Your inside "fanon" things

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Your inside "fanon" things

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:30 am

Saimaroimaru wrote:That Dodoria and Zarbon are of the same race except unlike Zarbon, Dodoria does not care about looking good so he stays in his transformed state.
Hmm, I rather tie Dodoria in together with Dorodabo, Abo, Kado, and Aka...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:45 am

I like to believe that Trunks is Freeza´s reincarnation.
-凯

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Trunks from Cell's timeline didn't die, he just got knocked unconscious and woke up a few days later :D

Movie 7 takes place in the timeline that the Trunks from Cell's timeline went to initially.

Also, Bulma's parents have some sort of anti-aging gene that they pass onto Bulma, explaining why despite being 3 years older than Chi-Chi, the only thing about her that looks old at the end of Z is her hairstyle and fashion sense, whereas Chi-Chi looks about 70.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:04 pm

Just some I've always kept in mind:
  • King Vegeta and Bardock are descendants of the Legendary Super Saiyan in some form or another, but never found the need in training to become SSJ unlike Vegeta and Goku. Bardock is lazy, and King Vegeta is too busy with other things to fight. (Either that or recessive genes only came up in Vegeta and Goku)
  • Freeza's planet is either called "Planet Chill," or "Planet Cold" named after his father. Their people are called Chillians (Chill-jinn) or Coldians (Cold-jinn)
  • Neko Majin Z is canon, and Vegeta just pretended to be a servant of Freeza under Goku's orders to train Z. Kuriza and Onio were just out of date on Freeza's death and thought he was legit. His phone call was from Bulma/Goku.
  • Speaking of Neko Majin, Honey's clothing in Neko Majin Z 1 is actually meant to be female (or non-fighter) Saiyan armor.
  • All Dragonball official material exists in a multiverse similar to the Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, including Dragonball Evolution.
  • The anime actually exists in a universe that is heavily flawed in design, and all the events of the mainline story + fillers and some of the movies exist in a single canon, where contradictions is just a feature of this universe itself. However the movies that can't work just go on branching timelines.
  • SSJ1 is the only "real" SSJ form, while the others are just expansions. SSJ2 is refinement of SSJ1, but SSJ3 is just taking it too far (even though it's needed in defeating Boo). SSJ2 however is perfection of SSJ1.

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:17 pm

What I see nowadays...

*I see the Freeza saga as the ending of the series. Although it's abrupt, I think it works and it's not like the Boo saga ended any more abruptly anyway. It also ends open-ended enough for one to speculate what happens next.

* I see most filler as canon as long as it doesn't create continuity/plot-holes and as long as it moves the story, characters etc. forward.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

Satan-Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Satan-Sama » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:09 am

Tien and Chaozu choose to be so reclusive and never hang out with the DB gang because Tien is so disillusioned by the fact that everyone has befriended Vegeta. Since after all Tien refuses to forgive Vegeta for his sins well that and they are homosexuals, it is just too obvious.

I also like to believe that Chaozu never surpassed Raditz in power, after all he is a pathetic little doll/clown-like-looking mother fucker.

Marron grows up to be a raging drug addict and possibly a stripper due to her dysfunctional household growing up. I mean come on, her mom is an android, her dad is a pussy, she lives with a perverted old man who may possibly have pedophile tenancies (maybe a stretch, but not much of one) and her best friend is a goddamn turtle!

Mr. Popo was easily the strongest character, he was just too damn lazy to do anything about Majin Buu or Cell and he gets a good kick out of watching everything go down, since they do not have TV at Kami's Lookout.

Uub is not the reincarnation of Majin Buu, Goku just needed an excuse to get the hell out of dodge! He did this by heavily suppressing his power, making it seem like the little guy was putting up a decent fight at the 28th Tenkaichi Budoukai. So obviously DBGT would be non-canon.

Also North Kaio eventually snaps and kills his three other counterparts in their sleep because he had enough of their teasing.

Lastly (for now), Senzu Beans are not the only thing Korin grows :wink: Why do you think Yajirobe decides to live there for the remainder of his life? Magical beans ain't the reason. The fool has all the characteristics of a pothead. Also why else do you think Korin can never open his eyes? The cat is stoned out of his mind all the time!
Last edited by Satan-Sama on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
KRILLIN'S IN DA HOUSE!
AND HE IS LOOKING MONDO COOL!
SO DON'T BE CRAMPIN' HIS STYLE!

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:25 am

Satan-Sama wrote:Tenshinhan and Chaozu choose to be so reclusive and never hang out with the DB gang because Tenshinhan is so disillusioned by the fact that everyone has befriended Vegeta. Since after all Tenshinhan refuses to forgive Vegeta for his sins well that and they are homosexuals, it is just too obvious.
I'm almost 100% sure Toriyama had something like that in mind based on how Tenshinhan constantly reacted around Vegeta throughout the Android/Cell Saga...minus the gay part.

I always thought he was reclusive cause he was desperately trying to become stronger than Goku.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:08 am

Mr. Popo was easily the strongest character, he was just too damn lazy to do anything about Majin Buu or Cell and he gets a good kick out of watching everything go down, since they do not have TV at Kami's Lookout.
They do, kind of.

酷签名

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:02 am

Just to rattle off a few that I might edit/add to later:

=>Dragonball takes place in China as well as India/Pakistan/the other -stans of the USSR.

=> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hui_people is interesting food for thought as to why there would be Muslims in this "Chinese influenced" anime.

To be honest I don't know to what extent Toriyama-sensei was thinking when he made the anime, so all this can ever be is speculation. Very interesting though...
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 am

Bardock the Mexican wrote:JTo be honest I don't know to what extent Toriyama-sensei was thinking when he made the anime, so all this can ever be is speculation. Very interesting though...
Toriyama didn't make the anime...
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 am

AgitoZ wrote:
Bardock the Mexican wrote:JTo be honest I don't know to what extent Toriyama-sensei was thinking when he made the anime, so all this can ever be is speculation. Very interesting though...
Toriyama didn't make the anime...
:oops:

That explains a lot actually.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Satan-Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Satan-Sama » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Dorexx wrote:
They do, kind of.

Oh that old thing? Tien brought that from his hut
KRILLIN'S IN DA HOUSE!

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Oh that old thing? Tenshinhan brought that from his hut
Kaio has the same model in Movie 9.

Maybe when someone becomes a deity they are given a bunch of stuff along with a crappy TV just for the hell of it.
酷签名

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Why do people want to switch around the numbers of the movie androids? And why are they saying there are manga versions? I think I'm just misunderstanding.

Also,
Tenshinhan > Krillin > Yamucha > Uub (when they first meet him) > Chaozu > Son Gohan > Roshi > Videl > Yajirobe > Chichi (sorry Rocketman...) > Satan > [all other tournament fighters, Ox King somewhere in here] > Farmer w/Shotgun.

I could probably be easily persuaded out of some of those, but my top 2 are definitely there.

Also, Popo is the strongest fighter in the universe, but isn't capable of defending earth, simply because his god-given duties are to keep the vegetation on top of the heavenly realm nice and watered.

Satan-Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Satan-Sama » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:39 am

batistabus wrote:Also, Popo is the strongest fighter in the universe, but isn't capable of defending earth, simply because his god-given duties are to keep the vegetation on top of the heavenly realm nice and watered.
Well that and he likes to watch the maggots suffer. 8)
KRILLIN'S IN DA HOUSE!

Nineteen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nineteen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:12 am

I can sub-divide this question in a number of ways:

Battle Power

[*] None of the base Saiyans ever went much beyond a power level in the low double-digit of millions.

Rationale: I like nice, rounded conservative estimates, and I also use the steady SEG multipliers. If base Goku at the end of Dragonball Z even rivaled 50% Freeza's battle power of 60,000,000, that would push his SSJ1 form to around 3,000,000,000. That might not be unbelievable to anyone who holds to an exponential-growth theory of power, but I don't, as I'll show in the following examples.

[*] You don't have to be multiple times stronger than an enemy to curbstomp them.

