which dbz dub do you like better?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superKRILLIN

which dbz dub do you like better?

Post by superKRILLIN » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 am

Funi-dub, ocean dub or big green dub. i like funi dub
TFS krillin: for a moment there i thought that was going to be me. TFS frieza: hahaha, your next. TFS krillin: what did i ever do to you? TFS frieza: remember my tail!? TFS krillin: cant you take a joke? TFS frieza: >:( TFS krillin: :) TFS krilin: AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! *boom*

[SP]
Not-So-Newbie

Re: which dbz dub do you like better?

Post by [SP] » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 am

superKRILLIN wrote:Funi-dub, ocean dub or big green dub. i like funi dub
I am not sure if this is supposed to be in this category as I do not know if this relates to DBZ Kai at all,

The Dragon Ball Z Dub list includes

Ocean -
Episodes 1-53, Movies 1-3, Other Ocean Dub - 108-276.
FUNimation in-house dub -
Episodes 68-276, Movies 1-12, Episodes 1-67 (UUE), Episodes 1-67 (Orange Bricks)
AB Group (Sometimes known as the Big Green Dub) - Movies (Unknown)

In my opinion, in the original Z dub, Ocean Group in the Episodes 1-53 and Movies 1-3 brought a solid performance. FUNimation did get better as Kai has an amazing dub with new FUNimation voice actors that brought a great performance. Ocean episodes 108-276 featured a somewhat different cast, and thought that FUNimation did better than the later Ocean Group dub.

In Short.
Z = Ocean (Movies 1-3)>Ocean (Eps 1-53)>FUNimation>Later Ocean Group (Eps108-276)>AB Group
Kai = FUNimation (Ocean dub of Kai has not been released yet.)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: which dbz dub do you like better?

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:59 am

This really has nothing at all to do with Kai. Additionally, please remember that you will be expected to construct well-written posts while contributing here -- the majority have not been this way so far. Take a second to review the forum rules, which you agreed to prior to registration. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::