Elder Kai, the hermaphrodite!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hitiro
I Live Here

Elder Kai, the hermaphrodite!

Post by Hitiro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Considering the Elder Kai performed the potara fusion with an old witch do you think that means he has both sexual organs? Weird topic but it just popped into my head after re-reading the chapter. What are your guys take on this?

Male + Female = Hermaphrodite?

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Elder Kai, the hermaphrodite!

Post by Pantalones » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Hmm... could be. Then again, I don't know if he would have even had any sexual organs to begin with, since the Kaioshin are hatched from fruit rather than being born in the usual way. Maybe he's technically female down there now, assuming the witch wasn't also a member of some weird gender-neutral species like the Kaio/Kaioshin are.

Either way, I doubt anyone really wants to see him without any pants on.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Well whatever his "gender" was to start with would likely be the dominant trait from the fusion. Plus he does like women from magazines he reads, and the lust over kissing some random floozy.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Fin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:33 pm

do shinjin even have sexual organs? i got the impression the witch was a shinjin too. anyway, i tend to imagine that the fusion of two beings of opposite sex would result in a more intermediate intersexed condition, rather than both sets of sexual organs.
Perfect wrote:Well whatever his "gender" was to start with would likely be the dominant trait from the fusion. Plus he does like women from magazines he reads, and the lust over kissing some random floozy.
how would fusion handle sexual orientation though? if, say, both the kaioshin and the witch were 'straight', could that result in bisexuality in their case?

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Why was a witch on the Kaioshin's Planet in the first place? How does that even work? Why doesn't he have double voices like Vegetto?
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Attitudefan wrote:Why was a witch on the Kaioshin's Planet in the first place? How does that even work? Why doesn't he have double voices like Vegetto?
The same reason that Kaioshin and Kibito don't have dual voices.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Makes no sense. I guess that's something Ocean fixed in the Canadian dub! Haha!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Fin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Maybe since the potara are a Kaioshin artifact, they work better with Shinjin bodies.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 am

Attitudefan wrote:Why was a witch on the Kaioshin's Planet in the first place? How does that even work? Why doesn't he have double voices like Vegetto?
Vegetto's a foreigner and so it has side-effects (double voices)?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:14 am

Kaioshin and Kibto weren't equals in terms of universal hierarchy, neither were the Elder Kaioshin and the Witch. Goku and Vegeta were, you know, jut mortals.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 am

Perfect wrote:Kaioshin and Kibto weren't equals in terms of universal hierarchy, neither were the Elder Kaioshin and the Witch. Goku and Vegeta were, you know, jut mortals.
So, mortals=dual voices?

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:28 am

Attitudefan wrote:
Perfect wrote:Kaioshin and Kibto weren't equals in terms of universal hierarchy, neither were the Elder Kaioshin and the Witch. Goku and Vegeta were, you know, jut mortals.
So, mortals=dual voices?
Seems rather implied unless there's a dominant being fused; a deity.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Toriyama said that Shinjin have no gender, though they can have male or female characteristics. We don't know if this changes when they become Kaio or Kaioshin, but it would probably be an assumption to say that they do, since it's just a job/rank.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Hitiro wrote:Considering the Elder Kai performed the potara fusion with an old witch do you think that means he has both sexual organs? Weird topic but it just popped into my head after re-reading the chapter. What are your guys take on this?

Male + Female = Hermaphrodite?
When Kaioshin fused with Kibito, you could see that Kaioshins body and spirit were the prominent part of their new body.

I'm sure since it was just some random witch, Elder Kaioshin's original body would mostly remain, therefore no "hermaphroditation". :lol:

Seams the species of these Kaioshin are so "special" or "godly" or w/e that when they fuse with a non-kaioshin, their original body and mind or dominant in that fusion.

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:51 am

I was thinking about the Elder Kai/witch fusion just a few hours ago! I agree that he is male since he became the dominant half of the fused body. It did make me think about Gohan, though. When he received his "mystic" power up/transformation, did some of those abilities come from the magical powers of the witch?

Attitudefan- I wonder the same thing, why was the witch on the planet? Perhaps the Kaios needed a crystal ball to watch the lower realms and she was able to produce one, which is why elder kai is able to make them in the Buu arc.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 am

Hero 004 wrote:I wonder the same thing, why was the witch on the planet? Perhaps the Kaios needed a crystal ball to watch the lower realms and she was able to produce one, which is why elder kai is able to make them in the Buu arc.
Perhaps, WAAAAAY back then, the Kaioshin had more direct interaction with other beings instead of being so secluded that the Kaio have never met them and planetary gods only hear rumors of their existence? Maybe the witch was similar to Uranai Baba back then and had duties that involved interaction with them? Who knows.

BTW, Elder Kaioshin has godly sight, and can see the lower realm without a crystal ball. The East Kaioshin may not have the same ability because he never finished his Kaioshin training, obvious when he didn't know about the Potara. So its possible all the other Kaioshin probably had this ability as well, so they wouldn't need the witch for that...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:31 am

Technically the Rou Kaioshin is a fusion beetween an assexual and a female being. I have no idea what he would look like naked or why he likes woman (was the witch lesbian?).
Perfect wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:
So, mortals=dual voices?
Seems rather implied unless there's a dominant being fused; a deity.
I don't think there is any special reason behind it besides the anime being somewhat inconsistent with the voice stuff. And for me after the fusion Kaioshin looks pettry much a mixture of the former Kaioshin and Kibito appearances and personalities.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:09 am

They all look like a combination of a appearances, it just seems that the God's personality and voice over powers the commoners'.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:17 am

I don't know how to tell which personality is predominant. I never tought Kaioshin and Kibito were much different to begin with.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 am

Kibito is much more up tight and firm about everything; a serious-type guy. Kaioshin's more calm, relaxed and loosened up; aside from the whole:

"omg Majin Buu!!! ;-;"