if Kai was on cartoon network (My predictions on edits)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

if Kai was on cartoon network (My predictions on edits)

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Tue May 24, 2011 5:55 pm

I was thinking, how would CN edit Kai if they had it?

Well I started a series to show what I would think how they would edit it, since their standards are a bit different.

Edit # 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90XxpxZ ... ture=inbox
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Re: if Kai was on cartoon network (My predictions on edits)

Post by Arique » Wed May 25, 2011 7:48 am

With a lot of the shows airing on Cartoon Network currently, i.e. Adventure Time and Regular Show, I'm sure Kai could air on CN 95% unedited, with the other 5% being all of the cursing heard in the uncut dub, even though I'm pretty sure Funimation could keep all mentions of "Hell" and "Crap" throughout the script, but remove all of the other swear words. If it was airing on Adult Swim with FMA Brotherhood, I bet the entire series would air 100% uncut with no problems whatsoever.
Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:53 am

If it aired after 8 or 9, I think it could air 100% unedited. I recall the Ultimate Uncuts having "hell," "damn," etc. in them. If it aired in the day time, I think only those words would be taken out as the original DBZ run had blood and all that without any major censoring (the only thing that comes to mind is Videl's excessive bleeding when getting beat up by Spopovich, and Mister Satan's name).

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Thu May 26, 2011 10:05 am

FUNimation just had to settle for two networks that had to air the show with a lot of edited content.
So mondo lame.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Thu May 26, 2011 3:23 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:If it aired after 8 or 9, I think it could air 100% unedited. I recall the Ultimate Uncuts having "hell," "damn," etc. in them. If it aired in the day time, I think only those words would be taken out as the original DBZ run had blood and all that without any major censoring (the only thing that comes to mind is Videl's excessive bleeding when getting beat up by Spopovich, and Mister Satan's name).
When Krillin got impaled, the horn was kept, but the blood was removed.

And yeah, Toonzai and CN would've made more sense IMO. But CN passed it since they didn't want DBZ anymore.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu May 26, 2011 4:36 pm

SRB2Unleashed wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:If it aired after 8 or 9, I think it could air 100% unedited. I recall the Ultimate Uncuts having "hell," "damn," etc. in them. If it aired in the day time, I think only those words would be taken out as the original DBZ run had blood and all that without any major censoring (the only thing that comes to mind is Videl's excessive bleeding when getting beat up by Spopovich, and Mister Satan's name).

And yeah, Toonzai and CN would've made more sense IMO. But CN passed it since they didn't want DBZ anymore.
The don't want DBZ anymore? Why? Are people complaining about a lack of Family Guy on Adult Swim?

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Thu May 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Adult Swim put anime in their backseat, like, five years ago. New episodes of Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist round up only a fraction of a Family Guy repeat's ratings, and the same applies for most any of their comedies. Not really surprising. I don't think Kai is so special that it's really going to appeal to whoever's in charge of the anime acquisition side of AS.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu May 26, 2011 5:24 pm

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks AS would never air Kai? Even though AS does air other shonen anime their audience would definitely shun DB compared to FMA or Bleach.

I think the real reason why CN didn't pick Kai was because it didn't have a toy deal. All the anime that CN now airs all have a tie in.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ashura » Fri May 27, 2011 10:55 am

Cartoon Network is currently focusing on creating original content, which is why outside of AS most anime save for perhaps Pokemon is gone now.
My favorite movie henchman is Sancho.

Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.

[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Fri May 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
SRB2Unleashed wrote:

The don't want DBZ anymore? Why? Are people complaining about a lack of Family Guy on Adult Swim?
They think DBZ is past its prime for some reason, they were offered it from what I learned, but passed it.

Ani-Nation7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ani-Nation7 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Weren't there rumors a while back that CN was going to make a deal with Funimation and air Kai uncut?

Well now we know that's not true but I'm sure It could of been a huge success for them.
Well at least Kai is treated very well on Nicktoons and the edits are tolerable.

MetroidJunkie
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetroidJunkie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:21 am

Ani-Nation7 wrote:Weren't there rumors a while back that CN was going to make a deal with Funimation and air Kai uncut?

Well now we know that's not true but I'm sure It could of been a huge success for them.
Well at least Kai is treated very well on Nicktoons and the edits are tolerable.
I was actually surprised with how much they let slide in the latest episode, they allowed things you wouldn't expect them to like 18 crunching Vegeta's arm, Tenshinhan being strangled, and Piccolo getting a very brutal uppercut in the gut/back.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:38 pm

MetroidJunkie wrote:I was actually surprised with how much they let slide in the latest episode, they allowed things you wouldn't expect them to like 18 crunching Vegeta's arm, Tenshinhan being strangled, and Piccolo getting a very brutal uppercut in the gut/back.
Maybe DBZK isn't coming back to 4Kids TV next season since 4Kids is going bankrupt so... perhaps they don't have to edit it for two networks anymore? Is that even a logical possibility or do I just sound like a complete idiot right now? :lol:

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:25 pm

MetroidJunkie wrote:
Ani-Nation7 wrote:Weren't there rumors a while back that CN was going to make a deal with Funimation and air Kai uncut?

I was actually surprised with how much they let slide in the latest episode, they allowed things you wouldn't expect them to like 18 crunching Vegeta's arm, Tenshinhan being strangled, and Piccolo getting a very brutal uppercut in the gut/back.
That's because its at a 9 pm timeslot now I'm assuming.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:48 pm

No. Just last monday's episode was at 9. It's still retaining it's 8pm timeslot.

MetroidJunkie
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetroidJunkie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
MetroidJunkie wrote:I was actually surprised with how much they let slide in the latest episode, they allowed things you wouldn't expect them to like 18 crunching Vegeta's arm, Tenshinhan being strangled, and Piccolo getting a very brutal uppercut in the gut/back.
Maybe DBZK isn't coming back to 4Kids TV next season since 4Kids is going bankrupt so... perhaps they don't have to edit it for two networks anymore? Is that even a logical possibility or do I just sound like a complete idiot right now? :lol:
That would be freaking awesome, actually. ;3