What is your favourite Battle armour style?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta Jr
Regular

What is your favourite Battle armour style?

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:19 am

Includes any the Saiyan's wear or Freeza/his henchman etc.
EDIT:
After serious thought, my previous statement of Bardock being my fav is now my 2nd fav. My favourite is definately Vegeta's first appearance (not green coloured).
Last edited by Vegeta Jr on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What is your favourite Battle armour style?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:20 am

My favourite battle armour style is the original: the one we see Raditz, Nappa, Saiyan arc Vegeta, etc. wearing. I just like the design.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:22 am

Definately the original. I loved putting that suit on Vegeta in "Super Dragonball Z" it just looks so badass in Super Saiyan.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:21 pm

I've never been all that big on the thigh pads. Always looked like a couple steps away from looking like a dress to me. As plain as it was, I liked the shoulderless ones Vegeta wore on Namek with the black clothes/tights underneath.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:25 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:As plain as it was, I liked the shoulderless ones Vegeta wore on Namek with the black clothes/tights underneath.
I thought it was blue.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:As plain as it was, I liked the shoulderless ones Vegeta wore on Namek with the black clothes/tights underneath.
I thought it was blue.
From what I remember, it kept shifting from black to blue with heavy shading so it looked black, to just plain blue :/.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:My favourite battle armour style is the original: the one we see Raditz, Nappa, Saiyan arc Vegeta, etc. wearing. I just like the design.
Actually, there are three types of that armour probably because of Toriyama-sensei's forgetfulness.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:54 pm

I agree. My favorite battle armor was Bardock's. Although the fact that his headband is like 40% blood is a bit disturbing.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:25 pm

kei17 wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:My favourite battle armour style is the original: the one we see Raditz, Nappa, Saiyan arc Vegeta, etc. wearing. I just like the design.
Actually, there are three types of that armour probably because of Toriyama-sensei's forgetfulness.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/kei17/armor.jpg
Well, the third one in that image, then.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:41 pm

My favorite armor is the one when Vegeta landed on Earth the first time with the thigh pads and and front pads. I was sad when that design never returned again.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Definetly that one though i never got if it creased around every single muscle it didnt creae around his... you know... :oops: b/c making this costume and not knowing the secret makes it a bit..revealing

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:32 pm

I was always partial to the one-shoulder pad, as worn by Salza and a few others. Not sure if that counts as Saiyan armor though and more Freeza's soldiers.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:17 am

The one shoulder pad makes no sense from a strategic point of view. I'm sure he's drawn with that armor to give that character a more distinctive look. Other than that, it would probably throw him off balance. I'm O.C.D., so that one shoulder pad drives me nuts! By the way, I think it would count more as Frieza's soldiers since that guy is from the Cooler squad.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 am

My favorite isn't really a choice though. I like the look when Vegeta is all battle damaged while fighting Recoome.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ ... 3im3ys.jpg

Basically this. I own this figure but the face sculpt isn't very good IMO.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 pm

I really liked Bardock's armor. Goku's Yardat outfit looked pretty good too.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:01 pm

My personal favorite battle armor style is actually Gohan's in the Frieza Arc; you know, with the shoulder pads stickiing out? That's also why I like Vegeta's and Trunks' armor in the Cell arc, since they are almost identical.

Zeta

Post by Zeta » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:23 pm

I really like King Vegeta's Armour.

I also dig Tora's Custom Colored Armour and hand gauntlets.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:18 pm

I've always been a big fan of Turles' color palette. I dunno why. Green is my favorite color, but I really like the black & purple mix.

"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Yeah, same here. It further characterizes the tone of the film and Tullece in general.