DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mckeg

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussio

Post by mckeg » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:53 am

I hope the Goku riding on Kintoun in the centre of the spread, is the actual player model and not just "mag art", that style of texturing looks fantastic!

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Eh, I might skip this one.

QTEs are what really pissed me off about Budokai 3, and the camera-angle whoring is what pissed me off about the Sparking! and Raging Blast series. The way after the side-view camera, you engage melee combat and the camera changes once again, just seems forced and confusing.

This game really should not have 'Tenkaichi' in the title. That implies it has some relation to the Sparking! games... which, aside from the character models seems to not be the case.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 am

As long as the quick time events aren't as completely pointless as they were in Raging Blast 2, I don't mind much.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:22 am

Thanos wrote:This game really should not have 'Tenkaichi' in the title. That implies it has some relation to the Sparking! games... which, aside from the character models seems to not be the case.
It reminds me of how "Budokai" shouldn't have been in the name of the Sparking games.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Patient-mental
Beyond Newbie

Post by Patient-mental » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 am

Looks like the video game companies have started to use the Dragon Ball Wikia as their source for information. :wink:

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Pretty sure the name comes from trying to capitalize on that previous series' success.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Patient-mental wrote:Looks like the video game companies have started to use the Dragon Ball Wikia as their source for information. :wink:
Links?
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

Shin_Chou_Senshi

Post by Shin_Chou_Senshi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanos wrote:Eh, I might skip this one.

QTEs are what really pissed me off about Budokai 3, and the camera-angle whoring is what pissed me off about the Sparking! and Raging Blast series. The way after the side-view camera, you engage melee combat and the camera changes once again, just seems forced and confusing.

This game really should not have 'Tenkaichi' in the title. That implies it has some relation to the Sparking! games... which, aside from the character models seems to not be the case.

You haven't played the game yourself. Don't make such a bold statement. What's the point in rushing a decision like that ? I never heard anyone complain about dynamic camera angles.... I can honestly say when it comes to the DBZ community. I HAVEN'T heard it all. There's always somthing new getting pulled from the clouds to complain about. :lol:
" I may treasure peace, but I am VERY GOOD at makin' war. " -Ororo Munroe codename: Storm

" DBZ fans are sadly their own worst enemies. They take hardcore to unrealistic heights. IT'S OVER NI... you know. " (--_-- ) -Shin_Chou_Senshi

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:05 pm

@Shin Cho Senshi
Going by your logic than its also to early to consider buying the game because you havent played it either. :lol:
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Shin_Chou_Senshi wrote:
Thanos wrote:Eh, I might skip this one.

You haven't played the game yourself. Don't make such a bold statement. What's the point in rushing a decision like that ? I never heard anyone complain about dynamic camera angles.... I can honestly say when it comes to the DBZ community. I HAVEN'T heard it all. There's always somthing new getting pulled from the clouds to complain about. :lol:
I will. In RB2 they are p**sing me off. Almost on every fight, the back of my character come all over the screen and I don't see anything until someone starts to beating me :D
I didn't have complain about BT3, but lot of people seems to.....
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikezilla2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Okay, so what do we now know that we didn't before the first page?

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks go to Guillaume Lhermet on facebook in the DBZ UT facebook group for finding and translating it.

Source: http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/act ... uki-Kaneko

Interview & Koji Nakajima Hiroyuki Kaneko

There are series like that, that continue to thrill fans for years after the grand finale. There you have several choices, but the two that come to mind are inevitably Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball. This is great, because Namco Bandai is present on Japan Expo, which acquired its two licenses. Here is our interview with the producers of the next installment in DB: Tenkaichi Dragon Ball Z Ultimate, scheduled for October 28 on the HD consoles.

Can you introduce yourself and describe your background?

I'm Hiroyuki Kaneko, producer Spike society that deals with this new game Dragon Ball. I'm Koji Nakajima, producer of the Ultimate Dragon Ball Tenkaichi.

In terms of gameplay, what are the main innovations of the game compared to previous parts Tenkaichi?

Kaneko-san: The game will be much more simple and accessible. The goal is to reach younger and older people. Ultimate Dragon Ball Tenkaichi further includes introducing a new mode of giant characters like Vegeta changing gorilla.

Can you tell us about the number of characters? In the previous installment Tenkaichi, there were already a lot ... Do we discover the characters ever seen so far?

