DragonBall Z Kai - Cable TV Version (NickToons)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MetroidJunkie
Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Kai - Cable TV Version (NickToons)

Post by MetroidJunkie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Nicktoons finally.... sort of allows a stabbing of some kind. May not seem like much, but it's progress.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:20 pm

MetroidJunkie wrote:This is unfortunate, the human absorption was almost completely clipped. Atleast they were considerate enough to leave in the hand?

http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=b7xabq&s=7
I can't be the only bastard that will also laugh at the way Piccolo eyes move when he looks back to Cell?
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

MetroidJunkie
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetroidJunkie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:25 pm

SRB2Unleashed wrote:
MetroidJunkie wrote:This is unfortunate, the human absorption was almost completely clipped. Atleast they were considerate enough to leave in the hand?

http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=b7xabq&s=7
I can't be the only bastard that will also laugh at the way Piccolo eyes move when he looks back to Cell?
Now that you mention it, I see what you mean. XD

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:25 am

Are you guys sure that Dameon Clarke is playing Cell? I was under the impression that Travis Willingham was going to be taking over Clarke's role. For a couple reasons.

1) Clarke stopped voicing Cell several games ago (and was replaced by Willingham).
2) He didn't return to play Scar for FMA Brotherhood. It seems odd that he would return for one role, but not for the other.
3) Easily the least reliable piece of evidence, but many sites already started listing Willingham as having replaced Clarke in Kai. Like I said, though, that's pretty weak--it could easily be that they simply jumped the gun a bit.

So....yeah, what's up?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:17 pm

It's definitely Clarke playing Cell, if you listen closely you can definitely recognize his voice.

Also, the credits listed Cell as "Dartinian Nickelback" which is Clarke's pseudoname.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:25 pm

MetalMadness wrote:It's definitely Clarke playing Cell, if you listen closely you can definitely recognize his voice.

Also, the credits listed Cell as "Dartinian Nickelback" which is Clarke's pseudoname.
Hmmm.....it's odd that he would suddenly come back to FUNimation for that one role after all these years. I'm not complaining, just very surprised. Usually when someone leaves a role in voice acting, it means they never come back. I guess this has proven to be one of the rare exceptions.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:44 pm

I have no idea why they changed the font for the TV version, but I just noticed the font they used on the home version is the same as they use on the Ultimate Uncut Edition DVDs:

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Yea, I noticed this when I did that FUNimation VS. FUNimation feature showing the different Dead Zone releases. The credits on the UUC release also uses this font too, it wasn't just for the title cards. It has bothered me ever since. :?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 pm

"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:21 pm

I saw it. Dameon Clarke's Cell was really good in this episode. The only problem I have is Sonny Strait mispronouncing Kamehameha. He says Kamihamiha (in Japanese pronunciation of course). Sabat says it right, Schemmel says it right even Clarke says it right, so what gives?
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:28 pm

The only real issue I have is that there is a bit too much music this time.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:The only real issue I have is that there is a bit too much music this time.
What bugs me the most is that they are still using the mono-mixed version of M1801 from DBZ BGM Collection despite the availability of the stereo version on Movie 10 soundtrack. They've never used pieces on other soundtrack CD releases such as Ongakushuu, stand-alone Broly movie soundtracks, and DB&DBZ Daizenshuu. Maybe they are knowledgeless enough to think that DBZ BGM collection contains everything ever released. In addition, if they intend to use such a mono-mixed piece, I wonder why they don't use other mono pieces such as M814 and M1109

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 am

Nicktoons seemed to keep Cell stabbing a football player. Also I think Cell says something like "I know Kaioken and Spirit Bomb". Always thought it made sense that Cell knew Kaioken.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

MetroidJunkie
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetroidJunkie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:Nicktoons seemed to keep Cell stabbing a football player. Also I think Cell says something like "I know Kaioken and Spirit Bomb". Always thought it made sense that Cell knew Kaioken.
To be fair, though, it was a stabbing from behind that didn't REALLY show it. XD

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm

It's still being called the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, rather than Room Of Spirit & Time
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:33 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:It's still being called the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, rather than Room Of Spirit & Time
Saw that coming from a mile away. It doesn't bother me really. There is a chance that The Room of Spirit and Time will be left in on the home video release.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:43 pm

Sabat's Vegeta felt somewhat more forced than usual to me in the most recent episode...

Ryken100

Post by Ryken100 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:11 pm

So they showed Piccolo punching 17 in the face in episode 72, interesting. Wish they would bring back the mentions of death like they did in the saiyan saga.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Sabat's Vegeta felt somewhat more forced than usual to me in the most recent episode...
I actually thought his Piccolo was more off. In the scene when Piccolo's getting all pissed off while watching the news about Cell on TV right before the Androids show up, he sounded more like Vegeta.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:12 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Sabat's Vegeta felt somewhat more forced than usual to me in the most recent episode...
I actually thought his Piccolo was more off. In the scene when Piccolo's getting all pissed off while watching the news about Cell on TV right before the Androids show up, he sounded more like Vegeta.
Look at the date of my post. :wink:

When I posted that, I was referring to the episode where Piccolo explained to everyone who Cell was, and then Vegeta in a rage stated he would ascend and then he left. At least during that scene he sounded pretty forced, and almost like dub Vegeta from Z's dub around this point in the series.
Pokewhiz7 wrote:I have no idea why they changed the font for the TV version, but I just noticed the font they used on the home version is the same as they use on the Ultimate Uncut Edition DVDs:
I just love how red and black the UUE's theme was... Really reminded me of the Virtual Boy! :lol: