Dragon Box Z Volume Six Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Box Z Volume Six Discussion

Post by thedarkuniter » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:32 pm

^ I hate that for the new boxes. I accidently put in the wrong disc thanks to that design. Also, as shown in my video, my Dragon Box came with a clipped case. I'm not going to take it back or anything but I'm a little disappointed and its only now that I gotten over it. :(
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:35 pm

You can always just put the order of discs in the same placement as the previous boxes, no?
So mondo lame.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Argh, yeah. The disc order thing...just irrates me. >_<
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Eh, it's a simple fix. Funi may have simply had a different person overseeing the disc placement. I changed mine in under a minute.

EDIT- ARGH! Just realized that the disc books actually label which disc goes where. Okay, that IS frustrating. A minor screw up, really, but still friggin annoying.
Last edited by Eddie on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 pm

That looks sweet, pity about the disc arrangement though, but nothing too major. I also like how most if not all the disc artwork resembles what's on the Japanese discs.

Zestanor
Regular

Post by Zestanor » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 pm

From the unboxing video, I am somewhat surprised that Mr. Simmons kept "Kibit" for Dragon Book. But I guess since they can't go back and change it to "Kibito" in the subtitles, they don't want to change it in the Dragon Book and be inconsistent.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 pm

The disc placement thing is weird. I wonder why they would change that at such a late point in the release of the sets. While it's annoying, it certainly doesn't affect the video quality, which is after all the real reason for buying these.

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 pm

It reminds me of Kai and its music replacement. Why did Toei choose to change it two episodes away from the end? The same question pops up for FUNimation and their disc placement for the Dragon Box sets.
So mondo lame.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:18 am

GotenDaisuki wrote:It reminds me of Kai and its music replacement. Why did Toei choose to change it two episodes away from the end? The same question pops up for FUNimation and their disc placement for the Dragon Box sets.
I don't think FUNimation was facing potential legal trouble with their disc placement...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:25 am

Metalwario64 wrote:I don't think FUNimation was facing potential legal trouble with their disc placement...
Yeah, but it just reminds me of what happened to Kai. Of course they did it of their own accord. Toei had no choice.
So mondo lame.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:38 am

TripleRach wrote:They changed the disc order! The discs go left-to-right instead of right-to-left now. But I can easily correct that myself as I start watching it, I guess. I probably won't have a chance to watch until later this week, though. :(
While I'm actually keeping my Dragon Boxes for display, I put all my DVDs in binders to save space, so this has no effect on me. Like the others though, I do find it kind of odd.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
GotenDaisuki wrote:It reminds me of Kai and its music replacement. Why did Toei choose to change it two episodes away from the end? The same question pops up for FUNimation and their disc placement for the Dragon Box sets.
I don't think FUNimation was facing potential legal trouble with their disc placement...
Oh on the contrary. Couldn't having a right to left disc placement lead to serious litigation? :lol:

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Disc placement is off?! Why can't Funimation ever be consistent with their Dragonball Z releases?

Pioneer/Funi DVD Singles
Only released Saiyan Conflict and Namek Saga

DBZ Funi Singles
All Sagas released except Saiyan and Namek Saga

Ultimate Uncut DVD's
Cancelled

Orange Bricks
Awful presentation

Dragonball Z Kai
Music Score

Dragon Box Z
Disc placement off

I do agree that the discs being off is pretty annoying, but if the worst thing that will happen to this release is the discs being off, then I'll be a happy camper.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Drabaz wrote:Dragon Box Z
Disc placement off
We should boycott until they get their shit together.

Or not, I can't wait for this, and I just got a new TV... it's an old one, but it's new to me, and it can be switched to NTSC and it's about an inch bigger than my last one.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:34 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Then again...this is the most boring part of the series music-wise and also coincides with the best looking season set releases. Meh, I'll just wait until the inevitable "SUPER DELUXE DRAGON BOX REMASTER WITH ALL OF THE AUDIO TRACKS" release.
Not to be a party pooper, but I highly doubt the dragon boxes are going to get a re-release anytime soon.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Budogenkai wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Then again...this is the most boring part of the series music-wise and also coincides with the best looking season set releases. Meh, I'll just wait until the inevitable "SUPER DELUXE DRAGON BOX REMASTER WITH ALL OF THE AUDIO TRACKS" release.
Not to be a party pooper, but I highly doubt the dragon boxes are going to get a re-release anytime soon.
I agree, especially considering the Dragon Box sets are marketed as "limited releases".
So mondo lame.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:02 pm

GotenDaisuki wrote:
Budogenkai wrote:
I agree, especially considering the Dragon Box sets are marketed as "limited releases".
Of course, this is FUNimation. I would be surprised if they didn't rerelease the Dragon Boxes in budget packaging.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Drabaz wrote:Disc placement is off?! Why can't Funimation ever be consistent with their Dragonball Z releases?
Dragonball Z Kai
Music Score
While there does seem to be a trend here, I have to come to Funimation's defense here at point out that they had absolutely no choice on the music change. That was all Toei's doing.

Also the orange bricks were consistent. They consistently sucked. :lol:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:Of course, this is FUNimation. I would be surprised if they didn't rerelease the Dragon Boxes in budget packaging.
That would actually be pretty nice. That way if any disc gets scratched up or broken somehow, it would be easily replaceable, especially considering these are limited releases.
Last edited by Metalwario64 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Or maybe they'll take the same approach as Toei and release Dragon Box singles.
So mondo lame.