Kaneko-san: All the characters in Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT will be present, as well as many bosses as Vegeta gorilla. But we do not yet know how many playable characters there will be exactly.

Akira Toriyama been involved in some way this game?

Nakajima-san: Mr. Toriyama follows far the development of the game knows that we are among its biggest fans, we are so confident. We have had contact with him, but we have not really worked together.

Ultimate Tenkaichi Dragon Ball includes a special mode for, from what we read, learn Dragon Ball in a different light. Can you tell us more?

Nakajima-san: A new combo system was set up in this album. We can not say more for now, but it is this new system will change the looks of the players.

What are your favorite characters?

Nakajima-san: Piccolo. (Laughs)
Kaneko-san: Yamcha. (Laughs)

Will he animated sequences in the game?
Nakajima-san: Yes, absolutely.

In Ultimate Tenkaichi Dragon Ball, the sets will be destructible. They are restored during the fight? Their destruction has an impact on the gameplay?

Nakajima-san: The whole environment can be destroyed. This does not restore. For example, if a Kamehameha destroy a mountain, the scenery is well throughout the fight. One of the novelties of this album is that it can see the craters appear everywhere, and to finish a fight in a totally different map after being destroyed.

Question a little more personal: the manga or the anime Dragon Ball have they impacted your life?

Nakajima-san: I was reading and watching Dragon Ball was young. And Then when I was playing video games, I thought he really had me working on video game Dragon Ball. It is a vocation since I was child.

Are there any other manga, Dragon Ball except that you appreciate?

Nakajima-san: One Piece (everyone laughs).

Dragon Ball is a popular license in Japan and France. Do you feel a particular pressure to adapt this license?
Nakajima-san: I'm very happy to come to France to Japan Expo to present this game, and there's really no pressure. This is the second time I come to Paris.

During the interview, members of the staff were playing Namco Bandai Dragon Ball Ultimate Tenkaichi behind us. This allowed us to see that the game provided a very large depth of field (the management of distance will be capital) and the fact that the fighting against the giant characters, including Vegeta gorilla ahead impressive. You'll also notice that in the event Namco Bandai, Nakajima-san said that the game would cover the beginning of Dragon Ball Z to the end of the arc Boo. However, Hiroyuki Kaneko us well said that the characters in Dragon Ball GT (which is a specific part of the anime) would be present. This announces a range of characters especially important! Namco Bandai seems to really be attached to the games we offer the most complete possible. As Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, the Ultimate Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi therefore include a number of playable characters among the highest in a fighting game in recent years (as already included in Raging Blast 2 over 90, it has been almost afraid .. .). What meet the fans, no doubt!

Thanks to Namco Bandai, Hiroyuki Kaneko and Koji Nakajima.

Source: http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/act ... uki-Kaneko

Thanks go to Guillaume Lhermet on facebook in the DBZ UT facebook group for finding and translating it.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:31 pm

That interview contradicts previous information we've had about the game...and I don't think its the translations fault.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:06 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:That interview contradicts previous information we've had about the game...and I don't think its the translations fault.
Contradicts what?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:20 am

Well, the interview really only covers one topic. lol (Not literally.) Anyway, granted it wasn't the interviewee that said half this, but the writer had to get that impression from somewhere.

The interviewee tells us that "All the characters in Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT will be present". Not that I'm taking that literally, but after the interview, the article writer seems confused. He compares Ultimate Tenkaichi's roster to NUNS Generations and suggests a really large roster just based off the 100 we had in RB2. So he seem to be under the impression that however many new characters the game adds, they will be added onto those we already had. We know that isn't the case though...the video interview already confirmed cuts of about 30 characters from RB2. The roster may still be bigger than last game, since they are adding in GT, but they still cut a lot of characters.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:53 am

We've seen just about every character possible(cept for Farmer with a Shotgun damnit!) in previous games. There is no way we are going to see new characters unless they build them from scratch and that's where the "create-a-character" comes in. :wink:
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm hoping for Ledgic, Rildo, Baby, GT Goten etc..

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Since there's a very big chance Hildegarn will be in the game, there might be a chance Tapion will be included too, I really hope for this.

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:17 pm

It would be silly of the makers to only include some of the characters from a movie/saga and not allow of them. For the sake of completeness.
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:28 pm

dragonballzgtfighter wrote:It would be silly of the makers to only include some of the characters from a movie/saga and not allow of them. For the sake of completeness.
I'm pretty sure Spike has been doing this for years now.