Dragonball illustrators!!!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Dragonball illustrators!!!

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm going to try again... do you people know illustrators through out the web that usually draw Dragonball illustrations and can mimic the style somewhat nicely? Thank you... I guess.
Last edited by Senzu_Bean on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Re: Looking for someone...

Post by FindKenshi » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:32 am

You should probably list some criteria if you are attempting to recruit an artist. Any preference in style, and quality? Looking for someone who can mimic Toriyama's style? Someone who can mimic the style of GT's anime? Looking for something distinctive, and unique? Also you should establish that you're looking for either a volunteer, or are willing to pay. That way you can cut false positive responses.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball illustrators!!!

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:20 pm

*Bumping due update. Direct to first post.*
Last edited by Senzu_Bean on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gohaz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gohaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:46 pm

I believe there are plenty on this forum, should be more specific =P
"Hahaaaaaa, eat my dust, Piccolo!"
- Goku, Fast but not so Furious.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 am

Gohaz wrote:I believe there are plenty on this forum, should be more specific =P
I initially asked for illustrators willing to work in a story I'm writing and didn't get answers. Clearly people aren't interested in here. So I'm asking if anyone know illustrators that usually draw Dragon Ball based through the internet.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 am

What's the story about?
酷签名

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:15 am

Dorexx wrote:What's the story about?
Like posted before I edited the thread it's basically a re-imagination of Dragon Ball GT. The main premise - the search for the Ultimate Dragon Balls, an inorganic life-form called Baby and the Evil Dragons - is intact but the events leading to them are essentially new and incorporate quite a bit of all these newest info/stories. As well as expand what we know about the Dragon Ball universe but without actually depart from what GT really is.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote: Like posted before I edited the thread it's basically a re-imagination of Dragon Ball GT. The main premise - the search for the Ultimate Dragon Balls, an inorganic life-form called Baby and the Evil Dragons - is intact but the events leading to them are essentially new and incorporate quite a bit of all these newest info/stories. As well as expand what we know about the Dragon Ball universe but without actually depart from what GT really is.
Being a DB illustrator (not even nearby one of the best, but a DB illustrator nonetheless) I wouldn't jump head on onto this possibility - the info you provide is scarce at the best and there is an awesome version (GT Revised) completely coherent with the "canon" DB and wonderfully written, so why should anybody want to illustrate your story (when we could ask Kaboom for his approval and illustrate his instead?)? Can you prove that you're better than Kaboom? I honestly doubt it (no offense meant - only GTR is so perfect that I cannot imagine anyone beating it)...

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Tzigi wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote: Like posted before I edited the thread it's basically a re-imagination of Dragon Ball GT. The main premise - the search for the Ultimate Dragon Balls, an inorganic life-form called Baby and the Evil Dragons - is intact but the events leading to them are essentially new and incorporate quite a bit of all these newest info/stories. As well as expand what we know about the Dragon Ball universe but without actually depart from what GT really is.
Being a DB illustrator (not even nearby one of the best, but a DB illustrator nonetheless) I wouldn't jump head on onto this possibility - the info you provide is scarce at the best and there is an awesome version (GT Revised) completely coherent with the "canon" DB and wonderfully written, so why should anybody want to illustrate your story (when we could ask Kaboom for his approval and illustrate his instead?)? Can you prove that you're better than Kaboom? I honestly doubt it (no offense meant - only GTR is so perfect that I cannot imagine anyone beating it)...
What is wrong with you!? Nor what you have said has anything to do with the thread's objective nor GT Revised is written in a manga format. I'm not recruiting people in here, I'm merely asking you to post Dragon Ball illustrators you know. The rest I'm perfectly capable in arrange myself and the last I need is someone telling me he/she isn't interested in the idea.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 am

To be fair, Tzigi named an illustrator he knew, himself, and also said that he wasn't interested.
And as a part of the kind of people you are looking for, he gave you tips about how to draw their attention. And also, he said (and was even right in my opinion on informing you about that) that since there are so many good DBGT rewrites out there, you should look to make your own so much better so that illustrators would be interested in the least (and you have proof here, since no one has volunteered nor is willing to refer anyone to you).
If I was an illustrator I would never work for you, since you don't seem to be able to organize this (the simple description of your work and the terms you would work in) and you don't seem to be able to take criticism, something essential if you want to cooperate with an illustrator.
In fact, if you were serious, you would simply have had organized this completely upon your request.
To me it seems like you are one of many fanfiction/fan manga creators that put out an half assed production and don't understand how much time it takes and how much effort ou have to put into it before even starting to look for illustrators.
People in this thread so far have been pretty clear with you. Use that information and fix things.
If you just want to look for illustrators yourself, fine, put an ad in the paper. This forum is not a service for you to use, and keep people from expressing themselves. At least that's how I see it.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 am

