tournament were brought back.

And we can assume that Vegeta wasn't brought back because of what he did, though he did give his life to protect the earth.... Shenlong counts Vegeta as a bad guy but Porunga doesn't.

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:48 am

Michsi wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Yes and Kibito wasn't among the victims at the tournament and was still brought back, so it's obvious not only the people at the tournament were brought back.

And we can assume that Vegeta wasn't brought back because of what he did, though he did give his life to protect the earth.... Shenlong counts Vegeta as a bad guy but Porunga doesn't.
But Vegeta was brought back once by Shenlong, where Vegeta was killed by Freezer on Namek.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 am

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:
Michsi wrote:

But Vegeta was brought back once by Shenlong, where Vegeta was killed by Freezer on Namek.
Oh, true. Slipped my mind.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Ah, it's probably gotten to the stage where they can't keep track of who has died and who hasn't. :wink:
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Yeah, I think I brought that up in a thread a long time ago. I always found that really weird. I think people replied with the theory that they just forgot that they'd wished everyone back to life, since Goku had told them about Gohan and Vegeta dying after the wish. But I don't agree with it.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:
Michsi wrote:

But that wish didn't specify bring back everyone except evil people, it was wished "everyone killed by Freeza and his men"
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Aside from the somewhat questionable logic in #17 coming back to life by the "bring all those killed by Cell back to life," has anyone ever considered what would happen to the inhabitants of those islands that Cell blew up in his search for #18? They'd come back to life at the bottom of the ocean (as their corpses have surely sunk after all this time) and quickly drown again or be killed through either water pressure or decompression as they scrambled to get to the surface. And on the off chance any of them made it to the surface, chances seem slim they'd find any available land nearby, and they'd drown too. Good going, guys. :P
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 5/27/24!)
Current Episode: Kuririn the Plot Device - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 4