Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dprez
Advanced Regular

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by dprez » Thu May 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Holy shit. The villains look scary awesome.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:33 am

Awesome picture DarkPrince_92
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm

I have been practicing drawing Toriyama style for the past two months now and I'm having trouble with getting the drawing to look proportioned and such. So far I have been trying to draw bland figures of the human body to get familiar with poses. As for this drawing, I used the Dragon Ball Final Bout cover as a reference since I'm an amateur and I changed Goku for a fan character of mine. (I haven't thought of a name yet). Criticism is welcomed, go as harsh and brutal as you like :) It will only help me in the end.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 am

Insertclevername wrote:I have been practicing drawing Toriyama style for the past two months now and I'm having trouble with getting the drawing to look proportioned and such. So far I have been trying to draw bland figures of the human body to get familiar with poses. As for this drawing, I used the Dragon Ball Final Bout cover as a reference since I'm an amateur and I changed Goku for a fan character of mine. (I haven't thought of a name yet). Criticism is welcomed, go as harsh and brutal as you like :) It will only help me in the end.
If you want some tips:

1- Draw with a thinner pencil and pen
2- For body proportions, draw an outline first, like this:
There are tons of resources online, just google and you will find them.
After some practice, you won't need them, but it's a good start.
3- Decide which certain Toriyama style you want to draw, and when you have mastered it, start with the next. It's a huge difference between the Buu Arc and the Hunt for Dragonballs Arc.
4. Don't hesitate with the pen/marker. It makes the lines look jagged.

Other than that, the hair looks nice, the muscles as well, and the face too.

I am in no way good with drawing myself, but those are the basics I have learned. I still have to learn to master hands...IMO the toughest part to learn.
Good luck!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat May 12, 2012 11:54 am

Thank you! I'm going to start drawing out those outlines, just got to get my self some nice art stuff.. :P and a the reason why my out line is so crappy is because I was using a semi- thick sharpie. But next time I'll outline with precision. :) As for the art style, I think I might go with the Saiyan/Namek era since it was good period of transition between round and sharp/straight characters.

Oh yeah I still have to work on hands too, they are such a bitch to draw! lol
Last edited by Insertclevername on Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:25 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Awesome picture DarkPrince_92
Thanks, tried my best to mix up Tate Naoki's style later in the series, with some Burst Limit.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 pm

I didn't know it was possible to have a multiple fangasm...until now. 8)
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Holy shit that's awesome. If someone makes a DBZ American comic book series then this guy seems like the perfect job for it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

darkhawk5
Beyond Newbie

Post by darkhawk5 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:53 am

Another one by me, color and background by my girlfriend Image

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon May 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Thats sick dude, has the same crisp look like on the Bardock Special.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:28 am

I like how you added grain, gives it that classic DBZ feel. Nailed it.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Here's a hilarious tumblr I found:

http://textsfromvegeta.tumblr.com/

Some of the pictures:

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 pm

The hell? Lmao. I have some fan animations on my youtube page in my signature, if anyone is interested. I'm currently uploading an update to one of them at the moment.

DONE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5L5jrE ... ture=g-upl

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 16, 2012 11:29 pm

If I had a Tumblr I would follow that in a heart-beat. Wow.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Gounks

Post by Gounks » Thu May 17, 2012 12:30 am

Oh! It's been so amazing to look through all these pages of fan-art and things.
You guys are just amazing! Honestly! Whether you found it or drew it, they're all so good!
Thank you so, so much for sharing! It's been lovely :)

I'm still *newbie* when it comes to fan art. I gave it go when I was very young but pretty much left it until last year sometime. I've been pretty much going crazy and trying my best to get better. Akira has such a fabulous style, but it's so hard to get right.
I still got a long way to go, but I'll eventually get better.
Most of my stuff looks really... er, I'm not too sure how to explain it other than calling it "uncool" or "girly". It's sort of weird actually. I've never drawn a fighting scene before, which is kind of funny. But, I do mostly draw other really random things...

So, I thought I'd share some of the things I've done so far that I like. Feel free to critique and tell me what I can do better. Most of these things are hand-drawn and then re-lined and coloured in photoshop. I barely use my tablet these days as I'm enjoying pencil and paper way too much. My portions are really out there. I tend to draw the heads way too big! But thank goodness for photoshop and it's tools!

I'm very sorry if the images are too big! Not exactly too sure how big to make them to post them here! Hopefully they're okay.

This is my latest one (which is also my avatar):

And well, I've been trying to draw some Adult/Teen Gotenks. I've drawn him quite a few times in the past, but a lot of people tell me he looks like Vegeta... So here's a bunch of trail sketches. In the end, I'll be giving him the "Son" eyes, just to be a bit different.

Anyway! If you want to see any other of my odd stuff (that isn't ordered), feel free to check: http://photobucket.com/RoxiFanart
Will be spending the weekend drawing a whole bunch of different poses, so there will be a whole load of sketches added soon.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu May 17, 2012 3:02 pm

I really like your stuff, especially your Goten. Glad you keep him End of Z era :)

I looked at your page on Photobucket and I see what you mean on head proportion, I have the same problem but I think I have it a little worse, all my characters look like friggin' bobble heads lol. Anyway, you seem to have the head shape down pretty tight, I kinda have trouble with the symmetry of the jaw and cheek area.

Gounks

Post by Gounks » Fri May 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Insertclevername wrote:I really like your stuff, especially your Goten. Glad you keep him End of Z era :)

I looked at your page on Photobucket and I see what you mean on head proportion, I have the same problem but I think I have it a little worse, all my characters look like friggin' bobble heads lol. Anyway, you seem to have the head shape down pretty tight, I kinda have trouble with the symmetry of the jaw and cheek area.
Thank you very much!

Yes! Absolutely adore Goten with his End of Z hair.
I went through a stage when I drew Gohan like crazy and once I was confident enough I went onto Goten. Goten is pretty much all I draw lately. His hair is pretty easy compared to Goku, Vegeta and Trunks.

Haha, don't worry about it! The way I figured it, the more you draw, the better you become! That's why drawing on the computer is so much easier because you can easily do it in layers and change things up. Nothing is as bad as having to completely rub out your drawing and start over.
I use to be pretty bad with necks and face proportions, but it's gotten a lot better. I think the best thing is to not be scared and make the body huge. But drawing their muscular bodies can be really hard. Funnily enough, any stage of Akira's faces are pretty easy, it's just his bodies that's the difficult part. I Have absolutely no idea how he could make some of his things so angular - which is why I really liked his art in Dragon Ball.

Anyway, I did a little tutorial on faces:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/ ... t/tut2.png
I draw them pretty basic - it's not perfect, but eh, will eventually get there ^.^

Currently drawing something *different.* I got suggested to draw Goku as a centaur... Just a tad worried about how it's going to turn out.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri May 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Wow thanks for that link man, I was looking for a tutorial on the heads for a while. :)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:29 am

New Wip..

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat May 19, 2012 4:02 pm

These are great. Don't have a link to the source though, sadly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage