Kid Boo Vs Super Boo

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Kid Boo Vs Super Boo

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 am

Who's stronger? Let's discuss.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Re: Kid Boo Vs Super Boo

Post by Mystic Gohan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:46 am

SSJ3 Goku states himself that he can't beat Super Buu, while he fights dead even with Kid Buu. Kid Buu and SSJ3 Goku are ants compared to Super Buu, Mystic Gohan, and Gotenks.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:04 am

Mystic Gohan wrote:SSJ3 Goku states himself that he can't beat Super Buu, while he fights dead even with Kid Buu. Kid Buu and SSJ3 Goku are ants compared to Super Buu, Mystic Gohan, and Gotenks.

When does he state that he's no match for Super Boo during the fight with Kid Boo? Also, why didn't they ever mention bringing back Gohan to fight Kid Boo?
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:17 am

Isn't this one of those topics that has been done to death like "was Gohan SSJ1 or 2 when he fought Dabra?" Or "was Goku really there to help Gohan and Goten in Movie 10?"

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:51 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Also, why didn't they ever mention bringing back Gohan to fight Kid Boo?
Because that's not dramatic enough. The entire Kid Buu section is completely retarded bullshit used to set up a dangerous situation where there is literally no danger.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:31 am

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks was about equal to Evil Boo, with Ultimate Gohan even stronger.
Super Saiyan 3 Goku was stronger than Innocent Boo, though not by much since he wasn't sure in the beginning if he could beat him, but he admitted later that he could have, if he wanted.
Goku also said to Vegeta when inside Evil Boo that they are no match for against Evil Boo, except if they use Fusion.
When they removed Mr. Boo from Evil Boo's system, and Evil Boo transformed into South Kaioshin Boo, Goku & Vegeta got panicked, but when South Kaioshin Boo transformed into Pure Boo, they believed that they could handle him now. Even though they admitted later that they underestimated him because of his size, Goku still believed that he could still beat him if he could go full power in Super Saiyan 3. But the problem was that he wasn't used to his SS3 in his living body, and his power fell, instead of rising.
As for why they used Genki Dama to destroy him instead of bringing Gohan & Gotenks, Vegeta told Goku that he should use Genki Dama to destroy Boo so that the Earthlings would do it with their own power (by donating their genki to the Genki Dama) instead of relying on others (Z-Senshi) who always do the job for them.
Now if you ask "Why isn't Goku the strongest character since he is the main character?" or "Why isn't Pure Boo the strongest if he is the final villain?", it's because Gohan & Gotenks were supposed to be the main heroes in Boo arc, with Goku staying dead. Pure Boo was introduced so that Boo's battle power would drop a Goku's level, who was overpowered by Evil Boo.
And also, if you ask why the Genki Dama wasn't strong enough to kill Boo if (Ultimate) Gohan had donated all of his ki, like Bussani said before, genki is ki, but not all ki is genki. Genki Dama's power comes from other people's genki, which is a part of ones ki. Genki is one's energy, not battle power. Ki symbolizes battle power, and genki symbolizes energy. So the amount of power Gohan gave to the Genki Dama isn't equal to his battle power.
So, Evil Boo > Pure Boo.

Unless if I'm wrong, all of the above were said in the manga, except for the genki stuff, that come from Toriyama in Super Exciting Guide.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:33 pm

OMFG!
I think the only reason I opened this topic was to see whether or not anyone exploded over it coming back.
Now that I'm done being a douche:

The general consensus has been that the anime tries to make Kid Buu the strongest, while the manga makes it very clear that Super Buu is the uncontested strongest Buu. (Even in the anime, the only thing that makes it seem like Kid Buu is stronger is a couple extra statements they wrote in.)

So, yeah, no, Kid Buu is not the strongest Buu, though the anime would like you to think so. This is practically fact.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:48 pm

If you're going to self-admit to being a douche and only opening topics to see if you can create some non-existent drama in your head to justify opening the thread in the first place, perhaps you're better off not opening and contributing to said thread at all.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:49 pm

This topic has been done to death. Most of us agree that Super Buu is stronger then Kid Buu.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:27 pm

What does it matter if you think it's been discussed to death? What about people who have never discussed it before? What if people have new insight they want to add? Who is this "most of us" you're referring to that have apparently come to this consensus?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Reason's why people think Kid Buu > Super Buu.

1. When Vegeta pulls out Good Buu from Super Buu's pod, there is supposed to be no kaioshin restraint left yet Kid Buu's ki is stated to be increasing.

That is clearly Buff Buu. That doesn't look like Kid Buu at all.

2. Kid Buu managed to deflect a Genki Dama with the power from Mystic Gohan, who is clearly stronger than Super Buu.

Genki is not the same as Ki. They are two different things. Genki is your life force, so everybody should have the same amount.

3. Goku and Vegeta were making fun of Kid Buu's size, not the size of his ki.

Why would they make fun of his size if his power is greater than either of theirs?

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:16 pm

The reason is because most of the audience will just think that the last guy is the strongest, instead of checking for every line in the manga. The Boo saga had a very strange development for sure.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Even I was a bit surprised while watching my Dragon Box 7 hearing Ssj3 Goku say that this Boo was the strongest. I knew this statement was never made in the manga, and that this must be where a large majority of the controversy comes from. Toei made Goku the strongest, so they gotta make Kid Boo the strongest as well. They even do this when Ssj3 Goku comes back to give Gohan the Potara. Boo states that Goku really is good, or something like that, after Goku dodges a few of Boo's attacks. This is Gotenks Boo, who put ultimate Gohan to shame. Yea...

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Fox666 wrote:The reason is because most of the audience will just think that the last guy is the strongest, instead of checking for every line in the manga.
Yep. When not thinking of it very much, you come to the conclusion that:

SS3 Goku = main character = strongest hero of all time
Pure Boo = villain's final form = strongest villain of all time

However, some people hadn't realized that Goku wasn't supposed to be the main hero of Boo arc. It was confirmed from Toriyama himself that Gohan was going to be the main character, with Goku staying dead. But it didn't work out, so Goku had to come back to somehow beat the overpowered Boo. So, Toriyama made Evil Boo to revert back to his original form, so that he could come back at Goku's level.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:00 am

the audience will just think that the last guy is the strongest, instead of checking for every line in the manga.
Like they're supposed to do? :P That's likely the reason why it's mainly people who don't try to over analyze junk and twist things to some "perfect" view that think that. Personally, when I look at the line in the last panel of pg 80 in volume fort-two, I can only imagine its intent as either being the common "yep, this one's stronger" reassurance line, or, more likely than not, to deceive people into thinking such. :lol:
However, some people hadn't realized that Goku wasn't supposed to be the main hero of Boo arc. It was confirmed from Toriyama himself that Gohan was going to be the main character, with Goku staying dead. But it didn't work out, so Goku had to come back to somehow beat the overpowered Boo. So, Toriyama made Evil Boo to revert back to his original form, so that he could come back at Goku's level.
And going by that, Toriyama apparently just decided himself that Goku is better off as the main character, so in the end, Goku did end up as the main character. So if being the main character is supposed to be any reason to make assumptions then it seems Goku is the one to make them about in the end. And the way some people make it sound like Toriyama must have been forced to do things a specific way with specific intent because the story wouldn't allow otherwise at a certain point, makes it sound like he was so obsessed with perfection and so limited on creativity that the story was ultimately in control of him. :P

Monkey D Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Monkey D Goku » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:41 pm

I always go with manga is the absolute truth. So I'm pretty sure Super Buu is stronger than Kid Buu by a good margin. Simple reason being that Goku at SSJ3 level stated or thought he was no match for Super Buu. Goku seemed confident against Kid Buu at the start of the battle, even keeping up with Kid Buu for quite some time before he realized his mistake.

This is the way I see it
Strongest at top -weakest at bottom
1.Gohan fused Buu
2.Gotenks fused Buu
3.Super Buu (Goku said they couldn't take him without a plan)
4.Kid Buu
5.Fat Buu (Struggling against Kid Buu)
(ignoring gray buu)
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear Leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering - Yoda

I use to be a adventurer like you,till I took an arrow in the knee - Generic Skyrim Guard

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Goku (While inside Super Buu) "Wait, i know that Buu weakened, but he is still much stronger than us, if we go out like this, we`ll die for sure"
Right after Kid Boo appeared, Goku said, they should beat him without trouble, but later, during fight, he said "If only we had Potara...maybe we shouldn`t play heroes, i thought it will be easier"
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:27 pm

I like the final villains to be the strongest. That's why Kid Boo is the strongest Boo for me. Otherwise it ruins the feeling of finality for me. Yeah the manga might say something different and perhaps the anime too somehow at points, but nonetheless this way I can enjoy it more.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:36 pm

InfernalVegito wrote:I like the final villains to be the strongest. That's why Kid Boo is the strongest Boo for me. Otherwise it ruins the feeling of finality for me. Yeah the manga might say something different and perhaps the anime too somehow at points, but nonetheless this way I can enjoy it more.
This is an interesting view point. Although, you're kinda just making it how you like it, but I can respect that.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Why is this such a hot topic?

I've seen very good arguments on both sides of the fence...for years...but really, it's one of those debates where you ultimately have to just agree to disagree, because you're not going to convince the other side.