Does anyone have this "rare" fan magazine?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

just_bri

Does anyone have this "rare" fan magazine?

Post by just_bri » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:09 pm

First off, hi!! I'm new...and I think I'm putting this in the right forum. (I had talked to Vegex a while ago about this, but I don't think he knew where to find it. ^^;)

Anyways...a few years ago, I was in a supermarket and I found a DBZ magazine (I'm pretty sure it was fanmade).

Inside the magazine, there were cutouts for all the main DBZ guys (Vegeta, Goku, Krillin..). But the thing that made it really unique was that, instead of "putting clothes on the characters"...all of the guys were bald, and you had to put the correct hair pieces on their heads. (xD) I SWEAR to you, I'm not making this up!!!!

I was broke when I saw it, and when I finally had money/my mom went back to that store, it was already gone. But surely, SOMEONE bought this magazine. Or at least knows what magazine it is.

Any help and/or scans of this booklet would be aappreciated (^^). I could even give you something else that's "rare" and DB-related in exchange...

[!--RANDOM COMMENT--]
<sidetracks>
...there should be a "BAD Bootlegs" section on this site (I think Temple O' Trunks has one...but it also featured decent bootlegs. And besides, her site is not Daizenshuu EX. 'Cuz it's named differently. xD)

(shares her Bootleg Story)

A few years ago, before I brutally destroyed it (xD - I was a bored/violent child), I had a Dragoonball -- yes, Dragoonball -- GT figure of SSJ3 Goku. And he had PINK fur. (also, whenever I put him and my 2 Barbie dolls together in a drawer, they'd roll around and somehow end up in "compromising" situations...once, they each had a hand on his crotch, and he was holding both of them by the waist. And I SWEAR to you, all I did was put them in a drawer...I didn't pose them or anything. o_O)

</sidetrack>
[!--END RANDOM COMMENT--]

............Yeah, I went off topic a bit. But if anyone has/can find that scary DBZ magazine, please let me know!! =D
~Aloha!! =D

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:14 pm

I picked up some Dragoonball figures in New York a few years back. They're totally awesome. In a "the paint fell off that afternoon" kind of way.

But yeah. Anyone? Magazine?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

just_bri

Post by just_bri » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:19 pm

I won my "action figure" at a carnival. And instead of listening to my friend and "keeping it as evidence", I decided to make it red. You know, its correct color. I used nail polish...and I think it ate away at the plastic. And then it broke. 'Cuz I dropped it and my dog attacked it. xD

Ahh, good times... u_u (nods)
~Aloha!! =D

Mike D
Regular

Re: Does anyone have this "rare" fan magazine?

Post by Mike D » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:26 pm

just_bri wrote:Inside the magazine, there were cutouts for all the main DBZ guys (Vegeta, Goku, Krillin..). But the thing that made it really unique was that, instead of "putting clothes on the characters"...all of the guys were bald, and you had to put the correct hair pieces on their heads. (xD) I SWEAR to you, I'm not making this up!!!!
You might be talking about Beckett Collector. I used to get them shits on the regular back in the day. When I find one of my old ones, I'm gonna post some pictures.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:21 am

Yes, I remember Beckett always had silly games like that and there was one where they made the characters bald and you had to match them with their hair. So I think Mike D is correct about that.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:37 am

I actually have a magazine tucked away somewhere that has one of those. If I can get a scanner sometime...I'll hook you up.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:08 am

There was a magazine released in Britain, I think in 1998. Three supposed issues, I only bought two and these two were exactly the same as each other; both featuring nothing but character bios (despite that they had already written about that character) and featured images of Dragon Ball figures of characters fans in the States had never even seen, nevermind heard of (i.e. Gotenks and Hildegarn), heck they had pictures of Digimon toys. The first issue was done by a group called "The Ghost Masters" and the magazine seemed to have originated from America. I'll tell you something, the front cover of the first issue was badly made in Publisher with some glaring WordArt and badly resized images.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:55 am

I actually have a fair number of Beckett magazines still in pretty good condition, if anyone's interested in buying them, just PM me. I actually have the magazine just-bri may be speaking of, interesting because it shows Ox King without his helmet on. :shock:
14 years later