Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pikkoro Daimaō

Re: Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Post by Pikkoro Daimaō » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:19 am

Is anyone even that desperate for Dbox 2, so as to pay $9,000 for it? :lol:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Goku is a child at heart, and nobody fucks with his clown friend. =P

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 am

Vegeta?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 am

Wow, $9,000 dollars?! :lol: I thank God each and everyday that I managed to get all my Dragon Boxes new for $30 a pop. If only the Dragon Boxes aren't limited releases.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:55 pm

I just went back to Amazon. I see now they have one in the 400 dollar range. (It) looks like the $9,000 one has been pulled. One isn't alone anymore. :lol:

Jon Jon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jon Jon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:15 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Wow 9000 Dollars? :lol: I can get the 9 thousand, But how I'm I going to get the shipping money lol
Man you would have thought he/she would have made the shipping free lol
Then it wouldn't be "over" 9000 now would it? :P

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:41 pm

I have three copies of DBOX 2 I will probably be selling two of them in next couple of weeks if people want to pm with offers reasonable ones nothing to over the top say 45-80 dollars I think that is a fair price for one.

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:48 pm

goHastings got trolled.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MoltenMan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:53 pm

I ordered my DBox 2 off of an Amazon seller about a week after they all disappeared and this craziness popped up. I'm hoping it arrived by Saturday.

And if it's damaged in any way, somebody's going to pay...

Plague-Memories
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Plague-Memories » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Gosh, I am SO glad I bought mine for about $24 when Amazon had that huge sale last summer. Feels good, man.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Not a bad joke, being just over 9,000...

Luckily I already got mine back-ordered from BestBuy.com, and they have insured me that It will eventually be back In stock and will be shipped promptly to my home.

Box 2 is the only one that's hard to get right now, so it's not so bad. More will pop up on shopping sites for the Christmas season.

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 am

Thanks for the tip! Here's Best Buy's page incase anyone else is looking to get it. $50 is a steal considering the outrageous price this seems to have gone up to. Even if it is backordered, Best Buy is usually good with this stuff.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:06 am

Krycek7o2 wrote:
Rory wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:I don't understand how people didn't buy it when it was widely available. FUNimation did state they were "limited time" only releases.
Because not everybody has money to spend on what they want to all the time. Some people need to spend money on the stuff they need.

After almost two years, that's not a valid excuse. More like carelessness at this point.
You can call it all you want. If there is no money to spend, there is no money to spend. Not having the money to buy something is really a valid excuse, unless you are endorsing theft.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:22 am

Godo wrote: You can call it all you want. If there is no money to spend, there is no money to spend. Not having the money to buy something is really a valid excuse, unless you are endorsing theft.
How did I endorse theft again? :? No where in my comment did I endorse theft. I guess after two years and not having thirty bucks to spend I can give you that one. :wink:
I guess like many, I'll have to keep an eye out on these early volumes when I go Pawn Shop hopping.

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Are these things out of print or something? I should hurry up and finish buying mine then. I stopped at the 5th box since I was taking a longer time than expected to finish my DragonBall season sets.

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 pm

gotenx wrote:Are these things out of print or something? I should hurry up and finish buying mine then. I stopped at the 5th box since I was taking a longer time than expected to finish my DragonBall season sets.
They're still in-print on Amazon except the 2nd set.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:
Godo wrote: You can call it all you want. If there is no money to spend, there is no money to spend. Not having the money to buy something is really a valid excuse, unless you are endorsing theft.
How did I endorse theft again? :? No where in my comment did I endorse theft. I guess after two years and not having thirty bucks to spend I can give you that one. :wink:
I guess like many, I'll have to keep an eye out on these early volumes when I go Pawn Shop hopping.
I for one have the money and I would be able to buy them if I wanted. But there are many people who a) don't have their own income and live at home b) are unemployed c) barely get by. And some of them may be Dragonball fans. It's reality. They aren't protesting for the lulz at the Wall Street, you know.
I just didn't like your view, who was black and white, rather than gray.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:39 pm

I see your point. I forget not many fight for what they want. I come from a family where if we want something you work hard for it. This has been my thing. If I struck a nerve I do apologize.

MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MoltenMan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:36 pm

dprez wrote:Not a bad joke, being just over 9,000...

Luckily I already got mine back-ordered from BestBuy.com, and they have insured me that It will eventually be back In stock and will be shipped promptly to my home.

Box 2 is the only one that's hard to get right now, so it's not so bad. More will pop up on shopping sites for the Christmas season.
I'm curious to see if this rings true. I'm not seeing more of these coming back in stock around Christmas, or any other time.

The seventh set just came out, and my local Best Buy store doesn't even carry that, which I found odd.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 am

Wow I found another person selling Dragonbox 2 for 10 Grand :lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DragonBall-Z-Dr ... 4fb8280f68
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:53 am

Krycek7o2 wrote:I see your point. I forget not many fight for what they want. I come from a family where if we want something you work hard for it. This has been my thing. If I struck a nerve I do apologize.
Don't worry, you didn't struck a nerve. I agree with you that many people nowadays don't fight for what they want. But that's not the issue here. When there are no jobs (as in today in the world, after the financial crisis), you can't use your argument. Of course, it's very admirable that your family were able to get jobs and work really hard for what you wanted. But not everybody are as lucky to get that, nor hardworking enough to be able to sustain that.
Alas, your argument still being invalid since it all ends with my point "when you haven't got no money, you can't buy stuff". It doesn't really matter why, really. I was just trying to be polite enough in our conversation and bring some substance into this. It doesn't matter that your family or my family for the matter (where my father worked 8am to 11 pm for ten years until we had enough to live on and to hire some help, starting from scratch from being a CEO and fleeing his country, to his education not being valid in Sweden, opening his own successful business). My argument is still that whatever the reason, if there is no money to spend, people can't spend them. So there are in fact people who don't have an extra 30 dollars to spend.

Regarding this topic: Yes, it is a bummer that the Dragon boxes that are out of print are ridiculously expensive. But then you could just not buy them. Try the season sets. :P They were after all a limited release, and they tend to become expensive. What makes it worse is that they are in so many parts, thus making it more profitable for persons who sell them to make each set expensive.
So buy and buy not, there is no try.