I'm honestly not understanding the reason for the unjustifiable criticism. Is it because of GTR? As I already said before I'm not trying to recruit and get people's attention. I merely asked for something as trivial as to people point me a few Dragon Ball illustrators. Can't I ask something like this? Do I need to give a justification for such question? I don't think I need to. If either of you are at least decent people you would understand that instead of attack me and my work, when not knowing either of the two, without a reason for.

And if either of you two are illustrators why didn't you at least post some of your work? That is what I'm asking for. Unless you're delusional or are attacking me for the simple reason of doing it I'm the one looking for illustrators, I'm the one who should or shouldn't be interested not either of you. If you're looking for stories to illustrate I would suggest you either create another asking such or stop with the grudging, unjustifiable attacks, if you please.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:46 pm

I was not attacking you.
I was giving you tips on what you could do to increase the interest of people:
1 - give a good overview of your work, what you are expecting from the illustrator, the time frame of your work (how many hours a week), specific examples of what skills you are expecting. Do you want anyone with prior experience? Are to willing to pay? If you put it into a website with ads, will they get a piece of the profits? Or is it simply a free project?
2 - a good overview of the story itself. You should try to convince people why it's worth for them to work on your story specifically. What makes it stand out from the other DBGT remakes? Why is it worth to make this story specifically into manga format?

I myself have made some minor illustrative contributions in the past. I am in no way good at it, mind you.
But I think that people that are actually serious would like those pretty basic pieces of information, as well as people who would potentially refer you to an illustrator.

GTR would in the least serve as an example as a well liked DBGT rewrite, and I for one didn't mention it as criticism to your work, rather than a successful DBGT rewrite that I personally believe would have no problems being remade into a manga, story wise.

The reason in itself why I bothered to reply in this thread is because of the endless, not thought through requests that end up here, and people generally wanting other people independently do he work for them as they please, with no questions asked in between.
It's good to be realistic and realize that in the real world, when you want something from another person, you better damn well be polite enough to show they won't be wasting their time. It's all about convincing people why they should do it, rather than saying "hey dude, I have an awesome rewrite of dragonball, be my illustrator or find me one, but don't bother with any criticism or telling me anything else! I just want an illustrator! Serve me one on a silver platter! I won't bother having the common courtesy to even put some time and show anything of the project that by the way isn't even thought out yet! Because the best plan is not thought through! Get me what I want! And by the way, can you find me someone that can lead the project whilst I sit back and take all the credit?". The Internet, people.

And what I'm saying is pretty much what others have said in this thread. Open your eyes, dude.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 pm

You aren't seriously referring to me, are you? Cause nothing you just said has anything to do with me, the thread's purpose or anything for that matter. How about I rephrase everything - can you people share their favorite Dragon Ball fan-illustrations, please? Otherwise locking the thread is the best thing to do if people in here are as rude as these.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:47 pm

(Well, this is awkward...)

Let's try to stay chill. Senzu_Bean, Godo is right in that if you're looking to recruit people for something, whether here or elsewhere, you should make sure you can give them as much information about the project as you possibly can. You can't just say, "hey, I'm doing a GT rewrite fan-manga. Who wants to draw it for me?" and expect people to hop on board and pledge their time and effort with so little detail.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Kaboom wrote:(Well, this is awkward...)
Indeed, it is. I already said it before - I'm not recruiting anyone, for Dende's sake. I actually agree with everything these guys have said above but nothing they have said has a fuck to do with anything about myself and the thread. This is just too ridiculous to waste time on it. Please lock it or let it die.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:02 am

Senzu_Bean, you already have several warnings on your account for your condescending attitude and moderate hissy-fits when you do not get the exact answers you want.

Please take a step back and look at what and how people are responding to you. You keep playing the victim over nothing, start lashing out against your fellow community members and the moderation team, and yet you still somehow expect everyone to jump on board with -- as has already been stated quite a few few times -- basically no information to go on.

Clearly the attitude and approach you've taken isn't the way to get people on board with and enthusiastic about your ideas, so why you continue to use said approach is baffling to me. If you're not going to be polite, open, and detailed with and about your project, you should not expect the same in return -- whether that be here or any other community you decide to take it to.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::