Rationale: This is borne out in canon several times, though the only example we have of actually battle powers to go along with this is the final battle between SSJ Goku and 100% Freeza, and their respective power levels. Goku was exactly 1.25x stronger than Freeza and was absolutely whaling on him even at his maximum power. Because this shows that a high-end character can still be in the same 'league' as his opponent without necessarily being in the same 'ballpark', I tend to believe that a lot of later examples of mostly one-sided fights actually are fought between opponents who, if you worked out the actual difference between their battle powers (provided you had their powers to work out), would seem much closer than they actually are. The actually reason for the gross disparity in 'apparent' versus 'real' strength is because...

[*] While raw battle power 'numbers' are linear, the actual feats one can accomplish with a higher battle power grow exponentially.

Rationale: Using the above example, SSJ Goku was, again, only one and a quarter times stronger than 100% Freeza. What this means in my system however is that if, for example, Freeza were physically capable of lifting 500 tons with one hand (to use an easily-manageable number; I think they're actually both much stronger), Goku would consequentially be able to lift 620.5 tons single-handedly. Unlike the above example, there's little concrete proof to back it up, but it helps me, in a roundabout way, to both keep battle powers rationally small without nerfing fighters in the later arcs. This extends to speed, durability, and so on.

[*] The first person to cross the one billion battle power mark is Perfect Cell

Rationale: None out of canon, really. But I'm not comfortable with having Cell either so much stronger than the Freeza-arc fighters that he could destroy them by powering up or conversely with nerfing him to make them seem more impressive. Cell 'seems' to me to be ten to twelve times stronger than Freeza, and it makes sense that a new big bad would reach a new symbolic plateau of power.

[*] #17 and #18 were no weaker in the future than they were in the present, and both are about twice as strong as Freeza.

Rationale: This is really two pieces of fanon merged into one, with the former having more support than the later. Let me deal with them one at a time.

1. Trunks makes the claim that the androids of the present were stronger, but he'd be in utterly no position to judge, given his complete inability to sense their ki. There are definitely reasons why the 'present' androids would be less inclined to hold back in combat with the Z Fighters, however - Goku was dead in the future, mitigating their purpose and leaving them with an eternity of boredom to look forward to. In the present, Goku was alive, if momentarily incapacitated, and thus it became more urgent to attack the Z Fighters with their full power.

Likewise - and this ties into the second subdivision - the present androids don't particularly have any higher-end feats than the ones from Trunks' timeline. Future Gohan is usually agreed to be around Goku's strength on Namek, give or take, and while he did no better than a SSJ Vegeta who is often taken to be slightly stronger than that, the future androids were also using only half of their power.

2. Likewise, I think that an equivalent battle power of between 220,000,000 and 280,000,000 makes the most sense for the androids, given the fact that a Gohan of around SSJ Goku's power (150,000,000) was able, with great exertion, to hold his own in combat against the pair when they were using only half of their power. I tend to peg #18 as having a power equivalent to about 260,000,000 and her brother as being around 280,000,000, which would put #18 as having a "suppressed" battle power equivalent to 135,000,000, and #17 one equivalent to 140,000,000 - both of which should be survivable by a Super Saiyan around Goku's Namek-arc power level, but not one that would be comfortable at all to him. Your mileage may vary by the exact numbers, but I cannot rationalize their powers being equivalent to a much higher battle power (I've seen lists where they're in the 500-600 million range, which I reserve for the likes of Semi-Perfect Cell).

(And, yeah, I'm aware that the two have no ki at all. When I say "equivalent", it's equivalent to the maximum amount of energy they're capable of producing by my reckoning converted into ki and based on their demonstrated feats.)

[*] There is a minimum power threshold required to attain Super Saiyan, and it's greater than 180,000 and less than 3,000,000.

Rationale: Self-explanatory. Vegeta during the battle against Freeza was stronger than Goku's maximum when he fought Ginyu, was constantly enraged, and still failed to attain it. This tells me two things: that Vegeta wasn't meeting some pre-requisite to be a legitimate Super Saiyan, and that pre-zenkai Goku probably couldn't have become one, either. And since I don't see much character development between then and the time Vegeta actually comes on that would give him "purity of heart" where none previously existed, I have to chalk it up to an absence of power.
Continuity

Continuity

[*] Neither GT or DBO are canon, but both have ideas which have ended up incorporated into my personal continuity.

