Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:10 am

All that trouble for some pickles ... when his race doesn't even need to eat.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:53 am

I love it. It's so freakishly bizarre.

I love Broly: "Ok, Insect."
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

SuperForteX
Banned

Post by SuperForteX » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:11 am

rereboy wrote:Don't expect much from the next special chapter.

Btw, the next fight will be revealed before the current chapter ends and, I gotta say, I'm pretty surprised/shocked to know who one of the fighters is and what that fighter is using as a weapon. You will find that out next friday, I won't ruin it for you.
You have insider information? PM me spoilers and I swear on my soul i will share them with no one, neither IRL or on the Internet.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:07 am

SuperForteX wrote:
rereboy wrote:Don't expect much from the next special chapter.

Btw, the next fight will be revealed before the current chapter ends and, I gotta say, I'm pretty surprised/shocked to know who one of the fighters is and what that fighter is using as a weapon. You will find that out next friday, I won't ruin it for you.
You have insider information? PM me spoilers and I swear on my soul i will share them with no one, neither IRL or on the Internet.
I won't do that.

I do some "heads up" in this thread like "the next chapter will be a special" or "a couple of pages from now you will be surprised" or something like that, but I never spoil anything for anyone.

In fact, I have no idea why you want me to spoil it for you. That would take the fun out of it when you read the future pages.

Btw, I only know what is going to happen a couple of pages early because I'm a translator, that is all.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:25 am

In fact, I have no idea why you want me to spoil it for you. That would take the fun out of it when you read the future pages.
It's something that seems to be popular on the internet... I don't understand it. But a lot of people seem to enjoy reading scripts to movies and stuff like that... it makes no sense to me.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Meh, should've ended with the focus back on the pickle jar. But it's funny.

Just realized I joined the 700 club 16 posts ago. o_o

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:49 pm

What the flying fuck? :?
rereboy wrote:It may be strange but it gave me an awesome idea for a power up for Tenshinhan.

In the manga, Tenshinhan is the only one capable of splitting himself. So, if someone taught him how to do the fusion dance (which is not very difficult), he could split himself in two and fuse with himself.

Since the fusion results in a warrior stronger than the sum of its parts, the fusion would be stronger than normal Tenshinhan, giving him a 30 minutes power up.

Following the manga, he would be the only one capable of doing it (since Piccolo can't).
Nope, wouldn't make him stronger.
Chapter: 179, P14.1
Goku: “That ain’t like you to make a mistake like that, Tenshinhan. It was an amazin’ strategy to become 4 people. But by splitting into 4 people, your attack, defense, speed, and everything got divided in 4 too.”
So basically, if Tenshinhan split himself into two and fused with himself, his power would be the same as before he divided in two, but he'd only be as one for 30 minutes.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:04 pm

The key point he was making is that Fusion is stronger than the sum of its parts. So let's assume it's something like (A+B)x10. Tenshinhan starts out at 10. He splits into two parts, each with a power of 5. Those two halves perform Fusion, which results in a 100.

It'd be an interesting method of getting a temporary power-up, if it works and you're capable of Fusing with... yourself. I wonder if the Fusion would still look like Tenshinhan, or if he'd be an all-new being entirely.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I love it. It's so freakishly bizarre.

I love Broly: "Ok, Insect."
That's why I actually love this particular comic.
Piccolo Daimao wrote:What the flying fuck? :?
rereboy wrote:It may be strange but it gave me an awesome idea for a power up for Tenshinhan.

In the manga, Tenshinhan is the only one capable of splitting himself. So, if someone taught him how to do the fusion dance (which is not very difficult), he could split himself in two and fuse with himself.

Since the fusion results in a warrior stronger than the sum of its parts, the fusion would be stronger than normal Tenshinhan, giving him a 30 minutes power up.

Following the manga, he would be the only one capable of doing it (since Piccolo can't).
Goku: “That ain’t like you to make a mistake like that, Tenshinhan. It was an amazin’ strategy to become 4 people. But by splitting into 4 people, your attack, defense, speed, and everything got divided in 4 too.”
So basically, if Tenshinhan split himself into two and fused with himself, his power would be the same as before he divided in two, but he'd only be as one for 30 minutes.
Actually rereboy may be on to something . . . then again it begs the question - How can you fuse with yourself!? Would that even work!? Then again I am sure Toriyama-sama would probably shrug and go "Sure, why not?" :lol:

EDIT: Damn Kaboom you beat me to it.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Kaboom wrote:The key point he was making is that Fusion is stronger than the sum of its parts. So let's assume it's something like (A+B)x10. Tenshinhan starts out at 10. He splits into two parts, each with a power of 5. Those two halves perform Fusion, which results in a 100.

It'd be an interesting method of getting a temporary power-up, if it works and you're capable of Fusing with... yourself. I wonder if the Fusion would still look like Tenshinhan, or if he'd be an all-new being entirely.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And I think a fusion of two Tenshinhans wouldn't change their appearance. He'd still look identical to Tenshinhan. And his name would probably remain as "Tenshinhan" too.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:What the flying fuck? :?

Nop. Fusion is always stronger than the sum of its parts in Dragon Ball.

The same way that Gotenks is stronger than Goten and Trunks put together, a fusion between two "half-Tenshinhans" would result in something stronger than 1 Tenshinhan.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:28 pm

But the 'half-Tiens' are themselves temporary, and when he stops using the technique they all fuse back into the same body. Wouldn't Fusion just end the technique as the two Tiens reunite?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Maybe, maybe not. There was never any defined time limit to Ten's technique. But who knows if they'd even be able to fuse, since for all we know, their own energy would just be all like, 'DENIED" and send them flying in opposite directions when their fingers touched.

