FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:14 pm

I say sell em'. No need to have two full separate releases, especially when the Blu-rays have more of what you want.
But I wouldn't do it right away. Wait and see if the value goes up, and if so, sell it at its highest point. If the value starts to go down, sell them right away, because once they start, they're probably not going back up.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:16 pm

INVINCEABLE wrote:
Craddle wrote:
INVINCEABLE wrote:If I can't get Vol 4, I may sell the first 3 I have. What's the point in keeping them if I can't get them all?
Eww, don't give up so easily. You can find vol.4. You just gotta keep looking.
Yeah, I'm going to check some local stores like Target and Walmart. Suncoast had Vol 3 and 5 I think. Easy to find Vol 3, but not Vol 4?
Yeah, 3 is easy to find. I think checking local retail stores is your best bet atm. If you still can't find it in a few days, I'll search online for you and this time, I'll send you the link VIA PM, that way it's not out of stock by the time you get to it.
Last edited by Craddle on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

INVINCEABLE
Not-So-Newbie

Post by INVINCEABLE » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Craddle wrote:Yeah, 3 is easy to find. I think checking local retail stores is your best bet atm. If you still can't find it in a few days I'll search online fir you and this time I'll send you the link VIA PM, that way it's not out of stock by the time you get to it.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Wish I had a Frys around here.

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:50 pm

INVINCEABLE wrote:
Craddle wrote:
INVINCEABLE wrote:If I can't get Vol 4, I may sell the first 3 I have. What's the point in keeping them if I can't get them all?
Eww, don't give up so easily. You can find vol.4. You just gotta keep looking.
Yeah, I'm going to check some local stores like Target and Walmart. Suncoast had Vol 3 and 5 I think. Easy to find Vol 3, but not Vol 4?
Yeah dude, don't give up on 4. I thought I was screwed but just two weeks go or so Box 4 was 39.99 on Amazon for a day or two. Just wait for them to drop the price. They do it every so often. :mrgreen:

Jawdrahb
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jawdrahb » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:24 pm

These are becoming the Dragon Balls themselves! Is anyone working on that radar?

I purchased numero 4 in early December and it still hadn't shipped. I've just been told that the seller's US suppliers didn't have stock available. Subsequently, I've placed an order with PlanetAxel for it. I'm aware of it's 'backorder' status however, I'd previously received the fifth set from the same website under a similar conditional purchase.

I'll keep you guys posted.

INVINCEABLE
Not-So-Newbie

Post by INVINCEABLE » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:03 pm

orangebrick94 wrote:Yeah dude, don't give up on 4. I thought I was screwed but just two weeks go or so Box 4 was 39.99 on Amazon for a day or two. Just wait for them to drop the price. They do it every so often. :mrgreen:
Really? Shipped and sold by Amazon?

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Box 6 is selling for 37.99 on Amazon, not too bad. Also how can Amazon lower the price of something they don't even have in stock orangebrick94?
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:38 pm

orangebrick94 wrote: Yeah dude, don't give up on 4. I thought I was screwed but just two weeks go or so Box 4 was 39.99 on Amazon for a day or two. Just wait for them to drop the price. They do it every so often. :mrgreen:
That ship has sailed. Box 1 and 4 have pretty much gone the way box 2 has.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Buda64

Post by Buda64 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Seems to me that Box 1, 2, and 4 are the hardest ones to find right now.

I don't think I'll sell the first 3 that I have, but I'd like to get the 4th before I order 5, 6 and 7 off of Amazon. I think I'll try the best buy near me, if they have it I'll freak out.
Gamertag: Bhuda64

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Perfect wrote:Box 6 is selling for 37.99 on Amazon, not too bad. Also how can Amazon lower the price of something they don't even have in stock orangebrick94?
It was from a seller on Amazon sorry i shouldve clarrified that.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:41 am

What about this site for Dragon Box 4?:

http://www.sebbyretail.com/Product/Deta ... _Box_Four#

Buda64

Post by Buda64 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:45 am

Kid Trunks wrote:What about this site for Dragon Box 4?:

Doesn't seem to be a way to check out.
Gamertag: Bhuda64

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Buda64 wrote:

Yeah, the disclaimer says it won't be ready until mid-October? Of 2012? Jeez, it'd be a long wait :/
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:05 pm

sumpter360 wrote:
Buda64 wrote:

Yeah, the disclaimer says it won't be ready until mid-October? Of 2012? Jeez, it'd be a long wait :/
"Although our site is online, we are still in the process of setting up for our launch. In the meantime, you can browse our catalog but shopping cart features are disabled."

I wouldn't give up that easily guys. Try to contact them via email and see if you can set something up to buy those DBox 4's you all need. They have 10 left in stock.

Email: sales@ParadoxalPress.com

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:56 pm

This guy has a few Dragon Box 4's for a relatively fair price:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dragon-Ball- ... 4cf7dbed4a

Maybe it's worth contacting him.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Kid Trunks wrote:This guy has a few Dragon Box 4's for a relatively fair price:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dragon-Ball- ... 4cf7dbed4a

Maybe it's worth contacting him.
It's a private listing. Seller wont ship to anywhere but Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-Drago ... 41610bfbe1 Brand New, 4 bids, $50 current bid, auction ends in 5 hours.

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Just purchased 3 5 and 6 on Amazon. waiting for 7 to hopefully drop alittle in price.

redfoot12

Post by redfoot12 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:30 pm

I went to MovieStop the other day and they had several copies of vol. 6 and 7. They were around $40.
A few weeks ago I called all of the MovieStops in Virginia looking for volume 2. No such luck.

If anyone gets desperate for 4 (or any other) PM me and I'll check around again and pick it up for them.

Edit to add:
I just called MovieStop and they have volume 2 used for $20. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Hope it's in good condition.

SSJ2Engels
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ2Engels » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Fuck YES, I finally received my Dragon Box 4 in the mail today. I don't live in the US and no shipping method other than Standard was available for me, so it took almost a month to arrive. Anyway I'm so glad now I FINALLY have it in my hands beyond all certainty. :D I bought it from a seller called ''MovieMars'' on Amazon Marketplace for little over than $50 after seeing and being pissed that amazon.com wasn't selling it any more (ALL my other Dboxes were bought from them). It seems they aren't selling it anymore either, and now all of them are at least over $150 on Amazon... so I was lucky to get it for such a low price (comparatively, that is). :)

Since now I have 1-4, I don't have to worry about getting the others (I already have #6, for that matter) so soon...or at least so I hope. :D

PS.: I don't post here anymore, but this was special, so... also sorry for the swearing. :D

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:12 pm

SSJ2Engels wrote:Fuck YES, I finally received my Dragon Box 4 in the mail today. I don't live in the US and no shipping method other than Standard was available for me, so it took almost a month to arrive. Anyway I'm so glad now I FINALLY have it in my hands beyond all certainty. :D I bought it from a seller called ''MovieMars'' on Amazon Marketplace for little over than $50 after seeing and being pissed that amazon.com wasn't selling it any more (ALL my other Dboxes were bought from them). It seems they aren't selling it anymore either, and now all of them are at least over $150 on Amazon... so I was lucky to get it for such a low price (comparatively, that is). :)

Since now I have 1-4, I don't have to worry about getting the others (I already have #6, for that matter) so soon...or at least so I hope. :D

PS.: I don't post here anymore, but this was special, so... also sorry for the swearing. :D
Movie mars was where i got my box 4 from.
The only difference was i paid 39.99 for mine.