Rationale: To be frank, I think both of them are terrible ways to continue the series, but both have decent ideas unfortunately tethered to their miserable execution.

[*] Neither is the animated special

Rationale: Because it's awful.

[*] Where anime filler does not outright contradict the manga, it is incorporated into my own continuity.

Rationale: While a lot of the filler is terrible, some of it - like Vegeta and Nappa's stop on Arlia or the battle against the phantom Saiyans by the humans - ranks with some of my favorite material. I see no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater, and have adopted Lucasfilm's 'tiered' continuity system, where some things can be "more canon" than others of the same canon grade, depending on how badly in contradicts the source material.

End-of-series Human Power Levels

[*] Tenshinhan - 135,000
[*] Krillin - 110,000
[*] Yamcha - 65,000
[*] Chaiotzu - 13,000

Rationale: Mostly because I think the idea that they reached a million or higher is nonsensical, but the notion they are perpetually trapped in the sub-100,000 range is annoying as well.
Dr. Gero: I cleared the area of innocents, in accordance with your wishes. Do you disagree with my methods?
Goku: Grr...leave these people out of this!
Android 19: There are no people left to leave out.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:42 pm

I guess I can throw some fanon concerning Battle Powers out there as well.

All beings have a limit to the power they can acquire.
  • 1) The limit of a Pure Earthling is a Battle Power of 1 million. Though since they don't use efficient ways of gaining power no one in the series actually get close to that.
  • 2) Namekians reach their limit at a Battle Power multiple times greater than Freeza's, but less than First Form Cell's. Though merging with eachother greatly increases their potential.
  • 3) A Pure Saiyan reaches his absolute limit with Super Saiyan 3.
  • 4) Half Saiyan/Half Earthlings have more potential than Pure Saiyans and Earthlings, so their absolute limit is much higher than that, approaching the base power of a Pure Saiyan, who has merged via the Potara Earrings. Gohan got taken to his maximum.
  • 5) A Pure Saiyan born through the magic of the Potara Earrings starts out with a base power much higher than the limit of a regular Pure Saiyan. His limit would then be his SSJ 3. A Half Saiyan born through the same means would obviously have a limit much higher than that.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:05 am

I'll post some of my Battle Power-related fanon as well.

1. When Boo absorbed Gohan HIS potential was also unlocked through Gohan's power-up and he got a ridiculously gargantuan increase that pushed him beyond Base Vegetto.
2. Every single power related statement in the Daizenshuu and the Super Exciting Guide is true.
3. The normal Kaio-ken is only a 1.5x increase.
4. Full Power Perfect Cell is the first solar system buster, Gohan-Boo is a galaxy buster, Vegetto and GT Goku are universe busters, and Yi Xing Long is a multiverse buster.
5. Pure Boo didn't use his full power until the Genki Dama and is actually way, way stronger than Goku and even Gotenks and Gohan.
6. Teen Gohan is stronger than Chibi Gohan.
7. Pan inherited Gohan's power-up and thus has FP SSjin power in her "base" form.
8. King Cold and Mecha-Freeza were both at full power when Trunks killed them.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Sunlight & City Night
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sunlight & City Night » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:12 am

I believe Gohan was never taught the Kaio-ken by Goku because a childs body can't handel it.
"HEAD CHA LA!"
------------------------
DBO - Pauten - Server 1
------------------------
http://sonpauten.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=539041065
http://twitter.com/#!/sonPauten

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:36 am

The namkians used to abuse the power of the DB's and the natural disaster was punishment and ever since they never used wishes for their own benefit.
Piccolo has yet to reach his full potential, seeing as how his natural life span is a few hundred years and he has lived only 30 years of it. He has plenty of time to catch up to anybody 8)
There are quite a few other full bloodeed saiyans out there but they are keeping a low profile.