But assuming the best, i.e. that the technique DOES work, it'd be very temporary one way or another.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Maphisto86 wrote:Actually rereboy may be on to something . . . then again it begs the question - How can you fuse with yourself!? Would that even work!? Then again I am sure Toriyama-sama would probably shrug and go "Sure, why not?" :lol:
Who knows? At least, there is nothing in the series that implies that it wouldn't work. Both "half-Tenshinhans" are the same size and have the same power, so the dance should work if done properly.

And, like I said, no one besides Tenshinhan is able to divide himself in the manga, so it would be a very particular and personal power up just for Tenshinhan.

One could think that there would be nothing stopping Tenshinhan from doing this many times, increasing his power every time (divide, fuse, divide again, fuse again, and so on, until the 30 minutes run out), but one could easily fix this by saying that a fusion (dance or potara) can't fuse again with another being (except if we are talking about namekian fusion). So, after fusing with himself, Tenshinhan would be able to divide himself again, but not fuse with himself again, before the fusion breaks. The manga doesn't really tell us if a fusion can fuse with another, I believe, so... However, I believe it would make more sense if it couldn't.

If I was doing a fanfic where Tenshinhan was more relevant he would definitely have this power up and he would use kaioken.
Rocketman wrote:But the 'half-Tiens' are themselves temporary, and when he stops using the technique they all fuse back into the same body. Wouldn't Fusion just end the technique as the two Tenshinhan's reunite?
Well, I don't know. But they are only temporary in the sense that they last as long as Tenshinhan can hold the technique, so there isn't any time limit for them.

Also, the splitting technique is considered a technique only possible due to Tenshinhan's alien ancestry, much like the saiyans and half saiyans can only go SSJ because of their saiyan blood.
In that regard, Dai Kaioshin said that Goku and Vegeta shouldn't fuse as SSJs because they would stay that way forever, they would be unable to revert back to base form. So, the fusion, not only wouldn't cancel the SSJ, it would actually hold it permanently, because those were the conditions in which Goku and Vegeta were in.

Granted, Dai Kaioshin was talking about the Potara here, but there is nothing to suggest that the dance works any differently in that regard.

So, there isn't any reason present in the manga for why the splitting technique would interfere with the fusion, the same way the SSJ wouldn't interfere or would be canceled by the fusion.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Kaboom wrote:The key point he was making is that Fusion is stronger than the sum of its parts.
The way I see, the fusion takes the best of both parts, so merging two identical beings is pointless. If the two beings diff a lot beetween eachother (like Goku and Vegeta), you get a better result.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Fox666 wrote:
Kaboom wrote:The key point he was making is that Fusion is stronger than the sum of its parts.
The way I see, the fusion takes the best of both parts, so merging two identical beings is pointless. If the two beings diff a lot beetween eachother (like Goku and Vegeta), you get a better result.
The fusion dance requires that the two beings are similar in size and power, so that shouldn't really matter in the fusion dance.

And, even if it was important, the point is that it still would give Tenshinhan a power up without Tenshinhan having to fuse with someone else.

But, of course, a fusion of Tenshinhan with someone else of comparable power with the dance fusion would always be stronger than this fusion of Tenshinhan with himself just because of the fact that it uses Tenshinhan's full power as the starting point and not half of his power.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 pm

rereboy wrote:So, there isn't any reason present in the manga for why the splitting technique would interfere with the fusion, the same way the SSJ wouldn't interfere or would be canceled by the fusion.
But Splitting divides while Fusion unites. They're diametrically opposed, like going Super Saiyan while Mystic.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Rocketman wrote:
rereboy wrote:So, there isn't any reason present in the manga for why the splitting technique would interfere with the fusion, the same way the SSJ wouldn't interfere or would be canceled by the fusion.
But Splitting divides while Fusion unites. They're diametrically opposed, like going Super Saiyan while Mystic.
SSJ can't be used while in Mystic because they are different ways of doing the same thing (gaining power from deep within yourself). So, they conflict with each other.

To use Herms' example, their objective would be speed and one of them would be a car and the other a bicycle. Whatever we may use to achieve speed we can't use them both at once and there would be no point in using them both at once.

However, splitting and dance fusion have different objectives and do different things.

One divides a person into several bodies, essentially creating several identical persons temporarily and dividing the original power equally, and the other temporarily combines two persons into a optimal new being who is far better than the simple combination of the two persons and their power. And that is why I don't think they would conflict with each other.

For example, would a fusion of Tenshinhan with someone else be unable to split himself? I don't see why not... And, by doing it, we would still have the combination of two techniques all the same, just in a different format.

Then, how about using the splitting before the fusion?

The splitting basically creates two different persons temporarily. I mean, there isn't a true Tenshinhan and a inferior clone, no. By all definitions, they are twins exactly alike in every way but still, two different persons that just happen to be doomed to combine with each other in the future. But, until they do, they are basically like any other pair of twins.

And fusion creates an entirely new being out of two persons and two bodies.

For the fusion, it shouldn't matter if the two persons were combined in the past and are on a time limit to be combined in the future. The fusion just takes the two compatible persons and creates a new being out of their characteristics, better than any simple combination of the two.

For example, would Kami be able to fuse with Piccolo Daimao using the fusion dance (providing that the stronger one would lower his power to match the other one)? Its basically the same question as asking if Tenshinhan could fuse with himself (using the splitting and the dance fusion).
Tenshinhan's splitting technique only difference is the fact that the split can never be permanent and the fact that everything is divided equally between the bodies (unlike Kami and Piccolo).

I see no reason why it wouldn't work on both cases. But hey, this is all speculation. There is no right or wrong.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:45 am

Hm... well, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw this fusion happen in this comic.

He would probably just look the same, with the standard fusion outfit.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Scarz wrote:Image
That.. is gold.