DragonBall Z Kai - Cable TV Version (NickToons)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Kai - Cable TV Version (NickToons)

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:A promo that aired during movie 7 states that after the marathon new episodes start back up on October 17th.
I'm guessing this is the final batch of episodes. There's only 19 episodes left!

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
I'm guessing this is the final batch of episodes. There's only 19 episodes left!
It could just be a total tease and have one new episode and be like "TUNE IN NOVEMBER __ WHEN THE DRAGON BALL Z KAI SAGA COMES TO AN END".

I remember when they aired one of the Freeza episodes after a long break only to have the next actual batch of episodes not air til over a month later.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 am

ohaimynameiserik wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
It could just be a total tease and have one new episode and be like "TUNE IN NOVEMBER __ WHEN THE DRAGON BALL Z KAI SAGA COMES TO AN END".

I remember when they aired one of the Freeza episodes after a long break only to have the next actual batch of episodes not air til over a month later.
That would kind of suck if its only one episode but at least we will be able to finally hear Daemon Clarke's Perfect Cell voice in Kai.

I thought the new episode was supposed to air on October 10th but it looks like it was delayed until October 17th. Oh well its only an extra seven days.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 am

PuppetDoctor wrote:
ohaimynameiserik wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:

That would kind of suck if its only one episode but at least we will be able to finally hear Daemon Clarke's Perfect Cell voice in Kai.

I thought the new episode was supposed to air on October 10th but it looks like it was delayed until October 17th. Oh well its only an extra seven days.
80 airs the 10th. 81 & 82 air the 17th & 18th.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Ryken100

Post by Ryken100 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Episode 80 is up on Nicktoons

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/d ... art-a.html

In the link, replace "cart-a" with "cart-b" and "cart-c", etc. to get to the other parts of the episode.

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Ryken100 wrote:Episode 80 is up on Nicktoons

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/d ... art-a.html

In the link, replace "cart-a" with "cart-b" and "cart-c", etc. to get to the other parts of the episode.
Mmm Perfect Cell sounds... strange. I guess I just need to get used to it :P

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeah...Perfect Cell sounds way too close to Semi-Perfect Cell for my taste. Hopefully it'll be like Z where the first couple of episodes for Perfect cell are strange until he gets it down properly.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:17 am

I must say I am disappointed with Daemon Clarke's Perfect Cell's voice. As much as I was looking forward to it there seemed to be something off about it. I really WANT to love the voice but I just can't.

However, I really loved Chris Sabat's performance of Vegeta in this episode so that was good..

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:46 am

Damn, Clarke's Perfect Cell was a huge disappointment. He sounds so off. I was worried this might happen after hearing how awful his Cell was in Burst Limit.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Just watched the first half. I love Coleen's performance when she tells Goku he's too soft, and that he's a crappy teacher.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:06 pm

You know, if I'd never heard Dameon's original Perfect Cell, I'd be more than OK with this voice. Especially considering how close it is to Norio's version.

Honestly? I like it.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:52 pm

You know, I'm starting to wonder, are they trying to have the voice actors only imitate their japanese counterparts instead of letting them do their own thing? Because Dameon sounds like he's making a lot of the same slip ups Norio was making in the japanese version of this show, i.e., sounding flat and dull when screaming for #18 to come out of her hiding place, sounding too much like Semi-Perfect Cell as Perfect Cell, etc...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

funrush

Post by funrush » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:02 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:You know, if I'd never heard Dameon's original Perfect Cell, I'd be more than OK with this voice. Especially considering how close it is to Norio's version.

Honestly? I like it.
Same, he really does sound more like Wakamoto.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:17 pm

You know, I don't think his Perfect Cell voice sounded that bad, at least later in the Episode. At first, I thought he sounded like a mix between Abridged Guru and Johnny Bravo, but he started recapturing that charm later.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:57 pm

MetalMadness wrote:Damn, Clarke's Perfect Cell was a huge disappointment. He sounds so off. I was worried this might happen after hearing how awful his Cell was in Burst Limit.
That's actually why I initially thought that Burst Limit was the game where Cell was voiced by someone doing an impression of Clarke, while in Raging Blast it actually was him.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:45 pm

I didn't like Clarke's Cell in this episode either, obviously he'll get back into the character later, but for some reason I'm starting to wish Travis Willingham would have gotten to voice Cell in Kai.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Yeah, what happened? He sounds like an impressionist than the actual guy!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:26 am

Ouch..I can people saying this when they watch this new episode.. "So he's in his perfect form? He sure doesn't sound like it.."

FNF
Temporarily Banned

Post by FNF » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:51 am

I don't know why people are disliking Dameon Clarke's new Cell voice.
He sounds like a proper villain this time (and a good one at that) instead of a gay-club bartender (don't ask).

He sounds so...menacing.
Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Other username on forums;
'Cocoman'

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:40 am

Maybe Nicktoons will show the last episodes regularly until the final 5, which they will air them everyday of the week up until the finale.

Or just combine the last 3 or 4 episodes together and still do the final 5 though it would be final 8 or 9....
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT