DragonBall Evolution 2 Confirmed?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

DragonBall Evolution 2 Confirmed?

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Uh-oh.

I can't speak for the reliability of the source, but it's something to discuss.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: DragonBall Evolution 2 Confirmed?

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 pm

It was debunked as being false on http://twitter.com/VegettoEX . https://twitter.com/VegettoEX/status/231063519334891520 .

I would still be morbidly curious as to what a live action movie Vegeta would be like; it's never been done officially since all three have been based on pre-Z material.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:11 pm

DBE didn't well enough to make a sequel since it only made $57,497,699 worldwide with a budget around 40 million. Not to mention it got awful reviews. Films like DBE don't tend to get sequels.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:12 pm

You just made my day, Chuquita. Thanks. ;p

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:15 pm

There have been many rumors of DBE2 since the first movie came out, remember Dragonball Reborn and how untrue that turned out to be? Bottom line is that this will NEVER happen and if it does it will be a reboot. The movie failed miserably, Fox knows a sequel will make them no money.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 pm

They can only do a sequel if it was a direct to video sequel. They won't waste money on something that poorly and a movie that people hated it. Just like Godzilla (1998), Hulk (2003) and Eragon didn't get sequels because the studio knew that people won't go see a sequel to a film that a lot of people hated. Not to mention DBE was going to flop to begin with since everyone who saw the trailer did not care to see it.
She/Her

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Happy to have helped. :3

I originally saw it pop up a few days ago on Kaiserneko's twitter where he was replying to Takahata101 who thought it was true about it being false and somehow that led me to EX's tweet about it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:26 pm

The info is from 2009. I guess no one bother to check the date sometimes? I personally would rather watch the sequel to Battleship then a sequel to DragonBall Evolution.
She/Her

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:51 pm

ZOMG Dragonball Evolution raped my childhood.

Anyways, :lol: It was confirmed alright, 3 years ago, before the film released in theaters.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Movies like Spawn, Godzilla (1998), Virus, Battlefield Earth, Superman Returns, The Golden Compass. I Am Legend, Green Lantern, Battleship and John Carter all confirmed that they would get a sequel but they never did. We might be lucky to have a reboot in the next few years from now if someone else picks up the rights from Fox. Besides we have enough pointless sequels made in Hollywood lately since we got a Spy Kids 4, Cats & Dogs 2 and Big Momma's House 3 when no one even ask for those sequels. It's bad enough that we are getting a Scary Movie 5 and Independence Day 2 soon :roll: . I don't think Dragon Ball Evolution 2 is the last thing that Hollywood needs at the moment.
She/Her

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:44 am

Independence Day 2? I'm so hyped now! I don't care what anyone says, ID is an awesome popcorn movie that needs a sequel.

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:38 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Spy Kids 4
I didn't NOT ask for this one to be fair.
Hellspawn28 wrote:I Am Legend
Confirmed to be in pre-production at this point actually.
Hellspawn28 wrote:Battleship and John Carter
Well these two are just stupid to point out. Ignoring that they were the most epic of epic bombs (which Evolution wasn't) they both only came out months ago.
Hellspawn28 wrote:Virus
I... what? Did you get these choices from an email list or something?
Hellspawn28 wrote:Golden Compass
You are confusing confirmed with something else. Because most of these were never confirmed. They discussed it quite publicly in fact...
Hellspawn28 wrote:Battlefield Earth
See Virus above.
Hellspawn28 wrote:Superman Returns
This was actually a successful film, and was ironically cancelled due to other reasons (Singer delaying it due to Valkyrie, the Writers strike) before new people at Warner decided they wanted to reboot.
Hellspawn28 wrote:Green Lantern
Once again... to recent of a release to really count out at this point.

You've seemingly put together a random mishmash, but very few actually match up with Evolution.

On the plus side, I'm ready for Spy Kids 5.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:09 am

Confirmed to be in pre-production at this point actually.
Really? I remember one of the producers behind the film not too while ago that they are not working it anymore?
I... what? Did you get these choices from an email list or something?
I remember like 13 or 12 years ago that Universal talk about a sequel but it look like it never happen. I'm not surprise that movie was awful in my opinion.
See Virus above.
From what I remember that the producers behind the film at the time confirm for a 2003 release date before the film was released?
Once again... to recent of a release to really count out at this point.
Not too while, WB said that they are not working a second film (http://news.yahoo.com/hollywood-balks-b ... 07203.html).

I still think if a sequel to Evolution was made then it will be likely direct to video. The movie bombed in the US giving Fox a reason not waste money on a movie that no one will see in theaters. Since it did somewhat well over seas then they might release it in some small markets in other parts of the world. Starship Troopers 2 did got a small release in other parts of the world while it went direct to DVD in the US in 2004.
She/Her

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:56 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Not too while, WB said that they are not working a second film (http://news.yahoo.com/hollywood-balks-b ... 07203.html).
You might want to re-read your link. It does not say a Green Lantern sequel has been cancelled.

And even if it had, you don't trust cancellation news before a DVD or BD comes out.

And I never said I expected Evolution to get a sequel. I don't. My point was your examples don't really match up.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:26 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:DBE didn't well enough to make a sequel since it only made $57,497,699 worldwide with a budget around 40 million. Not to mention it got awful reviews. Films like DBE don't tend to get sequels.
That, and the fact that Funimation will not be pleased whenever another movie comes out.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:57 am

ringworm128 wrote:Independence Day 2? I'm so hyped now! I don't care what anyone says, ID is an awesome popcorn movie that needs a sequel.
Independence Day is one of my favorite movies of all time.

A sequel would be horrible trash and I would not go to see it. Some things don't need sequels because they are perfect standing alone.

Fortunately a sequel has been "coming soon!" since 1998, so hopes are good for it never happening.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 am

If DB live action adaptations are continuing, it needs a serious reboot, preferably in the hands of a competent director/writer.
But... Fox.

*Needs to read some of those fan-scripts to see if any of them are halfway decent*
*Fears that if the answer is "no", will become too confident in own silly ideas*
But we're at least past the point where all movies must be darker and edgier (... right?).
I imagined just about every scene in DBE happening at night, except the training at the beginning and Yamcha's bandit-pit.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:57 am

No, now very off-topic, no real conversation to be had. Thanks for playing :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::