Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hitiro
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Post by Hitiro » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Sai Akuto(From Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao) vs Goku(23rd Tenkaichi Budokai)

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Captain Falcon vs Young Teen Goku (after the fight with Piccolo Daimao)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Captain Falcon because he has the FALCON PAWNCH.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:44 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Captain Falcon because he has the FALCON PAWNCH.
Not that Falcon XD

The one from all of the Super Smash Bros. games.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:47 pm

sonikku956 wrote:
Not that Falcon XD

That is the one from SSB.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Hitiro wrote:
sonikku956 wrote:
Not that Falcon XD

That is the one from SSB.
That is the one from the racing games. Also, that punch was enhanced with a bomb.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:17 pm

sonikku956 wrote:That is the one from the racing games. Also, that punch was enhanced with a bomb.
Yes, and the Captain Falcon in SSB is from the F-Zero racing game series.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Hitiro wrote:
sonikku956 wrote:That is the one from the racing games. Also, that punch was enhanced with a bomb.

But THAT one doesn't have super strength and super speed.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:14 pm

sonikku956 wrote:
Hitiro wrote:

But THAT one doesn't have super strength and super speed.
The one from SSB and F-Zero are the same character.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:01 am

Insertclevername wrote:
sonikku956 wrote:
Hitiro wrote:That is the one from the racing games. Also, that punch was enhanced with a bomb.
The one from SSB and F-Zero are the same character.
But in different canons.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Actually... the Smash Bros. characters are just trophies that come to life and fight in some weird alternate universe. They're not actually the characters themselves. I guess you could sort of view them as alternate-universe versions of the characters, but going from a normal-sized human to something like a G.I. Joe toy means they really can't be considered "the same person"...

So either you have Goku fighting a race car driver with nowhere near the kind of strength he'd need to fight Goku at that point, or you'd have Goku fighting a 4-5 inch tall plastic action figure dude that can move around and attack but shouldn't really be able to do much to someone who's not only superhumanly strong but about a hundred times his size.

Even if you scaled Goku down to action-figure size (or embiggened the animated Captain Falcon trophy to human size), Goku should beat him easily. All the SSB characters seem to be roughly the same level of power for purposes of "actually works in a fighting game," and just going by what's seen in the game (normally, game-mechanics only stuff should be ignored, but... with Smash Bros. not even really having a story outside of one mode in Brawl, and even that being not much of a story, there's not much else to go on) they all have some difficulty breaking open big wooden crates that Goku most likely could have easily busted to splinters long before he got as powerful as he was against Piccolo.
Besides, even if you're talking about the real characters rather than the SSB trophies, I can only imagine a few of them putting up a fight against Goku by that point in the series, and even less of them being likely to actually win. At least if you don't allow them to have access to power-up items that would bring them to a higher level (like the Star Rod for Kirby, or Chaos Emeralds for Sonic.)

Or did you literally mean "Goku right after fighting Piccolo Daimao," as in "still really beat up from the fight" and everything...? XD

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 pm

The big advantage a lot of things have is elemental powers. IIRC, no DB character ever shows much resistance to "the elements", and if Pikachu can put 0.1 amps across Goku's heart and stop it cold, it doesn't really matter that it'd lose in a 'fair' fight. :P

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Ganon (Ocarina of Time)* vs. Tenshinhan and Yamucha (both 22nd TB)

*For those unaware, Ganon is the monster form and Ganondorf is the human form.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Speed seems to be the biggest advantage that DBZ characters have.
Voldemort has a one-hit kill technique, but in the time it'd take him to cast it and for it to reach Roshi, the turtle master could probably knock out a whole army of death eaters and feel up all of the sixth-year girls at Hogwarts. Then dodge.

Rand Althor is a glass cannon with a one-hit kill technique, whose advantage over someone like Voldemort is the ability to actually be sneaky. Oh, and there is the fact that he has in-universe main-character powers. Still would consider him lucky to handle a DB character that can sense ki (He might be able to assassinate Freeza).

How about this?

Bat Man Vs. Freeza.
Black Lantern Bat man, if you must.

In Freeza's favor: Planet-crushing strength, ridiculous speed, no need to breathe and an army of terrified followers.
In Bat man's favor: Wealth, awesome detective skills, lots and lots of gadgets, and being Bat man.

I dunno, looks pretty close. ;)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Pantalones wrote:Actually... the Smash Bros. characters are just trophies that come to life and fight in some weird alternate universe. They're not actually the characters themselves. I guess you could sort of view them as alternate-universe versions of the characters, but going from a normal-sized human to something like a G.I. Joe toy means they really can't be considered "the same person"...

So either you have Goku fighting a race car driver with nowhere near the kind of strength he'd need to fight Goku at that point, or you'd have Goku fighting a 4-5 inch tall plastic action figure dude that can move around and attack but shouldn't really be able to do much to someone who's not only superhumanly strong but about a hundred times his size.

Even if you scaled Goku down to action-figure size (or embiggened the animated Captain Falcon trophy to human size), Goku should beat him easily. All the SSB characters seem to be roughly the same level of power for purposes of "actually works in a fighting game," and just going by what's seen in the game (normally, game-mechanics only stuff should be ignored, but... with Smash Bros. not even really having a story outside of one mode in Brawl, and even that being not much of a story, there's not much else to go on) they all have some difficulty breaking open big wooden crates that Goku most likely could have easily busted to splinters long before he got as powerful as he was against Piccolo.
Besides, even if you're talking about the real characters rather than the SSB trophies, I can only imagine a few of them putting up a fight against Goku by that point in the series, and even less of them being likely to actually win. At least if you don't allow them to have access to power-up items that would bring them to a higher level (like the Star Rod for Kirby, or Chaos Emeralds for Sonic.)

Or did you literally mean "Goku right after fighting Piccolo Daimao," as in "still really beat up from the fight" and everything...? XD
Right before God teaches him.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:49 am

One idea that has been stuck in my head is General Zod (Superman series) vs Vegeta (Saiyan saga).

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:46 pm

The big advantage a lot of things have is elemental powers. IIRC, no DB character ever shows much resistance to "the elements", and if Pikachu can put 0.1 amps across Goku's heart and stop it cold, it doesn't really matter that it'd lose in a 'fair' fight. :P
First of all, Pikachu is a species, not an individual, so that'd be "a Pikachu." (Yeah, kinda nitpicky, but the whole "referring to entire species of Pokémon as if they were a single individual" thing is just one of those things that pisses me off.)

Second, most Pokémon have been repeatedly shown to be... really not very powerful at all. As in, weak enough that a strong/trained but still pretty much ordinary human can match even some of the toughest Pokémon (a lot of the Black Belt type trainers in the games talk about sparring with their Pokémon, and the Fighting-types tend to have some of the highest physical attack power of them all.)
And in case anyone tries to claim that's only possible because the Pokémon would be holding back in a friendly sparring type situation, that's not the only example of just how strong (or not) the upper-level Pokémon are compared to normal humans. In the Gold/Silver games, Lance's Dragonite hits a Team Rocket grunt with a freakin' Hyper Beam (the attack which is pretty much the definition of "not holding back") and the guy's still conscious afterward. Yes, he does get thrown backward into a wall by the attack and can't move afterward (it'd be pretty pathetic if one of the high-end Pokémon couldn't even manage that much), but he still not only survives but retains consciousness. The remakes made this guy into a Black Belt if I remember right, but that scene still has one of the strongest Pokémon (barring legendaries) being unable to kill a human even with one of the strongest attacks. And that's a Dragonite trained by the League Champion, not just some random wild one that doesn't even fight anything except to occasionally catch some small weak thing to eat, or keep from being eaten by a rampaging Gyarados, or something.

I see no reason to believe that a Pikachu's weak-ass electrical attacks that can't even kill an ordinary human could just magically happen to stop Goku's heart, especially considering that he has been hit by an electrical attack before (used by Master Roshi, I think it was the Bankoku Bikkuri-Shou or something like that... I don't see it mentioned often so I might have the name mixed up a bit) and that didn't do anything like that.

I also don't see any reason to assume that Dragonball characters magically have no resistance whatsoever to any form of attack other than physical blows and "plain energy blast" just because hardly anyone in the series uses any other type of attack. Nobody panics when they see Dabura using fire; it's Dabura's use of magic in general (not specifically fire-based magic) that makes him "a little more trouble than expected," but it's still not enough that Gohan can't put up a fight or that Goku and Vegeta can't sit back and watch like Gohan's still not really in too much danger. If the Z-Warriors had this weird and inexplicable lack of any resistance to anything besides normal ki blasts, I'd think someone would've mentioned that when Dabura started breathing fire and launching exploding magic fireballs around, rather than Goku's "oh hey, he uses magic too, that might make him a little tougher than I thought" (which neither Vegeta or the East Kaioshin says anything much in addition to. You'd think "hey, watch out, that fire's going to hurt you a lot more than regular ki blasts" would be something the constantly-worried-that-the-Saiyans-won't-be-able-to-handle-things Kaioshin would think to mention if it was true.)

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Kenshiro vs Goku

(Speed equalized)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 pm

shonenhikada wrote:Kenshiro vs Goku

(Speed equalized)
Goku's already dead.

Next match:

Goku vs. a needle
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Pantalones wrote:First of all, Pikachu is a species, not an individual, so that'd be "a Pikachu." (Yeah, kinda nitpicky, but the whole "referring to entire species of Pokémon as if they were a single individual" thing is just one of those things that pisses me off.)
You must get pissed off at every episode, then? They always call Ash's Pikachu "Pikachu". Hell, they always refer to every Pokemon by its species as if it's the Pokemon's name. They meet a Snorlax--"Hey, Snorlax, you ate all the food!"
I see no reason to believe that a Pikachu's weak-ass electrical attacks that can't even kill an ordinary human could just magically happen to stop Goku's heart
It's not magic, but a matter of how the electricity is used. The amount of electricity needed to stop a heart is actually really small--small enough that a simple 9 volt battery could do it under the right conditions. And yet, other people have survived 50,000 volts. It all depends on the conditions, which is what I think he was getting at.
especially considering that he has been hit by an electrical attack before (used by Master Roshi, I think it was the Bankoku Bikkuri-Shou or something like that... I don't see it mentioned often so I might have the name mixed up a bit) and that didn't do anything like that.
I wouldn't say it did nothing. Kame-sennin seemed pretty sure it would kill Goku if he didn't give up quickly. Even the guide entry says you'll die if you don't give up. But an Oozaru can apparently break free of it, so...yeah.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!