Ken Yamaguchi Passes Away

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TripleRach

Ken Yamaguchi Passes Away

Post by TripleRach » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am

Ken Yamaguchi passed away on October 24th at age 55. He was the voice of Si Xing Long, Ebifuryaa, and Raspberi.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... away-at-55

Si Xing Long (#4, with fire powers) is the only GT dragon I can remember by name/number, other than Yi Xing Long. That's probably why he's the only other dragon to appear in a video game (Sparking! Meteor, where Mr. Yamaguchi reprised his role).

What a shame to lose another one, especially so young. :(
-Rachel

kei17
I Live Here

Re: Ken Yamaguchi Passes Away

Post by kei17 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:23 am

So sad. Si Xing Long is one of the few characters I like in GT.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:43 am

TripleRach wrote:That's probably why he's the only other dragon to appear in a video game (Sparking! Meteor, where Mr. Yamaguchi reprised his role).
I was playing as him just two nights ago after not playing BT3 for a while. It's a little weird when I look at it like that. :(

It is sad. He was pretty young too...
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 pm

At 55 years old? That's some scary stuff.

Was this some on-going disease that was ever made public, or just unknown?
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 pm

My mom is 50 and I'm 20, so this is particularly horrifying. Hope his loved ones are holding up okay.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:33 pm

RIP Mr. Yamaguchi. :cry:
-Joey

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm not going to get all religious on everybody here but it's sad when we loose anybody, I just look at it like this. Every death reminds me of my baby brother
''he's in a lot better place than we are''
(no offence to anybody that don't believe I'm just trying to be nice)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

funrush

Post by funrush » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Mr. Yamaguchi will be missed. :cry:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Fuck... Another one dies... :cry:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Still kind of young too.

R.I.P. mr Yamaguchi.