Episode #0297 (29 April 2012)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0297 (29 April 2012)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 am

Episode #0297 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes)
48:50; 96 kbps, mono; 33.7 MB

Episode #0297! VegettoEX and Hujio catch up on listener questions this week. What is the best movie (and can that question even be answered)? Do the fight scenes dramatically drop in quality over the course of the movies? What is our favorite Toriyama art style? How has the franchise affected our (and other folks') lives for the better? Would a potential Toonami return even matter to us at all? This week's news, a new cover song from TheDelRe, and more wraps up the episode! Referenced sites:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Episode #0297 (29 April 2012)

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 am

I agree on the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai art style; it's my favorite by far. It's very fluid, yet there's still that roundness there that shows a nice progression in terms of character age. I think Piccolo looks his most interesting here (he has way more facial expressions here than he has for the bulk of Z), and I like how the adult Goku in the 23rd has a good, realistic muscle mass while still remaining kinda lean.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue May 01, 2012 1:26 am

Argh, can't listen to the pocast on the I-Pad now. Guess I'll have to wait.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue May 01, 2012 2:15 am

For the movies, there's a lot of great hand to hand combat in movie 11.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue May 01, 2012 2:26 am

The question about the dragon balls is an interesting one. When Dende first starts planning them, they ask him if they can have three wishes like the Namekian ones, and he says sure. They then ask if they will still be able to bring multiple people back to life at once, and he says something like, "I can make them do that, but in that case you'd only get two wishes." This can either be interpreted as, "Okay, so you'll only ever get two wishes," or, "Okay, but bringing back multiple people will use up two of the three wishes." If it's the latter, Dende may not have upgraded the dragon balls a second time, so they'd have the same rules as at the end of the Cell arc.

Son Goshen

Post by Son Goshen » Thu May 03, 2012 7:49 am

Every time I start thinking about the movies, I think of that time where Vegeta and Piccolo were sitting on the ice (English dub) and the "not till the fish jumps" thing. XD Silly.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu May 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Awesome podcast, as usual. (I wonder if next week's will be of "awesomeness"? lol)

Personally, I'm a Movie 1 and 12 kinda guy lol. I actually like all of them (yeah, even movie 4) but 1 and 12 are the ones I could pop in and watch anytime.

Also, for the sake of continuing the "music section" of the podcast a little further, there's a guy on youtube that does english (sometimes japanese) fandubs of anime songs and he did an english fandub of Cha-la Head Cha-la and Ore wa tokoton tomaranai a while back, and they were actually good. Here are the links to those 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2BW7I40kCc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWRD6VjM7wY

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Thu May 03, 2012 7:27 pm

A Toonami return?

YEEEEEEEEES

Toonami = DBZ, Teen Titans and all those other shows I used to prress my nose to the screen watching as a kid. Probably even Batman-of-the-Future. Or Xiaoulin Showdown. But the two latter I'm not too bothered on anymore.
I VOTE TOONAMI RETURN.

But unfortunately they probably would not bring the above back...
Good lord, I am 16 and I want to watch cartoons.

Well, off-topic, they are bringing in new Teen Titans shorts in Chibi super-deformed form. That's a START. I miss CNX though. It was like an anime channel I could watch over here.
Teen Titans shorts could turn into Teen Titans Season 6. Especially with the original TT cast employed.
But yeah, if my dreams listed here came true I'd be getting satellite. ;)

However if DBZ came back then, as with Kai, it would be super censored. It may only be viewable in the USA too like Kai. WHY ARE THERE REGION LIMITS?

Any news on PA2012?