"Dragon Ball Online" Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Online News

Post by Budogenkai » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Rocketman wrote:Is anyone else kind of sickened by the female Buus' 'hair'? It's not hair, it's flesh. Big, useless sacks of flesh twisted around.
Have any Buu's had hair before?
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Rocketman wrote:Is anyone else kind of sickened by the female Buus' 'hair'? It's not hair, it's flesh. Big, useless sacks of flesh twisted around.
Were you sickened by the fact that Majin Buu wore clothes, despite that fact that it was originally just Buu flesh? I personally don't see the problem, as many franchises have done the same thing with female aliens and stuff.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:46 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Were you sickened by the fact that Majin Buu wore clothes, despite that fact that it was originally just Buu flesh? I personally don't see the problem, as many franchises have done the same thing with female aliens and stuff.
Very good point. Fat Buu and Kid Buu, contrary to appearances, are both 100% naked. The 'hair' on the female Buu's isn't any different than the tentacle on the male Buu's. Except it doesn't look like they've got a reproductive organ on their heads. :p

You know, lack of clothing is something of a theme with major Z-era villains. Freeza, Cell, Buu.... All completely nude. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Xyex wrote: You know, lack of clothing is something of a theme with major Z-era villains. Freeza, Cell, Buu.... All completely nude. :lol:
Buu had on pants, so he wasn't completely naked.

@Topic: I wonder what's taking them so long to get this in English. I'm liking how this is developing so far, and I'm getting really anxious to play it.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:45 pm

mysticboy wrote:
Xyex wrote: You know, lack of clothing is something of a theme with major Z-era villains. Freeza, Cell, Buu.... All completely nude. :lol:
He might have had pants on, but they were pants born of his own skin. Even when he absorbed one of the Z fighters, it isn't like he took Gotenks vest off the runt and put it on himself, he grew a vest out of his chest. I do realize that it isn't Buu's flesh later on, as when he absorbs Vegetto, he rips off the shirt he gained from Gohan and it flies off as cloth in the wind instead of being another hunk of Buu to worry about destroying. Its just that every time he regenerates, the area regrows as a pink mass, takes the appropriate shape, and then changes into whatever the original substance was.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:48 pm

mysticboy wrote:

@Topic: I wonder what's taking them so long to get this in English. I'm liking how this is developing so far, and I'm getting really anxious to play it.
No he didn't. He was no more wearing pants than Mystique is wearing clothes when she shifts into other people. Its Buu's body, it's just shaped to look like pants. But there ain't nothin' underneath there.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I do realize that it isn't Buu's flesh later on, as when he absorbs Vegetto, he rips off the shirt he gained from Gohan and it flies off as cloth in the wind instead of being another hunk of Buu to worry about destroying. Its just that every time he regenerates, the area regrows as a pink mass, takes the appropriate shape, and then changes into whatever the original substance was.
Clothes gained from absorptions are created via Piccolo's clothing creating magic. :P
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 am

just like earlobes D:
-凯

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Do they still have candy powers? If they do, then they're not completely useless. But yeah, a bit on the creepy side. But then, Buu is supposed to be creepy... in a silly way.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:42 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:Do they still have candy powers? If they do, then they're not completely useless. But yeah, a bit on the creepy side. But then, Buu is supposed to be creepy... in a silly way.
You can learn the candy beam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOSx3t9l ... re=related
this user has videos of a lot of learnable skills
-凯

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Taiwanese Open Beta is nearly up. Check www.dbocom.com for more info.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:32 pm

hleV wrote:Taiwanese Open Beta is nearly up. Check http://www.dbocom.com for more info.
To quote Goku, "I'm getting excited!" lol

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:52 pm

My guess is that if they are going for a Us release in the future they are trying to tweak the game with feedback from other markets before doing so.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote:My guess is that if they are going for a Us release in the future they are trying to tweak the game with feedback from other markets before doing so.
Meh, they don't really need to release it in the US if they don't want. Now that the game is going to be outside Korea, it isn't illegal for us to play anymore since you don't have to steal Koren Social Security Numbers. I already have my account set up for the Taiwanese open beta.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Would anyone be willing to join or create a guild for members of Daizenshuu EX? It would be nice to play with intelligent fans like yourselves. You guys speak English too.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Makaioshin wrote:Would anyone be willing to join or create a guild for members of Daizenshuu EX? It would be nice to play with intelligent fans like yourselves. You guys speak English too.
I suppose I'd be up for it, I've absolutely never played a MMORPG before, so it will probably be good if I had a group to fall back on. lol

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Makaioshin wrote:Would anyone be willing to join or create a guild for members of Daizenshuu EX? It would be nice to play with intelligent fans like yourselves. You guys speak English too.
I'm afraid my Rage 128 Pro graphics card saids no.

Citrinate

Post by Citrinate » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:41 pm

If anyone does plan on playing, most of us English speakers are going to be on the "2.[布馬伺服器]" server (info on how to select your server here).

For anyone new to DBO, most of the leveling is done through quests and most of the quests are completed with the aid of the in-game quest helper. There's a bit more information that will help you find your objectives more quickly and give you some tips on how to complete the very few quests that have unique objectives here.

Skill translations can be found here. I'm still in the process of updating the skills (which will be done before the beta opens on the 15th), but even when I'm done only the level 1 versions of each skill will be accurate. That's still enough to let you know exactly what the skills do, but not enough if you want to get into any sort of theory-crafting with builds.

There's also an English UI patch for the game here.
Last edited by Citrinate on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkGokuZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by DarkGokuZ » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:28 am

All right! I just made an account, and soon we can play it. :shock:

I can't wait! Thanks for the info!
digireign wrote: I vote to call it "Super Cyan."

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:18 am

I had some trouble getting the game to run today during the create a character pre-event thing, so I ended up making multiple accounts. Its a good thing I did too, as I ended up not liking one of the characters I created, and I couldn't go back and edit their eyes after I confirmed the name. So I used my second account to create the characters the way I wanted them, and before I could finish the second character they shut down the event. xD Either way, it isn't long until we're able to play, so I'm kind of looking forward to it.

(I hope my computer holds out during the game. It plays most other ones fine, but I suppose only time will tell.)

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:19 pm

I still dont know how to make an account :( (I feel so n00bish right now...)
-凯