FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by Raithos » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Saw Dragon Box 2 for 49.99 and Box 4 for 45.99 at my local Best Buy today, heavily considered picking them up and selling for a killing on Ebay, lol!
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Raithos wrote:Saw Dragon Box 2 for 49.99 and Box 4 for 45.99 at my local Best Buy today, heavily considered picking them up and selling for a killing on Ebay, lol!
You should.... I mean it's like a 150-200$ turn around at least.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Not sure why, but double post.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

CobraCookiez

Post by CobraCookiez » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:25 pm

Raithos wrote:Saw Dragon Box 2 for 49.99 and Box 4 for 45.99 at my local Best Buy today, heavily considered picking them up and selling for a killing on Ebay, lol!
Or you could buy them and sell them to me for not $200. xD Joking of course. I try to run into Best Buy and FYE whenever I go to the mall just in case someone traded in a used copy or something. No luck yet.

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:42 pm

King Mob wrote:Hey gang. Just wanted to pass along I just rounded out my collection this past week at my local Fry's (they even had one last of the infamous second set that I was able to snag). They seem to be one of the last places that physically stock them and price them below retail price to boot. So if you have a Fry's near you, definitely worth a look.
Same with the Fry's in my area. A friend of mine was able to buy Volumes 4-7 there at less than $40 each (plus tax). This was about a week and a half ago. Check it out...and check it out quick!

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:48 am

I got Dragon Box 2 in the post today. I bought it on ebay about a week ago for $70, new and sealed. Considering the outrageous prices these days I 'd say I got pretty lucky.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:41 am

Just picked up Box 7 today thus completing my set of Dragon Boxes.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:43 pm

Just for the hell of it, I went and checked out Fry's' website to see if they still have any of the Dragon Boxes in stock. And they do! They have all seven volumes at retail price (less than $40) for order right now. You guys really should jump on this opportunity before having to resort to eBay later on.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:01 pm

No, they still don't have box 2 in.

DragonBall Z: Dragon Box, Vol. 2 [6 Discs]
remove item $34.99 $104.97
Shipping: Back Order
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Yuyunarutoballz

Post by Yuyunarutoballz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:53 pm

Okay. I'm desperate. I cannot, for the life of me, find Dragonbox 4 online anywhere without it being a crazy price. (Why couldn't it have been Dragonbox 3 that went out of print, the one i actually HAVE :( ) Anyway, yeah. If anybody finds one for a decent price PLEASE YET ME KNOW. I kept my computer on all night one night stalking Dragonbox 4's amazon page. I refreshed when i woke up and there was a new one for like 40 bucks. I couldn't believe my eyes. I hurried up and clicked one click checkout and what do you know! Out of stock. Amazon kept like 4 new regular priced Dragonboxes listed when everything i tried to check it out they said it was out of stock. Yeah, torture me why don't ya Amazon T_T

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Yuyunarutoballz wrote:Okay. I'm desperate. I cannot, for the life of me, find Dragonbox 4 online anywhere without it being a crazy price. (Why couldn't it have been Dragonbox 3 that went out of print, the one i actually HAVE :( ) Anyway, yeah. If anybody finds one for a decent price PLEASE YET ME KNOW. I kept my computer on all night one night stalking Dragonbox 4's amazon page. I refreshed when i woke up and there was a new one for like 40 bucks. I couldn't believe my eyes. I hurried up and clicked one click checkout and what do you know! Out of stock. Amazon kept like 4 new regular priced Dragonboxes listed when everything i tried to check it out they said it was out of stock. Yeah, torture me why don't ya Amazon T_T
$59.91 "In Stock" http://www.moviemars.com/Television/DVD ... m?aff=5111

Edit: Although it reads "in stock" it very well might be out of stock. If you try to add it to your cart, then check your cart, the item disappears.

Yuyunarutoballz

Post by Yuyunarutoballz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Craddle wrote:
Yuyunarutoballz wrote:Okay. I'm desperate. I cannot, for the life of me, find Dragonbox 4 online anywhere without it being a crazy price. (Why couldn't it have been Dragonbox 3 that went out of print, the one i actually HAVE :( ) Anyway, yeah. If anybody finds one for a decent price PLEASE YET ME KNOW. I kept my computer on all night one night stalking Dragonbox 4's amazon page. I refreshed when i woke up and there was a new one for like 40 bucks. I couldn't believe my eyes. I hurried up and clicked one click checkout and what do you know! Out of stock. Amazon kept like 4 new regular priced Dragonboxes listed when everything i tried to check it out they said it was out of stock. Yeah, torture me why don't ya Amazon T_T
$59.91 "In Stock" http://www.moviemars.com/Television/DVD ... m?aff=5111

Edit: Although it reads "in stock" it very well might be out of stock. If you try to add it to your cart, then check your cart, the item disappears.
Yup. Out of stock :(
Reminds me. I was desperate earlier too, and i saw a site called Animenation that was selling it. It didn't look very legit so i did some research and found out it was legit. I ordered it thugh and they took the money out my account and then e-mailed me 5 days later saying it was out of stock and discontinued. What REALLY pissed me off though was even after knowing this, they still listed it as "In Stock" even after the fact.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Futureshop only ships in Canada and they have terrible packaging methods. I bet it will come in a giant bubble wrap envelope and will be crushed by the mailman. Best Buy in Canada does the same thing since Best Buy owns Futureshop and apparently uses the same shipping facilities.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Link 1: 1 Available.
Link 2: Out of Stock
Link 3: Out of Stock

Edit:

Here you go guys. This site appears to have a few in stock. Also, offers international shipping.

$50.98 + Free S&H to lower 48 http://www.justmanga.com/jmprod/FN02267

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:59 pm

The description is hilariously off.

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Don't know if its worth noting that same site is selling Dbox 1 for $50 aswell.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:19 pm

DNA wrote:The description is hilariously off.
Haha, I didn't read it the first time.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Wow, just noticed that Volume 4 disappeared from Amazon and RightStuf. These are disappearing quicker than I thought.